• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Babylon's Fall
Gematsu: Let's get this one out of the way at the start. What's going on with Babylon's Fall?

Atsushi Inaba:
"I'm sorry, but it's up to the publisher to release any news. So if you could wait a little more, I'd appreciate it. But development has been going well so far."

Ah, is that so? I think some were worried it may have been cancelled.

Inaba:
"(Laughs.) No, its going smoothly. I can assure you that it's shaping up well."

Collaborating with Sony
We've seen Platinum do extensive collaborations with Nintendo, and even tried a go with Microsoft. Would you consider Sony as a partner as well?

Inaba:
"Oh, we really want to. You guys should go tell the folks at Sony so collaborate with us."

You heard them, Sony… Platinum Games is of course famous for its action games. Have you ever considered tackling other genres?

Takahisa Taura:
"We'd like to. (Laughs.) Yes, we are known for our action games and we know we're good at them, but that doesn't mean there won't be any other genre games from us in the future. If there's an opportunity, certainly."

Bayonetta 3
Can you say anything about Bayonetta 3, like who the director may be?

Inaba:
"(Looks at Taura.) What do you think?"

Taura: "Don't ask me! (Laughs.)"

Inaba: "Sorry, again we can't share anything. Although I can assure you, development is going smoothly. So please wait for further updates."

Indie projects
Given that we're at BitSummit, does Platinum Games have any plans to release smaller, indie-esque titles, perhaps assigning directional roles to younger staff on those projects?

Inaba:
"Yes there are plans. And actually we want to showcase them here. Although they're still not ready and unfortunately we can't say anything yet. But we do have the plans and ambition for it."

There's a lot more in the link. It's a solid interview.

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
You've previously brought up the possibility of bringing The Wonderful 101 to Switch. What do fans need to do to make it happen?

Inaba:
"Yeah, I think I said that on multiple occasions. And I'm glad that I did. So if you could be patient with it, that'll be great."

giphy.gif

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Glad to hear Babylon's Fall is still happening. Wondering if it shows up at Square's conference

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
How's the development of this game Mr. Platinum.
- Ah, yes yes, it's going smoothly.

What about that other game with no director.
- Ah that one, yes, smooth af son.

And that game?
- Yes yes, definitely smooth.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People thought Babylon's Fall was cancelled just because it hasn't been shown again since last E3? Lol that's pretty normal for a ton of games.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I blame myself for preparing a bunch of questions around games with publishers and not putting together that they wouldn't be able to say anything because publishers.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I blame myself for preparing a bunch of questions around games with publishers and not putting together that they wouldn't be able to say anything because publishers.

I appreciate the Granblue question at least- if nothing else it puts to rest all that silly overreaction from people just because the logo is removed.

...Probably.

Oct 25, 2017
Pleeeease Wonderful 101 Switch
Please please please please.
If I can't get Red in Smash, then at least do this.

Is it weird that I'm looking forward more to Babylon's Fall than the FFVII remake? All that's going to bring is internet rage...

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Some of their answers are pretty funny. It's like "Sorry we cannot answer anything at this time regarding that. next question". Especially the Bayonetta 3, no answer-answer

Donsonite

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Is it just me or does that W101 response sound more promising than anything else they've ever said about it?

Usually it's "we'd love to do that if we got the chance" or "ask Nintendo", now it's I'm glad I brought it up all of those times and be patient?

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
Dear Jesus, Santa, Mufasa, Buddha, and Captain America.

If I am a good boy this year will you promise to release Bayonetta 3 footage and port The Wonderful 101 to the Nintendo Switch?

If you give us The Wonderful 102 I promise to be even more good.

Love, Simba.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
That's a very politically correct answer about Sony. Of course they're going to say "we'd love to work with them!" They still need PS4s to sell games

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or does that W101 response sound more promising than anything else they've ever said about it?

Usually it's "we'd love to do that if we got the chance" or "ask Nintendo", now it's I'm glad I brought it up all of those times and be patient?
The hint is a giant runway

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Forgive my ignorance but what were they even doing at Bitsummit? They've never released an indie game and they're not willing to talk about anything they're currently working on, so why do press at all?

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
W101 remastered with more than half of the shitty gimmicky levels/segments removed will be a day one purchase for me.

lovecatt

Nov 12, 2017
I bet W101 port has been ready for years & they've just been sitting on it waiting for Nintendo to pull the trigger like the Prime Trilogy

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Confused about the quote about sony & collaborating...

Isn't Babylon's fall exactly that?
It's only on PS4/Steam.

it's not a collaboration?
I had assumed it was a collaboration of some sort since it wasn't on xbox. I dunno.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
Confused about the quote about sony & collaborating...

Isn't Babylon's fall exactly that?
It's only on PS4/Steam.

it's not a collaboration?
I had assumed it was a collaboration of some sort since it wasn't on xbox. I dunno.
They're referring to the possibility of P* developing a game that Sony publishes. Babylon's Fall is published by SE.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
With astral chain releasing in few months, I totally expect bayometta 3 to be a 2020 game

Would be neat to see them make for w101 what they did for bayonetta. Tga w101 remaster and w102 teaser