• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Dyashen

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Particle effects in general have received a nice upgrade over Gears 4.

t5ytbN0.gif

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to give this a shot!

The Xbox app on PC still has issues with download speeds. I have no idea why I'm only getting 4 MB/s down when I have 80 mb/s down wired on my computer

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
Can't wait to give this a shot!

The Xbox app on PC still has issues with download speeds. I have no idea why I'm only getting 4 MB/s down when I have 80 mb/s down wired on my computer
Not on my PC. But I do have a damn issue with not having an Xbox Game Bar in Win 10 1903 because the store refuses to download the update. Random meaningless generic error.

agc

Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Doesn't look like anyone answered this for you, but I think you have to pre-order the digital version (see tweet in Slicer's post above). Doesn't seem clear on Amazon.

I'm a Game Pass subscriber so I'm ready to go and can't wait till tomorrow!

You can also access the Technical Test by pre-ordering digitally via the Xbox Store and downloading it here, or by redeeming a code provided when pre-ordering a physical copy at participating retailers. See below for a list of participating retailers.

I have the Ultimate Edition pre-ordered, so I should have a code. It's not digital only.

TRios Zen

Oct 25, 2017
You can also access the Technical Test by pre-ordering digitally via the Xbox Store and downloading it here, or by redeeming a code provided when pre-ordering a physical copy at participating retailers. See below for a list of participating retailers.

I have the Ultimate Edition pre-ordered, so I should have a code. It's not digital only.
I had seen the "order digitally" thing a few places, but as I plan on buying it digitally had never looked at physical copies. Regardless, good luck, hope you get your code soon!

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Im annoyed I still havent got my code...
Is there somewhere to complain to amazon that I want my code?

Nuri

Jan 4, 2018
Im annoyed I still havent got my code...
Is there somewhere to complain to amazon that I want my code?

If getting the code from the retailer doesn't pan out you can always pre-order digitally on XBL (they won't charge you til a week before launch) and cancel after the beta.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
The thing is with gears I don't find it pretty much useful. You don't know if it's your friend or enemy team unless you're COG and hear grunting behind you. Footsteps in Gears makes me lose my mind
this was the point of my post. the footsteps here in Gears 5 sound much clearer compared to past games. there is a very big distinction between that Swarm running away and the Cog teammate beside you.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
Damn, gotta work this weekend but I'm definitely in for the tech test next weekend though.

Hyped as fuck (gonna play some more Gears 4 in anticipation).

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
so these will be the customization items in Gears5. Character Skins, Weapon Skins, Expressions, Executions, Bloodsprays, Marks, Banners.

D_ypRHFU4AA7U98.png

D_yqth7U4AAgy7J.jpg:large

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
petty, but I wish they'd change the look of some of the legacy weapons just to give the game a new look in that regard. Seems like the lancer always gets a variant or new look, but the snub and Gnasher stay looking the same lol.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
so these will be the customization items in Gears5. Character Skins, Weapon Skins, Expressions, Executions, Bloodsprays, Marks, Banners.

D_ypRHFU4AA7U98.png
Looks like plenty of room for a third tab under characters and two tabs under Marks (possibly replace marks with Misc or something?). Hopefully the stuff they'll have is actually cool.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Well just remembered i wont be able to play anyways going to my parents and i only have a 360 there. Oh well ill catch up on gears 3 maybe

Tomash

Oct 25, 2017
Just remove that option entirely.
Tbh I don't know why they don't, I feel like Gears is one of those games that doesn't really have a HUGE advantage with compared to PC / Consoles.

They allow M+KB on console now, so that's not it. Any advantage you get from different input is incorporated into your skill rating(MMR). If you start playing better, you'll get better opponents.
Ryan Cleven said that the reason for existence of opt-out is because PC has more configurability and more cheaters. Twitch clip
Console players cannot increase FoV or framerate. Higher framerate and vsync off allows for higher upload tickrate and less input lag.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
They allow M+KB on console now, so that's not it. Any advantage you get from different input is incorporated into your skill rating(MMR). If you start playing better, you'll get better opponents.
Ryan Cleven said that the reason for existence of opt-out is because PC has more configurability and more cheaters. Twitch clip
Console players cannot increase FoV or framerate. Higher framerate and vsync off allows for higher upload tickrate and less input lag.
Even with the FoV and higher framerate it's a minimal advantage over console.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I have downloaded the Xbox One version - can anyone explain why I can't download the game on WinStore? It says "Play Anywhere" but "Install" button is greyed out.