• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 16, 2017
I started the game with 1,200 more scrap than I had yesterday, but I'm not able to craft banners. Am I doing something wrong? I want to craft one of those pride flags.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Most of these maps are pretty terrible, and I wish they'd lower the respawn time on picks ups so people would move around the map more. There just seems to be a lot less blind spots on the map, and you end up getting crossed up more without barely moving an inch. The respawn swap doesn't seem to work that well either right now.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

@CoalitionGears said:
#Gears5 Update: 6:05pm PT, Sept 11

We are currently rolling out a progression catch-up on Campaign Progress, Collectibles and related Achievements for impacted players.

This is an extensive rollout, and may take up to 24 hours to complete. Thank you for your patience.

I hope "achievements" includes Steam achievements. I'm going to be miffed if I have to restart 2-4.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
ZvAdbGE.png

My game started oddly. Saw the startup box in windows, but then it vanished for a good 30 seconds, then popped back up and the game actually started. But, then I got this screen. Everything seems to be working fine still.

Weird shit.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Nice to see good things about the campaign but from the looks of it, the multiplayer is once again shotgun-fest. Hopefully it stays on gamepass long enough for me to have time away from iceborne enough to play through it.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This version of Horde is one of the best multiplayer experiences out there.

Every character is fun to use, but Jack and Marcus are my favs.

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
Nice to see good things about the campaign but from the looks of it, the multiplayer is once again shotgun-fest. Hopefully it stays on gamepass long enough for me to have time away from iceborne enough to play through it.

...good. If you don't like that then you don't like Gears multiplayer. It's been like that since 2005 and I hope it doesn't change. There's no other game like this and the last thing I want is for it to be like other shooters.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
These new MP maps strongly encourage camping and stalemates. Way too many flank points too.

I like a few of them. Bunker and Training Grounds have a good flow and plenty yof opportunity to rout campers. I don't have any problems with the Lancers there, either; if I get killed by one it's because I was being a dumbass trying to go for an unreasonably large flank. District is serviceable even though the central walkway between the sides is a bit of a meat grinder.

Now if only I would stop getting pulled into US servers with 200 ping.

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone getting a bug in Horde while playing Jack? After I use my Ult, my weapon doesn't do any damage, it just stuns. It doesn't build up heat, either, and no electricity animation. Only time it's fixed itself was after a wipe.

Googling for Gears 5 bugs was about as helpful as you'd think.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: I'm dumb, just needed to literally drive forward a bit lol.

Last edited:

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
The multiplayer is all sorts of fucked. Matchmaking just gives me sweaty as fuck players nonstop and I can't win any matches because my team is sitting there drooling.

People are completely missing their damn shots but it one shots me. Game blows at the moment

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
So I finally finished the campaign.
What a goddamn ride. This is so far my game of the year and easily the best Xbox game I've played this generation.

Gears 6 can't come soon enough.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
I wanna give a shout out to all responsible for the Flock. From the visuals, to their mechanics, down to the gameplay, they are really engaging. The motion blur in this game really helps sell them, and watching the Flock shrink as you destroy it is very satisfying.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
People keep quitting ranked matches
What's supposed to happen is they will get 15min bans for the first time any get worse the more they quit. Some gears4 offenders had racked up over 30+ days of bans due to constant quitting.

Another factor that's supposed to take place is quitters will be matched with other quitters.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Insane Solo Campaign finished. What. A. Wild. Ride!

The game kept getting better and better, each encounter, each set piece, each story beat somehow managed to top whatever bar it set right before it. I simply loved every minute of it. I want to rave more, but now I must sleep.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's supposed to happen is they will get 15min bans for the first time any get worse the more they quit. Some gears4 offenders had racked up over 30+ days of bans due to constant quitting.

Another factor that's supposed to take place is quitters will be matched with other quitters.
The problem is people quit during the lobby screen when they see their team has noobs and the matchmaking restarts.

Jan 4, 2018
Started playing JD in Horde and while I enjoy him, I think it's dumb that his passive gives him ammo drops every sixth headshot and his Lancer GL seemingly can't pop heads. Even when landing consistent crits I just seem to down Swarm.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
what difficulty are you on? the second i made that post i wondered if it was something they made harder to avoid on higher difficulties

Experienced, I think? Who knows why they renamed them!

Someone else mentioned cloak, so I'll try that. I had JACK set to Stim (which seems the most useful in most circumstances) and was reluctant to change it.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Is anyone getting a bug in Horde while playing Jack? After I use my Ult, my weapon doesn't do any damage, it just stuns. It doesn't build up heat, either, and no electricity animation. Only time it's fixed itself was after a wipe.

