• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
Had to do a double take when, after first scrolling past this title, I read it as "F. Scott Fitzgerald."

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember hearing a film was going to be made all the way back in 2007 before Halo 3 came out even.

ImaginaShawn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope this is an origin story starting from the pendulum wars, I never read the books, and the games did not do a great job of explaining the history.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
They always get these bottom tier writers for video game movies and then studios wonder why they bomb. It's hilarious.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
In some ways this is exactly what a live action Gears movie at this point deserves.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this is an origin story starting from the pendulum wars, I never read the books, and the games did not do a great job of explaining the history.

This is the summary that's been going around with the news.

On the planet Sera, a former P.O.W. is civilization's best hope in their fight against the Locust Horde, a race of creatures who emerged from underneath the planet's surface, intent on eliminating humankind.

Might be from the Len Wiseman version of the film from a decade ago though.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I have seen Return of Xander Cage.

Don't watch Return of Xander Cage.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
They always get these bottom tier writers for video game movies and then studios wonder why they bomb. It's hilarious.

Wait until Detective Pikachu does extremely well. We'll be getting video game movies for every single IP under the sun.

Street Fighter Extended Universe
Bomberman: Origins
Skyrim: Trial of the Elder Scrolls

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
xXx: Return of Xander Cage is a cinematic masterpiece and that OTT tone could do wonders for a buddy action movie with the GoW license

Suck it haters I am IN!

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh at this point games look so good I would rather play them for whatever story they might have. That was certainly the case with the last tomb raider movie. It was a fine movie and I enjoyed it but I would rather have just played the game.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wait until Detective Pikachu does extremely well. We'll be getting video game movies for every single IP under the sun.

Street Fighter Extended Universe
Bomberman: Origins
Skyrim: Trial of the Elder Scrolls

Detective Pikachu actually has good writers though

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Are the actors going to wear prosthetics to look freakishly large?

Zeel

Oct 27, 2017
That xXx movie was literally one of the worst I have seen in my life, I had to cringe at every line of dialogue and just about every scene in the movie, it was really painful.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
With this writer. They'll need to really play up the schlock for this film.
You definitely aren't going to get a gritty R-rated serious film from this.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tbh at this point games look so good I would rather play them for whatever story they might have. That was certainly the case with the last tomb raider movie. It was a fine movie and I enjoyed it but I would rather have just played the game.
Yeah, this honestly. The Gears games are great (4's campaign was stellar) and I don't see a need for a movie if they can't do better than the guy who wrote some straight to video sequel to one of Vin Diesel's crappier movies.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Ehhhhh. I don't have a problem a dumb, over-the-top action depiction of Gears of War, but there are far better choices.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not even Gears deserves this.

Augustus Gibbons: Let me simplify it for you. Kick some ass, get the girl, and try to look dope while you do it.
Xander Cage: I could definitely make that work