• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Halo with mouse and keyboard has a way bigger advantage then in Gears. Gears is way more about movement like Kasey said. But we have had this talk already with Gears 4 crossplay.
Even the Coalition came with backend stuff there wasnt much difference in winrates etc.

this is why I dont want crossplay with Pc in anything. more risk of Pc cheaters and if there's even a 1% difference in "winrates" on any side, that's too much and they shouldn't crossplay. PS4/Xbox/Switch fine. No PC. Separate topic though.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Totally fine with killcam, not down with flashes though. Ink grenades already impair your vision to a slight degree while smoke disorients you if you're close enough when it detonates, no need for a flash.
Ink doesn't exist anymore, though, and smoke no longer stuns, which is the main function of flash grenades.

I didn't like the impairment of vision, but it looks like it'll last as long as a stun which already feels bad and is a decent non-lethal punishment for not getting out of the way on time.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
this is why I dont want crossplay with Pc in anything. more risk of Pc cheaters and if there's even a 1% difference in "winrates" on any side, that's too much and they shouldn't crossplay. PS4/Xbox/Switch fine. No PC. Separate topic though.

It's not an issue though. Gears 4 merged there playerbases and it's been perfectly fine. It's not like the game is rife with cheaters and The Coalition will obviously be vigilant especially at launch of Gears 5 to stop anyone who is cheating.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
It's not an issue though. Gears 4 merged there playerbases and it's been perfectly fine. It's not like the game is rife with cheaters and The Coalition will obviously be vigilant especially at launch of Gears 5 to stop anyone who is cheating.

Well I play Destiny 2 crucible on console and I love knowing aimbots dont exist. Also, your "it's not like the game is rife with cheaters" phrasing scares me as you are basically admitting there is a level of cheating it just falls under whatever you consider "rife".. I dont want to play with PC even aside the huge gulf between m/k and controller regardless how it's dealt with. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I currently feel.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Well I play Destiny 2 crucible on console and I love knowing aimbots dont exist. Also, your "it's not like the game is rife with cheaters" phrasing scares me as you are basically admitting there is a level of cheating it just falls under whatever you consider "rife".. I dont want to play with PC even aside the huge gulf between m/k and controller regardless how it's dealt with. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I currently feel.

So just play on console and turn off the cross play, it's really not that difficult.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Sounds like a lot of content for a tech-test. Can`t wait!

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
Halo with mouse and keyboard has a way bigger advantage then in Gears. Gears is way more about movement like Kasey said. But we have had this talk already with Gears 4 crossplay.
Even the Coalition came with backend stuff there wasnt much difference in winrates etc.
Idk man I see people (not including me lol I'm nice asf) usually get wrecked by keyboard and mouse. Halo you can just say fuck it and grab a ghost an try to splatter everyone lol. There's more options is what I mean. Gears is just who has the better aim and wall bouncing, also not like we have similar data to compare halo against gears pc players sooo I'm still going to go with halo being more crossplay friendly. Gears is definitely about movement, halos about planning. Doesn't matter how good your mouse is if I've already pooped (edit: autocorrects out to kill today 😭) your shield with a nade and your 1 shot. I'm all for escape and horde crossplay though.

Last edited:

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
is the mp on these games generally good? i have only played for the campaign
I'll just be straight up with you, your probably not going to have fun because you WILL be destroyed. Arms race and this new arcade mode are good casual-esq modes to jump into though, that's what I did when I got 4 since I haven't touched gears since 3 to get a better handle on things again, especially arms race, teaches you all the weapons and such and I don't doubt it wouldn't be in gears 5. If you want to play just git gud lol, app there is to it.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Idk man I see people (not including me lol I'm nice asf) usually get wrecked by keyboard and mouse. Halo you can just say fuck it and grab a ghost an try to splatter everyone lol. There's more options is what I mean. Gears is just who has the better aim and wall bouncing, also not like we have similar data to compare halo against gears pc players sooo I'm still going to go with halo being more crossplay friendly. Gears is definitely about movement, halos about planning. Doesn't matter how good your mouse is if I've already pooped your shield with a nade and your 1 shot. I'm all for escape and horde crossplay though.
Movement and wallbouncing is mainly easier done on the console. I even have friends who play on PC with Gears 4 and use a controller because its easier to wallbounce shotty.

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
I have played Halo 5 forge on PC with my controller and do just fine against mouse and keyboard players. Same with all the Battlefield games. Unless you are really good or a pro I would say the majority of people can hang in PC games with a controller.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I have played Halo 5 forge on PC with my controller and do just fine against mouse and keyboard players. Same with all the Battlefield games. Unless you are really good or a pro I would say the majority of people can hang in PC games with a controller.
Offcourse. But between Gears and Halo. Mouse and Keyboard has a bigger advantage with Halo. Because Gears is all about movement with wallbouncing.
But we had this conversation on the old site already when Gears 4 crossplay haha.

To be fair Halo Forge has very shitty PC controls tho.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised to see a 970 for recommended specs. Luckily enough I'm thinking about buying the Ryzen 5 3600 which comes with 3 months of Game Pass.

Ballistik

Oct 26, 2017
I'm at Re-up 11 in Gears 4, Diamond rank every season in Escalation... ready to jump into 5. :)

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Gears 4 ran superbly on my PC, hoping Gears 5 is more of the same. Based on the requirements, I seem to be falling in the Recommended column.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
I'm a Gears PC player and im offended by your comment

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Didn't see this post from yesterday, looks like some type of post match screen. I think emotes will actually fit into Gears multiplayer pretty well. I'm excited to see what they put in.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
Movement and wallbouncing is mainly easier done on the console. I even have friends who play on PC with Gears 4 and use a controller because its easier to wallbounce shotty.
Good thing on PC I get the best of both worlds with the Steam controller: full Xbox One controls with mouse aim.

I also remapped the vital face buttons to the paddles so I can still wallbounce/roadie run/melee/grenade tag while still having full camera control. It's awesome.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
AgitatedUnfoldedEgg.gif

MellowImprobableBorzoi.gif

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
This was for 4 btw. Intresting to see for Gears 5 the min spec needs 6gb Ram and for Gears 4 is 8GB.
Could be because this is just MP tho for 5.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Ferikkain%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F08%2FGOW4_PC_Specs-1200x675.jpg

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Nani? Geforce 970 or gtx 1660Ti??? 1660Ti is almost 100% faster!!!

The same for AMD, they have the 570 listed alongside the brand new 5700. I've long since stopped listening to system requirements years ago, they always have weird mismatches like this and AMD FX-6000 supposedly being equivalent to Skylake i3. They're either a list of popular components or whatever the developers had around the office at the time.