• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1098148015636922369?s=21
Just saw this.

Possible Ground Zeroes type situation incoming?

For context, this is one of the two major games coming from Cygames. The other being a Granblue Fantasy JRPG with fast paced action.

Project Awakening was shown at Sony's conference preceding TGS 2018. And as far as I know, Project Awakening was not far along at all at the time of announcement despite being announced as a PS4 game.

Last edited:

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
That would make a lot of sense, given Platinum is no longer working on that. Get something out so that more dev time can be had.

that was a false post, my apologies

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly thought this was going to be a next gen game, am I the only one?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1098148015636922369?s=21
Just saw this.

Possible Ground Zeroes type situation incoming?

For context, this is one of the two major games coming from Cygames. The other being a Granblue Fantasy JRPG with fast paced action.

Project Awakening was shown at Sony's conference preceding TGS 2018. And as far as I know, Project Awakening was not far along at all at the time of announcement despite being announced as a PS4 game.
It was first announced with a teaser trailer shown to press in August 2016 (attached below), so iunno, it could be decently far along?

Very Haibane Renmei-ish there.

OP
OP
Viceratops

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
It was first announced with a teaser trailer shown to press in August 2016 (attached below), so iunno, it could be decently far along?

I can't find the citation, it might have been in an earnings call or something, but not long before it was shown pre-TGS, it was stated to be "1% complete" whatever that means.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I can't find the citation, it might have been in an earnings call or something, but not long before it was shown pre-TGS, it was stated to be "1% complete" whatever that means.
Doesn't sound right >.< Like, conceivably content-wise, but they've been working on the engine and concept since 2015.

What confuses me about the possibility of a demo is that the outlets who were shown the minute or so gameplay video described it as "a step above a lot of current-gen games." What we saw in the TGS trailer is probably the same thing, and it definitely looked like something that would kill base PS4 >.<

OP
OP
Viceratops

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Personally, I never believed it was a PS4 game either. But a condensed version of the game or a demo certainly could be on current gen systems.

It probably is a test run to see how they want to develop the rest of the game.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I honestly thought this was going to be a next gen game, am I the only one?
If the reveal gameplay is true, then is hard for me to belive this is a PS4 game.
j5hdcho4asn11.gif