• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
4EfVU9N.gif

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
While playing through the campaign I couldn't for the life of me find a way to just completely kill the HUD... Skiff compass and other UI elements were so annoying getting in the way. Did I miss something obvious? Anyhow I'll dig up some screenies.

PC [1080] - Shadowplay captures

gearsofwar5screenshotfpkn6.png

gearsofwar5screenshot1xj45.png

Jakke_Koala

Sep 28, 2018
Accidentally stumbled into this thread, but Holy shit, this game looks phenomenal.
Congrats The Coalition. Don't know how they did this, but it looks amazing

R8tedm3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Camera glitched on my Insane run, but i was able to get in 1st person view to get a close up on some of the character's.. lawd this is nuts!!!

Once photo-mode hits this game is really gonna explode all over!

Pc ver. 8k

iqhIsC.jpg

iqhQsD.jpg

Last edited:

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
X

y4mYsBuM9Byuwe0RQGASEyJ6FR8BEpQzoGdq5L1bQ2MqJmGJnmxMxOiAwk3N43iXH0lI7UCOijBnhWJmPkeWOoPSC6rI9-JHmeBb-Y2vLWcT4DbfDQB5MnFnYWqpOyLEcCOlj0Cwvmc8Zq3XN71U3IHKC_JAQg5OdwwBWB4M4ORhpWNotNgVoHmQRXiKakVUs4lFolDDsyZTt2jNcCKg8wglA

The textures in this game is astounding! Mostly every surface are extremely detailed with micro details. Just look at that ice and the tiny scratches O.o

y4msmj6uYTee-RmBuxoQBthibZe26Dy5AjD00vzknbRsRCjeocTtrnwByHZx2XvIRajHElM1Gl7E4BitpPgF3QcIEsR0HSQDCkqSpHtrajF379pEljoezqJa7qGHMHyTqb7OvUiggPjOr50bx4TLXFNImkgY-AVCZaXyiIzWGq_ewzjqpULGGgYJEBeZ4uT_pdZYLhbrOBSchVBKYGPUDymvw
Ha, so I'm not the only one that looks closely at walls/ground/tree trunks etc in the games I play. I do it in EVERY GAME lol

I think my obsession began with the tree trunks in Halo CE on the OG Xbox.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
Ha, so I'm not the only one that looks closely at walls/ground/tree trunks etc in the games I play. I do it in EVERY GAME lol

I think my obsession began with the tree trunks in Halo CE on the OG Xbox.

Me to! lol Halo CE actually has some amazing high frequency textures for rocks, grass, etc. My playthrough in Gears 5 is so long because of this i can't proceed without zooming on everything. I'm highly impressed how Gears 5 has so many detailed textures no matter how close

X

y4mTME6H4U6XqZiKJEKaLbevhdNEmdqUqOfXCy8VEvmtpkrBbw0dXGEaOQEYBNymSJjt9FP-E4l4IE78jb-C0ZN2Uqfg1ducezzePaNLJFC9JuDBZ8k_xrPifjng5zOOZ0hokqiVIUIfqQfldMiY0OOGLMdh4-2jOOQH8d-nYXO4dtSCDDxl_VMcgKmm6woEDmIANPty2EHR9LtmdJwaAqubQ
y4mHnkRQKXhzQeNFT5dkYcgZVlFw5j_a1vxXtYazveq1unqqu4BAMaV9CkGAd_mnQVXTeSiu3n4ptRDVLYtghLG6jnVndaZGFPGxQWeOSNzt3Tr-88RshTZd1QaNFaEYVCIJnK1iN90nnWkWR98YUeiO7bwZW60hdiMOu2S3nCU9C0hIUlXqcJH4OJnkFg1CZst9JCV6ArrAVhBzjuKN3q0HA

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
What is wild about game's graphics these days is that almost every asset feels like it receives equal care and love. I was constantly looking at the sweet UIR vehicles in Act 3 and wishing I could drive them. They are so well modeled that it makes you second guess their interactivity. It would be awesome to cruise the desert in their vehicles lol.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Thanks solis74 & elenarie few more from me...

Pc Ver 8k

i6W0Da.jpg

i6Wj3Q.jpg

^ Those icicles have never looked better:)
It sure does mate. That was my fave area to play out of the whole game. Truly insane lighting, and at times it felt like a CGI movie, especially the cut scenes. Speaking of which i'm gonna switch it up and upload some of the cut scene photos for those of you who would like some nice wallpapers, or perhaps some of you like to see the time and effort TC put into characters faces/armor.

Enjoy:)

Pc Ver. 8k

iC658H.jpg
Thanks solis74...few more:)
Pc Ver. 8k

iCkvM1.jpg
Apologize for the mega quote but I can't believe these...I just can't...

tenor.gif

R8tedm3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
How are you taking screenshots? Both Shadowplay and RTSS are making my shots blurry.

rodrigolfp i take them with RTSS, and i take them so that it saves them as BMP's. Afterwards i resize them with Flickr down to 2560x1440 and save them as JPEG's. that's pretty much it.

Thanks solis74 & DumpsterJuice :) i played tons of games, but Gears 5 is in my top 3 best looking games ever made!!! On my 85" 8k tv it really looks orgasmic. Can't get enough of it, best Gears game yet!!!

Can't wait for photo-mode...it's gonna be a spectacle once it releases. Textures are very high quality, gonna turn out some outstanding screenshots!!

R8tedm3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Pc Ver. 8k

Some close-ups of characters faces. Detail is astonishing, JD's scar cutting into his eyebrow. And, look at Kait's teeth... looking so real it's scary! Especially the fact that they're lil bit uneven which makes them look even more realistic.

iB4Hfm.jpg

iB4z0i.jpg