• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I made it to general, now just one more set of stars and we got the whole thing I'm definitely not doing operation 2 but it was fun to play this game and unlock some stuff.

Unless Chairman Prescott is unlockable then they got me back in.

Tomash

Oct 25, 2017

Nerfs to Lancer in the next tuning update:
  • Active reload rate of fire increase reduced by 50% (was 20%, now 10%)
  • Long range damage reduced by 20% (damage done beyond 30m)
Aim assist reduction for Lancer and other long-range weapons:
  • Aim assist (adhesion) effect strength reduced for all weapons by 25% at all ranges up to 30m (beyond which there is no adhesion)

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I got a free 3 day boost from a pringles can if anyone wants it.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Well that's some straight good news, no strings attached.
I hope this is the start of better communication.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
Well that's some straight good news, no strings attached.
I hope this is the start of better communication.
there're also doing a new podcast.

it's a lot of info with this, the blog, and dev streams. now all they need to do is get the store prices under control but that might be an aspect out of their control and more in MS' hands.

Reckoner

Oct 26, 2017
How's the player count now that most Gamepass players are out? Debating if I should buy the full game or not.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Did that Gears Halloween Horde event get extended? I thought it was until Nov 4.. can you still earn skins with it? Until when?

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
99% of the skins are wack. They really need to up the quality. I'll check back in around December to see how things are going

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
Did they cut the season down? I'm two rams below lieutenant... not sure if it's even possible to get to general before it ends. >_>

Oct 26, 2017
So.

I'm fairly certain there something wrong at the core level with the netcode and coalition is hiding it.

Every game of execution ends up being 9-10 rounds.

In the same pendulum manner. 1,1,2,2, 1,2,1,1/2

It's too the point even my girlfriend pointed it out.

My guess is, they are rotating servers midgame to benefit the other team.

Or it's worse and we have a killer instinct situation , that's being picked up and dropped in the pendulum manner

Or this, each player is connected to the best server for them. Then those severe connect to each other and constantly update Info. But when there are 8 servers inconsistency becomes a issue and they hide it.we can see it in the kill cams, but they lie about the killcam being inconsistent.

CaptNink

Oct 27, 2017
B.C, Canada
I love playing Horde, but wth is going on with this game?! A number of times I was point blank range and my shots weren't registering. And everyone's "mark" icon was the default one.

I know the mark thing isn't a big deal, but if you can't get that to work, then what can you?!

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This game is making me lose hope on the xbox game studios new era for the scarlett, unless they decided to kill this game quickly to launch 6 for the scarlett.

There is zero reason to fuck up so much a flagship game like Gears, specially after all the goodwill from the initial launch

Atisha

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
This game is making me lose hope on the xbox game studios new era for the scarlett, unless they decided to kill this game quickly to launch 6 for the scarlett.

There is zero reason to fuck up so much a flagship game like Gears, specially after all the goodwill from the initial launch

I don't know. I played gears 3 on 360 earlier today and the multiplayer in five is the best ever. Campaign is debatable and subjectable but i like it alot comparitively. I like the new version of horde and all the possiblities it offers. 60fps on that mode makes me happy, and there are so many options for your pleasure. I like that they have done something fresh there.

Escape can be very good fun, and it's it's own unique thing.

I don't mind the microtransaction side of things at all, whatsoever.

The game is beautiful. Runs great on base hardware; mixes up the formula. I find it refreshing. I also like the dribble feed of content; keeps me engaged and enthused and looking forward to the next thing. Whatever that may be. The mix up modes have been mostly to my liking. The Golden Gun thing was one and done. Overall i like way more about this game than i don't like. It's like 98 to 2.

My only niggles are like; there is a lot down time - waiting for matches to start, or escape to load, or bots to fill. Handshakes to be had.

I think the coalition is doing a good job. If i had any sagely advice it would be to not chase trends but to 'go confidently your own way, and go boldly there.'

Last edited:

Atisha

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
I love playing Horde, but wth is going on with this game?! A number of times I was point blank range and my shots weren't registering. And everyone's "mark" icon was the default one.

I know the mark thing isn't a big deal, but if you can't get that to work, then what can you?!
Was it a custom game? Your thowing the dice there i guess.
I'd say it's network stuff, and until everybody has lightning crack connections - shit will be off from time to time. Just roll with it. Happens to me all the time. You are not alone.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know. I played gears 3 on 360 earlier today and the multiplayer in five is the best ever. Campaign is debatable and subjectable but i like it alot comparitively. I like the new version of horde and all the possiblities it offers. 60fps on that mode makes me happy, and there are so many options for your pleasure. I like that they have done something fresh there.

Escape can be very good fun, and it's it's own unique thing.

I don't mind the microtransaction side of things at all, whatsoever.

The game is beautiful. Runs great on base hardware; mixes up the formula. I find it refreshing. I also like the dribble feed of content; keeps me engaged and enthused and looking forward to the next thing. Whatever that may be. The mix up modes have been mostly to my liking. The Golden Gun thing was one and done. Overall i like way more about this game than i don't like. It's like 98 to 2.

My only niggles are like; there is a lot down time - waiting for matches to start, or escape to load, or bots to fill. Handshakes to be had.

I think the coalition is doing a good job. If i had any sagely advice it would be to not chase trends but to 'go confidently your own way.'

There are lots of issues

- The campaign has lots of dumb bugs, some of them are not allowing people to finish the game
- The economy is godawful in this game, one thing would be to be greedy with the cosmetics, another is to rebuild your gameplay system to focus on hero skills who can only be unlocked after finishing games and only if they fucked up percentage drops didn't screwed you up. Also, let's not start with the fact that duplicates don't give scrap, so you can't even craft skills at a faster pace.
- Not being able to kick people on lobbies, or being able to filter them in the PVE's modes so you don't have to play on the highest difficulties with guys who are barely level 5
I'm not a fan of having 4 different game modes in ranked, this leads to populations being very low, and in some cases having waiting queues of almost 10-20 minutes
- Lots and lots of stupid bugs when introducing events, like ranked stars not showing up, or 4 weeks ago when I played escape with Lahni, only to have keegan appear in the game while having Lahni's ultimate, also, they promised one month ago double experience weekend on escape mode but they have to drop it because they encountered another bug.
- Not being effective on punishing rage quitters.
- Way too overpriced cosmetics, I was comparing fortnite with this game and is day and night, in fortnite you can get an entire set of weapons for the same price that 5 of them cost in this game
- Locking characters that are already in the campaign as prizes for the tour of duty, instead of giving cool original designs

I really want to like this game, I bough an XBOX ONE X with the gears 5 logo just because of how much hyped I was with this game, but the coalition are showing that they are not capable of launching a AAA gaas game to save their lifes, and it shows, because one could clearly tell that the population has been constantly dropping, is harder for me to find games in escape mode, and when I do, 60% of the times I'm matched with people way under my level that couldn't allow me to finish a game

Atisha

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
There are lots of issues

- The campaign has lots of dumb bugs, some of them are not allowing people to finish the game
- The economy is godawful in this game, one thing would be to be greedy with the cosmetics, another is to rebuild your gameplay system to focus on hero skills who can only be unlocked after finishing games and only if they fucked up percentage drops didn't screwed you up. Also, let's not start with the fact that duplicates don't give scrap, so you can't even craft skills at a faster pace.
- Not being able to kick people on lobbies, or being able to filter them in the PVE's modes so you don't have to play on the highest difficulties with guys who are barely level 5
I'm not a fan of having 4 different game modes in ranked, this leads to populations being very low, and in some cases having waiting queues of almost 10-20 minutes
- Lots and lots of stupid bugs when introducing events, like ranked stars not showing up, or 4 weeks ago when I played escape with Lahni, only to have keegan appear in the game while having Lahni's ultimate, also, they promised one month ago double experience weekend on escape mode but they have to drop it because they encountered another bug.
- Not being effective on punishing rage quitters.
- Way too overpriced cosmetics, I was comparing fortnite with this game and is day and night, in fortnite you can get an entire set of weapons for the same price that 5 of them cost in this game
- Locking characters that are already in the campaign as prizes for the tour of duty, instead of giving cool original designs

I really want to like this game, I bough an XBOX ONE X with the gears 5 logo just because of how much hyped I was with this game, but the coalition are showing that they are not capable of launching a AAA gaas game to save their lifes, and it shows, because one could clearly tell that the population has been constantly dropping, is harder for me to find games in escape mode, and when I do, 60% of the times I'm matched with people way under my level that couldn't allow me to finish a game

All legitimate concerns and i'm sure they will get those things ironed out ( more or less ) but in the meantime the series has never looked, or played for that matter - better and thats where my mind is on it, and thats where i take my enjoyment from.

Atisha

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Dear the Coalition

I regret to inform you that during the tour of gears 4 i never got an opportunity to don a Gears 3 Coletrain skin. Do rag, bare arms, brown number - whoo. Please recitfy this oversight in a future update to gears 5. Gears 3 Coltrain is best Coltrain. In addition Judgement is not a dirty word and there were some bitchin designs that i feel deep down - should make their return. For example Coletrain in chrome future suit, or the Onyx Guard, and Alex Brand

Thank you.

Your Loyal Fans

Last edited:

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finished my first escape master run.

I played with randoms, and must be by far the best team mates that I had ever played

I played lahni, and alongside emile we always let the mac get the bullets, no one played reckless, everyone knew what to do, would have been perfect if weren't for the fact that I only dropped common cards left a terrible taste in my mouth

Also, I love how The Coalition decided to launch the 2x exp for escape characters on the weekend that I'm travelling to Argentina

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017

I largely agree, but not on this one lol
I hate voting for modes in social when I basically just want to play koth all day. If ranked was the same way, I'd quit this game SO fast.

But my waiting times are also just a few minutes most of the time.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
I'm not sure I can make general without iron? Two weeks left, and I have about 7 ranks to go.

And some of these challenges are straight booty. Survive 35 round of horde, 2 stars. Win a match, 3 stars. That's silly.

Maybe I can grind some other tour stuff.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas