• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently they said that their bringing all the Horde characters to Escape(minus Jack) and Escape to Horde. I hope that they make some more cards to make that work

Stewarto

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck, I just done two daily challenges and didn't get the double stars even though I have boost and the blue stars on my menu.... what gives

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They fucked the rank system up.

Man they are trying their hardest to chase away the main playerbase.

JAGMASK

Jan 3, 2018
What the fuck, I just done two daily challenges and didn't get the double stars even though I have boost and the blue stars on my menu.... what gives

Yeah the same just happened to me. I'm getting sick of all these bugs. I'd be really mad if i'd paid £50 for this game. Every aspect from campaign to pvp has had bugs that have affected my enjoyment in a major way.

It sucks because if the game worked as intended, then it would probably be up there as one of my favourites in the series.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Playing on PC with ultra settings (have an RTX 2080) and my framerate tanked during the combat for Act 2 Ch 5. Switching to the high profile alleviated the issues but I couldn't figure out which video setting was causing my GPU to max out. To be more specific,
performance issues appeared when the Drones started breaking out of the cryostasis chambers.
Are there any other parts in the game that demanding?

Stewarto

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the same just happened to me. I'm getting sick of all these bugs. I'd be really mad if i'd paid £50 for this game. Every aspect from campaign to pvp has had bugs that have affected my enjoyment in a major way.

It sucks because if the game worked as intended, then it would probably be up there as one of my favourites in the series.

Yeah same, Bugs aplenty.

Which is weird because it's not even their first game, they had gears 4 and literal years to adjust and prepare for this game yet they still say they need more feedback data and they are learning? I don't get it.

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
I played Gears 4 for a long time. I feel done after playing a few days.
I love this game way more than gears 4 ESPECIALLY the MP. The maps this time aren't ass and are actually good. But the rank system is so goddamn bad, I had to watch a shit ton of videos just to understand what I'm doing. When a player has to do that instead of just playing the game, you fucked up.

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
Yeah same, Bugs aplenty.

Which is weird because it's not even their first game, they had gears 4 and literal years to adjust and prepare for this game yet they still say they need more feedback data and they are learning? I don't get it.
I've actually been good since that last title update and I'm playing on gamepass. I don't mean to be that guy, but I did have all those problems at launch but I haven't see any of them recently.

Stewarto

Oct 27, 2017
Ranked is a mess, I go 10-1 win both rounds and still lose 79 points.

Why put me in games where I will lose overall no matter what I do?

agiantsheep

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone else have their explorer.exe (the one with the taskbar) crash and restart during the Escape loading screens? It annoyingly restarts above the game window and takes focus away. I'm guessing it's either VRAM related (2gb is really not enough for this game) or because the game forces itself to high priority and completely consumes the cpu.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
These devs should open up satellite offices in the UK and the East Coast of the US in order to fix issues that arise before the main office gets to work, such as the star issue today.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Damn you can beat the surge in atleast insane in 2-3 minutes real time. Great grinding place

Yeah, I immediately noticed this when my 2 teammates literally just ran right thru the map :(
Like WTF, why even play? ....oh that's right, folks just want to grind... why? For cosmetics? To level up?
I'm starting to believe that Escape actually DOES suck as a mode.

I agree with what someone else said that they need a truncated version of Horde for a consistent PvE experience that doesn't take 90 mins to do a full run. Escape isn't that mode. Especially when folks just want to grind the shit out and don't engage in combat really at all. There's no rhythm to it. It's like.... having a real quick, but also REAL mediocre bone-zone with someone. Completely un-gratifying.

Atisha

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Still loving the game. Nearly at the metal skin set for Tour of Duty. Saw my first Desert Armor JD yesterday. Had to tip my cap.

OP
OP
Dyashen

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
80 hours in so far. Nearly at the Major General 3 rank (Desert Kait skin). Most likely done with the Tour of Duty by the end of next week.
Still in love with this game :D

Playing Del in Horde is pretty enjoying when the team is helping out with collecting power. I did encounter someone playing as Jack on Advanced difficulty who kept building supply lockers even though no one was really using them. This game just feels GOAT-tier when everything just clicks and that's especially when your team knows and understands the basics.

Also wow the Claw has to be one of my favourite weapons in any multiplayer game. Takes some learning at first but using this baby in Horde as JD/Marcus is just perfection.

Deleted member 1120

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playing the campaign. Why did the Coalition take away the flashlights? I get that Jack has a flashlight but in Gears 4, they had flashlights!

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Double stars aren't working for me and many other people.

Course I didn't realise until I'd spent all my Iron getting new objectives.

