• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah, Compilation Part 2. Count me in.

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
Calling something FFVII related 'EC' would be pretty significant with the general naming scheme of the Compilation. I hope that in particular isn't just some small thing.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
EC is definitely a canon sequel/spin-off.

Advent Children
Before Crisis
Crisis Core
Dirge of Cerberus
Ever Crisis

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Following that weird *C naming where * is alphebetical
Advent Children
Before Crisis
Crisis Core
Dirge of Cerberus
Ever Crisis

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Oh no, please don't ruin FF7 all over again with more garbo compilation material. We only just started to get away from all that! 😓
If done well, I'm fine with it.

The original complication stuff was very low quality. Now it seems Nomura and Kitase are babying it.

Looks like SE wants to mine extra cash while Part 2 is cooking.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
This is all pretty intriguing and the world of FFVII is kinda dense enough for compilation stuff to work. It's just most of the last attempt was... iffy. 90% of Crisis Core was good tho and Advent Children was a wild ride, if nothing else.

I wouldn't expect games from either of them though, personally. As much as I'd love a more mid-range Switch-focused spin-off.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
If done well, I'm fine with it.

The original complication stuff was very low quality.

Looks like SE wants to mine extra cash while Part 2 is cooking.
Yes, of course. This is truthfully the right attitude to have.

However I question the kind of quality this material will achieve considering the legacy of low quality content we've had until now. I would love to be surprised, I just won't be looking forward to this.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
There are few things I want less than more hamfisted Shinra backstory. Crisis Core trying to sanitize SOLDIER was already weird enough.

Oct 27, 2017
I can't of any of series where a single iteration has been milked so much. Not even Street Fighter 2 with its numerous re-releases or the constant Kanto pandering in Pokemon (which isn't even of the region and its characters, just its pokemon)

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I wasn't expecting them putting in a new compilation so soon (well, trademarking it). S-E, unlike with anything in the first Compilation, nailed the tone, designs and interactions in the remake, so there's that.

But I can't be excited about this having that precedent and certain new stuff they tried with VII Remake that was I just found stupid, pandering and unrestraint to a fault.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
as long as it's as good as Crisis Core and not nearly as terrible as Dirge, then I will be happy

also delete Genesis from existence, because fuck that no talent hack Gacht

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
AmazingWetAquaticleech-size_restricted.gif

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, of course. This is truthfully the right attitude to have.

However I question the kind of quality this material will achieve considering the legacy of low quality content we've had until now. I would love to be surprised, I just won't be looking forward to this.
FF7 Remake is incredible, so maybe a second Compilation would have a similar caliber of well-written and heartfelt characters

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
No we didn't

FFVIIR is literally a compilation game pretending its a remake
VIIR (so far) takes positive elements of the compilation and excludes stuff that sucks. For example, Aerith having a good relationship with the children in her sector is a good Crisis Core carryover. It takes positive qualities from the expanded canon and starts a new story with all that in mind. I think this was a smart idea because it allows them to refine the story with what worked and what didn't.

The final direction of the remake remains to be seen, but right now the remake inspires a confidence that the original compilation did not.

FF7 Remake is incredible, so maybe a second Compilation would have a similar caliber of well-written and heartfelt characters

I love the remake very very much, so if the expanded content is comparable in any way I will be satisfied.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
So is there any indication of what this is? I've been feeling like FFVII Remake won't get a "Part II", but rather a new subtitle. FFVII: Ever Crisis" is just so extremely SE that I feel like I have to believe it.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Compilation was awful but Remake was good, so I don't know what to think about this announcement. Hopefully less of the former and more of the latter.