• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Really looking forward to this. Going to be my first of this genre and I'm a gears fan

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
From the PC Gamer Preview: "It feels much more than just X-com with a Gears skin thrown over the top". Great to hear, looking forward to this.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I'm more excited about this game than I was for Gears 5...and I very much enjoyed Gears 5. Really like how they're carving their own niche in the genre.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Want to get this, but at the same time don't wanna get burnt out on turn based strategy games with Wasteland 3 right around the corner

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Will the Windows version have controller support? I'm assuming no since there isn't a simultaneous Xbox release.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Really promising previews! Hopefully, it's a ForzaHorizon-like situation where a third-party comes in and does something pretty damn good with the IP that catches most people off-guard.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The PC GAMER preview really sold me on this game

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Excited to give this a try. Playing as Kait's dad should prove interesting for the story.

johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
from wcentral
gears-tactics-new-march-20209.jpg

this i like to see

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my gosh, I was already intrigued by Gears Tactics before, but now I need this in my gaming life NOW! I have dabbled in strategy games a little before with mixed feelings, and it sounds like they have nailed everything to make me excited for it. Wow.

Deer

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
Is it my youtube, or does it look really choppy? Or just the opposite of smooth? Is it running at 20 fps?

Seems fun, but it just looks really off to me.

I like the idea of an XCOM-style game with less meta-game and more story

Last edited:

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
i actually completely forgot this game was coming out, but looking at these previews i'm in. way more interested in this than the mainline series at this point

Stallion Free

Oct 29, 2017
Man I loved Mario + Rabbids so that is great to hear. I love the core gameplay loop of Xcom battles so I'm more than fine with the focus on that and dropping the base management.

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a pretty novel way to incorporate Gears signature executions into the game.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'm looking forward to this. I have never played any tactics games, but I love Gears and with Gamepass the barrier to entry is so low that I will certainly be checking it out! Who knows, it might make me interested in playing more tactics type games.

Aug 26, 2018
Looks amazing, doesn't just seem like a clone of Xcom.

I bit worried about the 60$ price point, a 40$ would have been a better option especially since it doesn't have Mulitplayer. But the 40+ Hr Campaign & the way cutscenes look might justify that price point.

ACellarDoor

Mar 4, 2019
The previews are excellent. They seem to have given good thought to it and built a game which is fun to play and manage.