Googling for Gears 5 bugs was about as helpful as you'd think.
I had that. One positive is that you can stun the enemy forever with that bug.
Started playing JD in Horde and while I enjoy him, I think it's dumb that his passive gives him ammo drops every sixth headshot and his Lancer GL seemingly can't pop heads. Even when landing consistent crits I just seem to down Swarm.
Headshot the downed enemy?

KingLear

Oct 25, 2017
Are the halo characters worth picking up the ultimate edition for if i'm mainly wanting to play horde?

Nov 6, 2017
What does everyone else think?
The energy system needs a complete rebalance. It's only working when all people exactly know how to play, transfer money / energy and work perfectly as a team. Del is really hard, maybe even more than in Gears 4, if people don't know how to play / handle energy.

And the individual level up perks in a match are quite useless after 1-2 upgrades because the benefit is so low. You can invest 10-20K in 6-12% more damage or health, but the health / damage of the enemies rises by 100% / 150% after the boss wave(s).

Last edited:

Awesome Wells

Dec 3, 2017
Hello!

That Matriarch boss fight is some bullshit. Quantum Break final boss levels of bullshit.

Thanks for coming to my TedTalk.

Jan 4, 2018
Headshot the downed enemy?

I've noticed that they tend to turn away from you when they go down, which makes it a pain. You can get the headshots on enemies that can't go down though, like Scions. Or just by using another weapon. But sucks that his primary loadout gun isn't the most efficient way to trigger his passive ability.

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
Is anyone else experiencing insane hit detection issues? A lot of damage just drops off for seemingly no reason and it's frustrating for me and my friends. It was perfect before the full launch.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
Hello!

That Matriarch boss fight is some bullshit. Quantum Break final boss levels of bullshit.

Thanks for coming to my TedTalk.
The one in Act 2 (well, I guess that's the only on)? Felt so outdated. And even on normal it takes a while to kill the thing.The fight is not hard, but getting killed by a single attack near the end and have to start over makes this fight really tedious.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Experienced, I think? Who knows why they renamed them!

Someone else mentioned cloak, so I'll try that. I had JACK set to Stim (which seems the most useful in most circumstances) and was reluctant to change it.
Weird. I've only played the game on Experienced but I've definitely dodge-rolled the incoming spike, but I couldn't do it just as she threw it. I could only get the dodge just barely after she let loose with it.

Most of the time I would try to hide behind a column, or better yet the other side of the arena when possible in case she was
doing to multi-spike throwing number.

Most of the time when I fight that boss I shoot the ice between the Matriarch and me and try to goad her to charge into the hole I just made

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Are the halo characters worth picking up the ultimate edition for if i'm mainly wanting to play horde?
They have fun abilities with a cool skill that simulates the Halo shield, Horde is really great imo so I could see you getting the value from ultimate edition. Though you should probably see if you like Horde first

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
The energy system needs a complete rebalance. It's only working when all people exactly know how to play, transfer money / energy and work perfectly as a team. Del is really hard, maybe even more than in Gears 4, if people don't know how to play / handle energy.

And the individual level up perks in a match are quite useless after 1-2 upgrades because the benefit is so low. You can invest 10-20K in 6-12% more damage or health, but the health / damage of the enemies rises by 100% / 150% after the boss wave(s).

Agreed! Im sure they're onto a fix after they sort out all the tech issues.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah theres a few small touches like that that makes it a bit more frantic.
I like how it makes it more strategic, in 4 it was much easier to build up an army of turrets i can see how they wanted to steer ppl away from that a bit.

I know theres Del, i think there might be a few others that can build but havent looked past him and Jack yet. Which other characters can build?
Kat can build just like Del.
Everyone else can build a combination of 2 buildings(excluding forge and weapons locker from what I've seen).

Personally I wish perks were more viable and could compete with turrets and the like.

Awesome Wells

Dec 3, 2017
The one in Act 2 (well, I guess that's the only on)? Felt so outdated. And even on normal it takes a while to kill the thing.The fight is not hard, but getting killed by a single attack near the end and have to start over makes this fight really tedious.
Yep, exactly that one. Probably not helped by the fact I'm playing solo and Del is utterly useless.

I'm not sure what your hoping to achieve with that pipe there Del....Situation seems to call for something a bit more shooty-bang-bang.

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
Yep, exactly that one. Probably not helped by the fact I'm playing solo and Del is utterly useless.

I'm not sure what your hoping to achieve with that pipe there Del....Situation seems to call for something a bit more shooty-bang-bang.
Just need to start building Turrets like only he and Kat can and then you're golden.