• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
07-10-2019_06-04-47-hzvsfhov.png

Kinda glad I reached the end so soon, I'll definitely come back for Tour of Duty 2 and any seasonal weeks like Halloween but i'm sorta relieved this is out of the way so I can focus on other things.

Had a great time though, hope TC keep's polishing it.

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
So you can only buy the skins that are available for that specific week? There Is no store like in the past, with tons of skins for purchase?

Also , how do you get iron? Only buying it ?

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Got so many tour of duty stars on the weekend. So how much time left to reach the last tour of duty rank?

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got so many tour of duty stars on the weekend. So how much time left to reach the last tour of duty rank?

12 more weeks.

So you can only buy the skins that are available for that specific week? There Is no store like in the past, with tons of skins for purchase?

Also , how do you get iron? Only buying it ?

You can buy it and it's available as a reward for completing some of the Tour of Duty ranks.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Just finished the game last night. Was feeling kinda "meh" on the game for reasons I can't quite put my finger on (the 'open' sections definitely felt superfluous but at least looked great and weren't that annoying), but damn the game ended strong.

Atisha

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
While looking at the loading screen, the promient one with the icey omen i noticed an easter egg in the design. Just below the right eye of the skull, in and around the cheekbone is a devil/demon featuring two horns, smirk, and a long pointy beard - all very stylized. Squint you'll see it.

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
Close KOTH ranked games are something else lol... such a meat grinder and that is only while in Silver division, can't imagine what is happening in the top tiers.

Input lag difference between X1X and pretty good PC( or rather CPU ) is reaaaaally noticeable, especially at high framerate. Fucking Jaguar strikes again... i wonder if they can fix this somehow, maybe change input handler thread priority or something like that for console version of the game. I would say that console players are at a pretty big disadvantage against even just 60hz PC players even when using gamepad. Good thing is that i see pretty balanced lobbies, like if one side has two PC players other side also usually has a few.

Also not having ping issues last 2-3 days which is great.

petetnt

Oct 28, 2017
I am at ACT 4 after

I had to pick who dies and got out of the building

and this game is becoming harder and harder to launch on PC. First I had random crashes after initial loading in ACT1, in ACT2 I usually the game is slowed into a crawl during the first ~5 minutes of launching and then worked normally (unless crashing to GE502 error) and now in ACT 4 it just eventually hard locks the whole computer, making me unable to continue. Some blame shoddy drivers, some blame Games For Windows, some blame the port, I'd guess it's some Xbox Live issues as it does seem to be having some probelms too, all the same to me but currently I have spent like 12 hours on the campaign, 6 hours solving technical issues and 1 hour losing progress because of getting stuck or next scene not loading and I am thinking if I should watch the rest on Youtube on fast forward. Is the Steam port better?

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
They fucked the rank system up.

Man they are trying their hardest to chase away the main playerbase.

They should just dump ranked systems all together. The game didn't need them before and it doesn't now.

It is dead unless you're a casual/new fan then you must really like it because it's catered to you. If you're a long time fan this game shit on you and throws you away.
Why? It plays a lot better than Gears 4 and has some cool new additions. It's like a nice transposition of Gears 3 (the best one obviously) and some of the best modern changes.

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
so they're adding one additional map to rotation - Foundation

yay I guess

too bad the servers are shitting the bed rn

Stewarto

Oct 27, 2017
-201 points for winning a match yet again... man, this is so disheartening like what's the point in trying at all.

So basically if my team wins, I get fucked and if my team loses I get super fucked. Awesome.

Also seen from the dev update that high level ToD emotes and voice lines are coming to the store, again what's the point in grinding the ranks when you will just be able to buy all this shit for a few $ in a month or two.

If they start selling the end rank ToD skins that's breaking point for me I think.

I know I seem to complain a lot but it's just frustrating how they are doing things, the core gameplay is still solid and I love the series....

At least they have fixed the EU pings that's a good thing at least.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
That new hive sounds fascinating. Almost like if the Scion gets close to the helipad, someone has to stay behind and keep it away from the doors.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I've only fiinished the first 2 acts, but the open world stuff seems fine. It reminds me of Evil Within 2 or the vehicle stuff in Half-Life 2, in that there really is no Ubisoft open world filler type stuff, and the side content is really just more main content.
The open level design philosophy for The Evil Within 2 is what Gears of War 5 should have aped, instead Uncharted or whatever they were going for.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, the new hive is very easy, I just realized that the meta is just running until the escape

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck fuck fuck

Got to level 48 on horde. Great team, but 2 members left and the freaking bots suck. Man, we were so close.. I won't play this horde shit anymore :(

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone getting Gears 5 Razer Turret releasing tomorrow? Does anyone have experience with the one already out? Just finding out that console M/KB players are not separated in rank verses controllers regardless of crossplay settings. Not too happy, but it is what it is. Seems the movement towards M/KB on consoles are well underway. Might as well jump in now and be ready for next gen.

CaptNink

Oct 27, 2017
B.C, Canada
Is there an achievement for ...

...beating the Matriarch and completing Act 2?

...cuz it didn't pop for me. First time I think that's ever happened in any game.

Oct 27, 2017
Man. Gamestop is just a mess trying to get accessories anymore. Had the Ace Combat 7 flight stick bundle delayed a month until I got it after release and was now just told the Gears 5 Razer Turret is delayed when it's supposed to be released today. Publishers need to stop having exclusive deals with gamestop. It's annoying.

OP
OP
Dyashen

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Finally reached General rank in Tour of Duty. Glad they're doing double star events and hopefully they won't stop doing those.

EGTP8OaVAAA3Zan

OP
OP
Dyashen

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
New styff

New hive sounds really cool along with flash bang stuff but once again mostly nothing substantial

Pretty cool stuff. I had some spare Iron and i bought the Niles Gnasher. Looks pretty good :)

Also...

Signing Off
We have a Title Update coming in mid-October which will see new character models added to Gears 5 – remember these can be earned or purchased. We'll reveal the details in the next What's Up.

Nice, now the wait for the inevitable Lizzie / Warden character can commence :D

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I really hate the way they do expressions in this game. The way they hold voice line for each character hostage so they can sell the global emote without it then sell the expression along with the voice line for each individual character as well is just so lazy and scummy.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
the issue with bullet magnetism seems to be resolved. apparently the PvE tuning made it's way into Versus with no one noticing.

EGafmQgU8AEWPHb.jpg:large

Last edited:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm on Major General II, with the missing stars from the past weekend I should reach III (Unless they already released them and I didn't realize)