• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Skel

Oct 27, 2017
France

Gears5Specs_Final-5d59f66f653a4-1024x576.jpg

Cross-buy informations:
If you are planning to purchase either version of Gears 5 via the Windows Store, you will also get the same version of the game to play on Xbox One (and vice versa). Any purchases you make via Windows Store will also carry to your Xbox version of the game.

Please note that purchasing via Steam is not part of the crossbuy platform. Purchases via Windows Store will not include a Steam copy of the game, and Steam purchasers will not get access to the game on Xbox One or Windows Store.

Cross-play:
Gears 5 supports Crossplay across Xbox One and PC for Campaign Co-Op, Versus, Horde and Escape.

Ranked play also supports Crossplay, though players on console will have the option to disable cross-platform ranked play should they choose to do so.

Regarding PC version quality:
AMD and Nvidia will be providing game-ready drivers for Gears 5 ready for launch day. We have worked with both partners to ensure further stability improvements in our partner's game launch drivers.

HDR and Dolby Atmos support:
Take your audio and visual experience to the next level with wide color gamut HDR10 support and the incredible sound of Dolby Atmos®.

21/9 and 32/9 support:
Not only does Gears 5 support Ultra Wide 21:9 gameplay, for the first time in Gears history, we also support Super Ultra Wide 32:9 aspect ratios during gameplay in all modes!

More at the link. Looks like a great port!

Pre-order pages:

store.steampowered.com

Gears 5 on Steam

From one of gaming’s most acclaimed sagas, Gears is bigger than ever. With all-out war descending, Kait Diaz breaks away to uncover her connection to the enemy and discovers the true danger to Sera – herself.

Last edited:

Gus

Oct 25, 2017
Cuiabá, Brazil
I didn't really get the recommended GPU, the GTX 1660ti is considerably more powerful than the 970. One is for 1440p and the other to 1080p maybe?

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, play it in ultrawidescreen or in 4k with HDR? Well my 4k screen is a TV without gsync but much larger than my monitor. Although Windows game pass games have been flaky with gsync for me since I do gsync via freesync.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Something weird I noticed in the link:

Steam Achievements are fully supported with Gears 5.

When logged in with your Xbox Live Account, you will also be able to earn most of the Xbox Live Achievements for Gears 5 too, just like you would when playing on Xbox One or with a Windows Store version of the game.

Kinda weird that they say "most". Why wouldn't it just be all of them?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Might want toa dd steam page slong with MS Store page for PC peeps ;3

store.steampowered.com

Gears 5 on Steam

From one of gaming’s most acclaimed sagas, Gears is bigger than ever. With all-out war descending, Kait Diaz breaks away to uncover her connection to the enemy and discovers the true danger to Sera – herself.
Is it me or is the pre order and price missing on steam?

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
I'm excited, but man do I hope they figured out that awful PC bug with NVidia cards that Gears 4 had. Not being able to get pass the splash screen for a nearly 100GB download was awful

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Have to update to a newer Windows version that I didn't want to play that. Sucks.

OP
OP
Skel

Skel

Oct 27, 2017
France
Apr 4, 2019
Oo.... Halo Reach character pack, eh?

Took em long enough to do some cross-IP stuff. :P (Been wanting COG helmets in Halo for a while too *cough* *nudge*).

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
Need to finish Gears 4 on PC so I can uninstall it and replace that monster of a game with 5 lol

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
So my 1070 sits somewhere between Recommended and Ideal. I am upgrading to the next big GPU series whenever that is. Also I am now seriously considering buying an SSD for game installs now. Damn.

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Splitscreen on PC is kinda huge. Not often you see that and it's great to see it being included in the PC version.

Nosgoth

Oct 28, 2017
Nice, steam version doesn't require w10, and the price is pretty reasonable. I'll play this before shadowkeep.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I assume this will be the case because people would be pissed otherwise, but: have they confirmed that multiplayer won't be split between Windows Store and Steam versions?

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
How much do digital titles usually cost in Euros? In the US it is of course $60 with around 7-9% sales tax. Since VAT is normally around 20%, to be equivalent of US pricing it should be $72 US or 65 euro.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So my 1070 sits somewhere between Recommended and Ideal. I am upgrading to the next big GPU series whenever that is. Also I am now seriously considering buying an SSD for game installs now. Damn.

Yeah my next build (probably in May or June) will be all SSD. With next gen consoles both having SSDs it's going to become a soft requirement for sure.

Your 1070 should destroy this game btw. I have a 980 ti and Gears 4 ran comfortably at or above 60 fps at 4k in multiplayer, Campaign/horde 1440p at 60 or above.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Wish Rod and co could've implemented ray tracing for PC players. I like seeing that tech so much.