• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
www.gematsu.com

Rumor: Konami developing Castlevania, Metal Gear Solid, and Silent Hill revivals

Konami is developing revivals of its Castlevania, Metal Gear Solid, and Silent Hill franchises, according to a VGC report citing unnamed publishing sources.

Gematsu has also heard that a new Silent Hill is in development at a prominent Japanese developer. That studio is Kojima Productions, according to a publishing source that wishes to remain anonymous, who also said that the game is funded by Sony Interactive Entertainment.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
kinda seems like they should have put kojima productions on the metal gear solid project

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I want off the ride.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
sloppy-steaks-slop-em-up.gif

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
I would have assumed that the vitriol and spite Konami has would have outlived Kojima, but people say "money is money."

If it follows the P.T. path and Sony is footing the bill, it seems like a win for Konami on that front.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
This went from Kojima and Konami is doing a Silent Hills revival to 'actually that was scrapped but there is a soft reboot from Sony Japan' to 'actually that was scrapped too but there is a game coming from a prominent Japanese developer' to 'actually that prominent developer is Kojima.'

This just feels like the same rumor from the beginning but someone is latching onto it since this new report from VGC, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.