• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished all the tiers of the Battle Pass thing in time for Operation 2.0 tomorrow. Phew.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Movement adjustments to improve strafing including increased acceleration and a minor reduction in the delay from roadie run to shoot"

that's big

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I missed some medals, the grinding got boring after a while

I missed Kait, Del and JD, still I got the superior e-sports kait and batista skins, and no one gives a crap for del

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
What is the point then?
You can add(up to 2 probably) with upgraded power weapons skills. It's pretty interesting and allows for variety.
But you're probably always going to be use 1-2 skills for her ult.
Barid's ult is pretty good, I liked that they changed the Engy passive.
Kat's new skills are meh except the epic one
The new Escape skins look really good. I might go for all of them this time

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
You can add(up to 2 probably) with upgraded power weapons skills. It's pretty interesting and allows for variety.
But you're probably always going to be use 1-2 skills for her ult.
Barid's ult is pretty good, I liked that they changed the Engy passive.
Kat's new skills are meh except the epic one
The new Escape skins look really good. I might go for all of them this time
Is there a link to the new skins

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
So I read that the game has trouble keeping track of campaign collectibles because of cloud sync issues, but that was at launch. It was recommended to play the campaign offline. Is this still an issue?

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wow the last escape hive is so fucking bullshit, is really hard

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
So I won my first game of free for all which was fine. More interestingly...I had a fucking teammate lol. He popped up on tac/com and we couldn't kill each other. What a mess.

Edit: Also no matter what I do it seems to only spawn me in as Kait. Pretty annoying.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
So I've now had in a teammate in 2 out of 3 FFA games. You're telling me this didn't come up in testing? Bullllllshit.

Edit: Also this mode is stupidly spongy. I mean this game can't even handle 10 players, I'm not sure why they thought 14 would be fine.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
- two FFA maps had to be pulled an hour before launch
- FFA putting teams together
- Horde crashing
- game overall is hitching at random times for me

looks like another polished gem from the coalition

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
they reduced the prices on boosts and added double stars to the boost. that is pretty great tbh

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a link to the new skins
No, it's just that you can tell that the new Escape Leaderboard skins are the environment animated skins, like Frigid Blast from the small icon. They appear to be based off Vasqar environment. Which is a lot better than Infected or Hivebuster.
Also the Hypno set as supply is cool.

JAGMASK

Jan 3, 2018
What's required for 1% escape leader board? Level 15 characters on master, while speedrunning? Seems a bit daunting for me.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What's required for 1% escape leader board? Level 15 characters on master, while speedrunning? Seems a bit daunting for me.

15 isn't enough sometimes, the higher the level, there is more chances that your high level skills are maxed out, at 15 even though you unlocked the legendary card (which for most of the cast is worthless) you probably still have some cards at lower levels

Speedrunning isn't even necessary at all, you just need to be well coordinated, don't know if is necessary to have one of the cards that increase your score, but I'm starting to think that it is the case

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say, loving the hammer burst on allfathers arena. Three burst downs, great range. Definitely a good pick up.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Generally speaking you can get it on Insane if you kill stuff.
If you beat it on Master you will get 1%. It's only few like old Surge and Clock Run where that wasn't the case.
It depends on the characters for level. Someone like Mac can be getting 1% at lvl 10 since his general useful ones are early. While Keegan needs to get the Explosive. That said most people will be skeptical of a low lvl person trying to do High difficulty escapes

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
No one wants to team up to try tackling the last hive?

Otherwise, don't know how could I start grinding my characters quick

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I'd be surprised if they tampered with reviews but it's possible I suppose. With the update they put a prompt on start up asking you to review it like a damn mobile app though (lol) so maybe that contributed to an increase in score. Either way, it feels like more of TC/MS sticking their fingers in their ears and not wanting to face the reality that Gears 5 has been underwhelming for a lot of people. Even now it still feels like they're only making changes and fixing problems because their back is against the wall.

I just hope the game really improves. Gears 4 ended up being a great game and I hope the same for Gears 5.

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think that I'm done with this game, none of my friends play it, and I can't find people to try getting the top spots at escape mode

Also, I feel that we each passing week, the hive are getting more and more ridiculous

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
is there a way to just play arcade deathnatch? That was my favorite thing
do I need to do anything after unlocking the dee bee? He still isn't playable after I completed his challenges earlier today

Last edited: