• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sounds like the changes don't really push the franchise forward that much or aren't that meaningful, and also that the story is a bit disjointed here and there, but overall the game is still pretty solid.

This is the first review posted and that I've read.

Good to focus on literally the one outlier

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Decimal points when you using a 10 point scale will never not be dumb.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

Although it has a few stumbles, and an obvious setup for Gears 6, the overall campaign package is a satisfying experience whether you're a long time Gears fan or entirely new to the series. It's great to see The Coalition trying new things here, though on balance, the team still played it pretty safe. The campaign in Gears 5 is more of a minor iteration than a major evolution in gameplay. Maybe Gears 6 will push the envelope a bit more.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Don't really care about scores, just waiting till Friday to judge the game on my own. Expecting the best installment in the series tho.

Last edited:

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
GiEQQMW.png

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably not going to play much multiplayer, what's the consensus on the campaign? I have to get ready for work so I can't read much yet.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yet again, people on this website far too focused on arbitrary numbers and MC averages than the actual content of reviews.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
A game which heavily leans on multiplayer should not have a definitive score prior to release. Gamespot are right to give a review in progress pending multiplayer. For all we know the MP could be a disaster when it is in a live environment (MCC says hai).