• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SpinlyLimbs

Banned
Feb 1, 2018
-River
-Garden
-Escalation
-Bullet Marsh
-Change the Chainsaw system so you can choose where the saw goes once you get an enemy with it. Kinda like drawing with a chainsaw
-Bring back announcers
-More maps with interactables and gimmicks
-Fix the lootbox system. I hate having to grind so much shit just for a random chance. Just let me buy the thing I want if it has to stay, or get rid of it and return to Gears 3 style
-Bring back the Digger
-Bring back Overrun
-Make melee weapons actually fun instead of something you kill someone with as a humiliation
-New interesting game modes. Something like Dominion from Halo 4 would be awesome

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I am 99% sure the crate system will not be in Gears 5. I mean i think they still did a great job with post launch support and the crate system wasnt bad. But we are now more in a place of free post launch and with skins etc you can directly buy. MS is going that way also. And Gears 5 will do that also.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
- shots come from center screen
- Player Match
- CoG and Locust (fuck the Swarm and DBs) team announcers.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Gears 4 does feel good to play.

Epic always tried to counter the Gnasher but also seemed to love it. Honestly it's beyond time to fully embrace it. It's the most fun part of the game.

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
I really hope gears 5 on PC is active. Now with game pass, I can easily get my friends in on this game but honest to god it was impossible finding a game for gears 4 on PC on any playlist that wasn't TDM.

OT: I agree, one weapon balance and cater it for competitive play. Non competitive players rarely notice the difference anyways.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Gears 4 does feel good to play.

Epic always tried to counter the Gnasher but also seemed to love it. Honestly it's beyond time to fully embrace it. It's the most fun part of the game.
The Coalition gets it I think. They took out the Hammerburst at least. I know it's hard for devs to read stuff about people getting scared away by Gnasher fiends, but if you try to rebalance the whole thing you end up with a boring ass online shooter.

Called Gears of War: Judgment

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Removing cover and gnasher from gears is like removing the BR and Shields from Halo.

Stop trying to change the heart of the game.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I want the post game announcers back. Tell me I'm a piece of shit for losing.

"I want you to think about your mother and your father and little Suuuuuuuuuuuuzy back home and all the other people counting on you."

The Coalition gets it I think. They took out the Hammerburst at least. I know it's hard for devs to read stuff about people getting scared away by Gnasher fiends, but if you try to rebalance the whole thing you end up with a boring ass online shooter.

Called Gears of War: Judgment

I think they got rid of stopping power too which was nice. The retro was supposed to be the hard counter, it was fun as hell to use.

FUNKNOWN iXi

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
-River
-Garden
-Escalation
-Bullet Marsh
-Change the Chainsaw system so you can choose where the saw goes once you get an enemy with it. Kinda like drawing with a chainsaw
-Bring back announcers
-More maps with interactables and gimmicks
-Fix the lootbox system. I hate having to grind so much shit just for a random chance. Just let me buy the thing I want if it has to stay, or get rid of it and return to Gears 3 style
-Bring back the Digger
-Bring back Overrun
-Make melee weapons actually fun instead of something you kill someone with as a humiliation
-New interesting game modes. Something like Dominion from Halo 4 would be awesome
Yeah, you know what's up. Fookin top tier suggestions all around m8.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What sucked most about the loot boxes is that they let them impact the gameplay. The Horde mode skills were dependent on you getting the dumb skill cards out of the loot boxes and that system sucks. The ONE thing you don't want microtransactions impacting is the gameplay. Do not fuck with the gameplay!

Also, trying to say that you don't need those skills and they are optional (as was the early messaging) is either dishonest or ignorant. The mode has like 8 possible matchmaking queues you can put yourself into which has really split up the player base, and it makes it really hard for new players to jump in and play with veterans unless the veterans are willing to "slum it" in the lower difficulties, but there is no real incentive for them to do so because the XP is garbage at that level. Just balance the damn game and minimize the playlist so everyone plays together. No more casual through insane and then adding two more levels of insane and then adding shorter waves and special events and whatnot. Its out of control. Keep the players together and find a way to make it so that SKILL is the only thing creating a gap between newcomers and veterans.

Also, for the love of God let players join Horde matches in progress without a special invitation. Having people quit before you even get to Wave 10 ruined so many games for me, it was an epidemic. We should also get to choose the map we play on because having new maps introduced and then having matchmaking put you on one of the launch maps was a guaranteed way to waste 5-10 minutes of everyone's time since most people would just quit and try again for the new map.

Man, I could go on but I feel nobody is reading so why bother. I've said all this on the official Gears forums so many times and I have seen it echoed by countless others. I really hope The Coalition was paying attention and taking it seriously, but I know that in general nobody thinks fans are ever right about anything. Really though, ignore us on suggestions about story or setting or whatever, but when it comes to function and user experience, that's when you guys gotta take notes. We know what we are talking about!

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Increase the fluidity just a tad. I get that it's still based on COGs as almost mini-mech-like soldiers, all brawn and grunt and thus are fairly hefty, but I feel like a little more freedom in the movement could be cool. I know really good players can pinball about like mad and that, but that feels like a way around the clunk.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Universal tuning, better cosmetic system, and have more good maps in at launch. You don't need to hold back so many remakes just to slap a different paint job on them.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
-I personally want the sawed-off to come back. It was so satisfying to use and felt pretty fair (Much longer reload time and had to be really close) compared to the Gnasher
-Agree with the sorcher making a comeback as well. It was a pretty fun weapon that had the best death animations
-I want the Mansion map to comeback. I really missed that one. I think it's a given that gridlock will come back
-I'd also want some form of customizable Executions. Like there's possibly like 5 types of executions for a torque bow for example and you can select one that you want the most. Possibly earn them as you level up kind of like 3, but more fleshed out.
-I personally was satisfied with how the lootboxes were handled in 4. Basically just rip it from 4 into 5 and I'd be fine with that. Possibly some super rare executions exclusive to lootboxes(but still earnable by saving up enough in game currency) or something like that would be awesome.

Last edited:

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
bring back Mansion
Also, competitive gears needs more than just Escalation.
I don't see why gears cannot have multiple game modes like Halo for competitive play.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want some form of destruction. Rainbow Six Siege - lite.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
They NEED announcers for the COG/Locust(Swarm) after multiplayer rounds. Gears 4 multi felt so stale and lifeless. We need more voice clips for multiplayer characters. Also sweet jesus the maps. For a series with as many memorable maps as Gears, 4 had not a single one. Maybe Reclaimed, but that is it. They really need to rethink the map design and especially the aesthetics. If they are going to keep remaking old maps, I hope they look to Gears 1 and 2. River and Mansion are well past due for some love.

Totally agree. When I think of it, all of my favorite maps are ones from the previous games. I do miss the announcers too. Voice clips felt roughly the same as other titles, but would definitely welcome them talking more than they usually did.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I was waiting for you to post lmfao

I'm a simple man. I'll always be a purist and enjoy Gears 1 the most, despite its flaws.

What kind of madman likes center screen aim? You want backpacking to come back too?

I think the only good thing that could come from that is no more corner sniping.

It's more consistent. Getting back packed was pretty infrequent, but also hilarious. It's one of those "bullshit" moments that makes the game fun, without being totally broken.

Deleted member 2913

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a simple man. I'll always be a purist and enjoy Gears 1 the most, despite its flaws.

It's more consistent. Getting back packed was pretty infrequent, but also hilarious. It's one of those "bullshit" moments that makes the game fun, without being totally broken.
Pretty much. I didn't really mind the backpacking at all really, it's one of those things I thought if you got me with it, I'm just trash, like you said, it didn't happen often if at all.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
Make the goddamn game work over streaming on my PC because for the life of me Gears 4 will not play correctly.

OP
OP
Silky

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Gonna bump this with some updated news about Gears 5 MP and how content will work / what's going on with Gears 4 MP

• 4 is being sunsetted, and everything beyond the Black Steel skins is now 100% unlockable, and craftable instead of RNG rolling through packs.
  • None of that content will transfer over to Gears 5 lol, but they're doing events in 4 that allow you to unlock characters early on into Gears 5. Currently the one going on right now is for Gilded RAAM.
It's kinda bittersweet knowing the shit you've earned / bought in 4 won't return to 5 but I hope they do something about the awful ass content grind.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I still haven't replaced my Xbox One since last October... :(

I do want to get Gears 5, out of some strange obligation to the series. Gears 4 was alright, but they fucked with weapon tuning a bit too frequently. I do admire the dedication and support though.

The maps, however, were just awful. Besides Diner, not one of any Gears 4's maps are worth bringing back in 5. Horde kinda fucked things up because every map has to accommodate various enemies and defensive units. Since Gears 2, a lot of maps have areas that are far too open that don't lend themselves to CQC.