TC says they don't know if they can't retroactively give people stars that missed out on them -_-

Playing the campaign. Why did the Coalition take away the flashlights? I get that Jack has a flashlight but in Gears 4, they had flashlights!

Yeah, bit of a step back for sure, especially when playing co-op.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I love this game way more than gears 4 ESPECIALLY the MP. The maps this time aren't ass and are actually good. But the rank system is so goddamn bad, I had to watch a shit ton of videos just to understand what I'm doing. When a player has to do that instead of just playing the game, you fucked up.

I actually think the maps are among the worst in the series. Way too many camp spots that have way too many sight lines. It's like they designed the maps to encourage more rifle play except they didn't get with the balance team to find out that the Lancer was going to be way stronger this time around.

Stewarto

Oct 27, 2017
They said they have fixed the double stars (after 15 hours mind), but now they have broken so many other things.

Tour objectives aren't tracking and are frozen, all progress is frozen e.g. ribbons, xp and apparently escape is crashing for people now.

This would be infuriating if it wasn't so laughable.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They said they have fixed the double stars (after 15 hours mind), but now they have broken so many other things.

Tour objectives aren't tracking and are frozen, all progress is frozen e.g. ribbons, xp and apparently escape is crashing for people now.

This would be infuriating if it wasn't so laughable.

Weird thing is last time they did double stars it worked without issue, and now this.

Hopefully when I sign back in they'll add the stars I was supposed to get or just give away a dozen for free.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
double star fixed but they broke progress on Daily Objectives.

did the Objectives at least roll over at 5:00PM PT?

wow
I think I see what might have happened lol…

Somebody on reddit posted in that ~10 minute span where double stars were working again at 4:10 PDT and they claimed that double stars were even applying to medals too.

I'm assuming TC saw/recognized this and just pulled the plug on everything to avoid royally ■■■■■■■ the ToD by allowing 2x stars on Medals.

Edit:
Here's the post. 7 They claimed they got double stars on the 250 Mac Headshot Medal which would be somewhere around 12-14 stars, if I remember right lol.

Last edited:

Orion514

Oct 25, 2018
Illinois
So I come back to gears 5 after a multiple week break thinking "Oh, I'm sure they've worked their issues out by now." Welp, back to Destiny 2..lol

Broman1978

Nov 11, 2017
Replaying the campagin to collect some Collectibles and goddamn this game looks sooo good om Xbox One X 😳 At 60fps its truly spectacular how good this looks.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
double star fixed but they broke progress on Daily Objectives.

did the Objectives at least roll over at 5:00PM PT?

wow

I've spent the last almost 2 hours trying to grind my 15 Grenade kills out with Marcus in Arcade to no avail. So extremely irritating. Especially when the double stars thing is today. Good chunk of my free time tonight just down the toilet. Its failed to track any of my results. Fucking done with this tonight. Ugh.

JaggedSac

Oct 25, 2017
Burbs of Atlanta
Just finished a 50 wave horde run on insane. I hope I get my progress...

Edit: Still haven't gotten xp or cards for my horde match last night :(

Last edited:

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio

Double star issue fixed, they are looking to reward the stars you missed this week, and they are extending the double star event until Monday at 10AM Pacific. Not bad!

Atisha

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
I've spent the last almost 2 hours trying to grind my 15 Grenade kills out with Marcus in Arcade to no avail. So extremely irritating. Especially when the double stars thing is today. Good chunk of my free time tonight just down the toilet. Its failed to track any of my results. Fucking done with this tonight. Ugh.

I've been using linda hamilton on beginner horde. With upgraded cards she can carry 7 frags - but you have to buy them from the Fabricator, and sometimes i'll join a game and the host wont let people buy stuff . . . .

Side Note: I think The Coalition should drop - Terminator 1, and Terminator 2 era linda hamiltons! Make my dreams come true TC.

OP
OP
Dyashen

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Now I'm just 12 stars away from reaching General rank :D
Glad they're extending the event. It's a shame that it happened, but oh well.

JAGMASK

Jan 3, 2018
Wanted to do the double stars on Saturday before leaving the country for a week. I've missed out this weekend now because I had to leave this morning. Oh well, I'll live.

Emrober5

Oct 27, 2017
A little late as I was unable to play for a bit but I have finally finished the campaign.

Really enjoyed it. Definitely an improvement over 4 and I love the changes they made. I do feel like Act 3 overstayed it's welcome a little bit. The story wasn't as interesting in that act compared to Act 2 so I ended up skipping some of the side stuff.

I would say an 8.5 is perfect for this game. If Act 3 was a little stronger I would bump it to a 9.

Wasn't expecting that I would have to make THAT choice, either. Can't wait to see where the story goes from here.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Can''t believe we're 6 games deep in this series and they still haven't added servers in Mexico.

Same shit as always, getting sponged by people south of the border.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Me and friends played two games of Horde. Normal and Hard.

Three complaints:

1- Still the same boring slow ass victory/results screen after every round JESUS CHRIST THERE ARE ALSO ACCIDENTAL BUTTONS TO MUTE YOUR FRIEND OR VIEW PROFILE FFFFFDFDXFDSFDXFDXFXDFFDFDFXDFFDGHGFDGXFDGFR HELP

2- We completed Normal just fine but died on Hard at wave 41 and we were surprised of no continue. Excuse me? All these hours just gone? Sure we got upgrades and exp but I want to finish the fight after one hour grinding. What the hell?

3- Leeches and rejects. Why do they keep adding absolute garbage enemies? To top it off, Deebies are still a thing. Just end me. The Coalition please spamming leaches or whatever is not fun at all.

To be fair I had more fun than 4 because I feel like the upgrade system rewards every player instead of dumping everything to the Engineer. feels more engaging and the maps look fantastic. They just need fine tuning and balancing.

agiantsheep

Oct 27, 2017
Me and friends played two games of Horde. Normal and Hard.

Three complaints:

1- Still the same boring slow ass victory/results screen after every round JESUS CHRIST THERE ARE ALSO ACCIDENTAL BUTTONS TO MUTE YOUR FRIEND OR VIEW PROFILE FFFFFDFDXFDSFDXFDXFXDFFDFDFXDFFDGHGFDGXFDGFR HELP

2- We completed Normal just fine but died on Hard at wave 41 and we were surprised of no continue. Excuse me? All these hours just gone? Sure we got upgrades and exp but I want to finish the fight after one hour grinding. What the hell?

3- Leeches and rejects. Why do they keep adding absolute garbage enemies? To top it off, Deebies are still a thing. Just end me. The Coalition please spamming leaches or whatever is not fun at all.

To be fair I had more fun than 4 because I feel like the upgrade system rewards every player instead of dumping everything to the Engineer. feels more engaging and the maps look fantastic. They just need fine tuning and balancing.

The horde difficulty order is so stupid. Why "no restarts" is the very first setting, who knows. I guess the coalition thinks it's great fun slogging through 2 hours getting to wave 49, only for some bad luck and a few hundred flashbangs to send everyone back to the main menu.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
How long is Act 4? This game takes up so much space on PC and I need to make some room for Destiny lol

Kinda mixed on the campaign. The presentation, production values, and action are all top notch, Kait and Del are solid characters too, but the slow pacing really does not go well with this type of gameplay. Going with a more linear structure would have not only down a few hours of padding, but would have entirely improved the experience.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Campaign reminds me of Metro Exodus, right down to the open-world being largely pointless and just taking away from the linear missions.

Least favourite trend in gaming right now. Either open-world it or don't. The new Tomb Raiders did it too, but the hubs were a lot smaller, so it didn't bother me as much. Gears 5 just has me wasting time in the Skiff going back and forth. There aren't even overland encounters, at least Metro had some baddies to run over.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
The Campaign reminds me of Metro Exodus, right down to the open-world being largely pointless and just taking away from the linear missions.

Least favourite trend in gaming right now. Either open-world it or don't. The new Tomb Raiders did it too, but the hubs were a lot smaller, so it didn't bother me as much. Gears 5 just has me wasting time in the Skiff going back and forth. There aren't even overland encounters, at least Metro had some baddies to run over.
Fair comparison, though Metro is so much worse.

The Open portion of Gears is, at worst, boring. Metro however, is a total pain in the ass to play through. Which is a shame, because the linear levels are great.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe all these people out there being like "Gears 5 is dead!"

tenor.gif

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I've only fiinished the first 2 acts, but the open world stuff seems fine. It reminds me of Evil Within 2 or the vehicle stuff in Half-Life 2, in that there really is no Ubisoft open world filler type stuff, and the side content is really just more main content.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

Double star issue fixed, they are looking to reward the stars you missed this week, and they are extending the double star event until Monday at 10AM Pacific. Not bad!

About that whole extension on the boost... as I was working on finishing my challenges they stopped displaying the double stars. Hopefully they fix these ones too. Yeesh.

Azerare

Oct 25, 2017
Just noticed Classic Gears 4 Del got added. Cannot wait for the other designs/hopefully outsider Kait comes back.
We're also supposed to get new characters this month too?