• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
The mechs early on remind me of the ones from Future Cop LAPRD
future-cop-l-a-p-d_574827_full.jpg

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Happy to see Monica Rial with a featured role in this cast of top-shelf celebs.
May have to scope out an episode or two and see what all of the fuss is about.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. It really is the entire stacked voice cast vs Blaine, which is hilarious.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
The dog fight in the first episode was fantastic

Edit: woof, episode 2. Just woof

Last edited:

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And suddenly my thoughts on RWBY getting harmed by Gen:LOCK's huge budget suddenly come back again. I am worried yet again.
Like I said in the RWBY thread Volume 6 has been the best the show has ever been and that was being worked on while this was being made. RWBY was being worked on while they've had other shows before. Even if gen:LOCK really takes of RWBY is still one of their most popular franchises. I don't think we need to worry about it being mistreated.

RWBY didn't stop Red vs Blue.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Well I thought this was cool, I liked the combat and action scenes. The story itself has a nice strong hook to it and I am definitely invested.

I felt the dialogue was a little stilted in places though, actors themselves were fine however. Animation could be a bit more expressive, the characters expressions sometimes don't match the emotions of the actors sometimes.

Can't really go into further detail 'cause spoilers, but I liked what I saw. Hopefully some of the roughness can be corrected in later on.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Well I thought this was cool, I liked the combat and action scenes. The story itself has a nice strong hook to it and I am definitely invested.

I felt the dialogue was a little stilted in places though, actors themselves were fine however. Animation could be a bit more expressive, the characters expressions sometimes don't match the emotions of the actors sometimes.

Can't really go into further detail 'cause spoilers, but I liked what I saw. Hopefully some of the roughness can be corrected in later on.
Yeah i felt Episode 2 was a lot stronger then Episode 1.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
Just finished the two episodes and they were both pretty good. Action scenes are dope. Voice acting is great (though Blane sticks out like a sore thumb). Dialogue is okay. I'll stick with it unless there's some dramatic quality fall off since there is a distinct lack of sci-fi anime atm.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Chad James's character sounds...just like Chad James i mean i really like Chad James but he should have really had the character's voice more distinctive and i know he can do that (see Boomstick from DEATH BATTLE) but this incase it's his exact voice

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Chad James's character sounds...just like Chad James i mean i really like Chad James but he should have really had the character's voice more distinctive and i know he can do that (see Boomstick from DEATH BATTLE) but this incase it's his exact voice

I kind of like that he's using his own voice. It isn't a show that calls for over the top, cartoony voices, and it's nice to see that he's just as at home using his more subtle acting muscles as he is doing "Sarge on steroids."

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the decision of basically making
Chase a corpse in a tank. It's strange to have the main character of show be stuck in an incubation chamber most of the time. He'll probably get robot limbs down the line, but probably not for a while.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Chase a corpse in a tank. It's strange to have the main character of show be stuck in an incubation chamber most of the time. He'll probably get robot limbs down the line, but probably not for a while.

Sinclair almost looked like a white version of Chase (probably just due to similar frame and regulation haircuts), which made me think "Hey look- a spare body"

OP
OP
TheChungusAmongUs
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, its actually pretty interesting that the main hero is unable to move himself

Slatsunus

Nov 2, 2017
Having Maise Williams and using her first line to drop a Scottish accented "Fucking" is the quality I wanted

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I'm only now realizing that the green mech is making bunny ears in the trailer lol.

stone616

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I was kinda meh on the first episode but the second won me over. I'll be watching this. Probably weekly which is much more than I can say for RWBY which I only watch in batches every 2-3 weeks.

marimo

Oct 25, 2017
Checked this out today and it was honestly better than I was expecting. Episode 2 was an improvement over 1.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
I've only watched the first episode but this is seriously legitimately good, and not just "good for an independent studio". The emotional heft of the Pilot rests on the relationship between Chase and Miranda Worth, which the script needed to sell in a very brief period of time before Chase "dies" in the opening battle. And they nailed it, IMO.

Also, forget the mechs. Those interceptor designs were cool as fuck and I honestly want to follow them around instead of some Gundams.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So I just got around to watching this and I have to say; Damn, that was pretty good. I'm not usually into Mecha, but this was legitimately good. Will definately be continuing to watch it

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the first 2 episodes. I'm enjoying it. The animation is really stiff most of the time, but the hand to hand combat is well done. Really liking the characters so far as well. My main complaint right now though is there isn't enough set up for the war. Perhaps they sort of glazed over it in the beginning and I missed it, but I have no idea what the Union is, what they want, where they come from, or even where the war stands at the moment. That detracts a lot from the story telling right now since I don't know what the stakes are and it makes the villains more Saturday morning cartoony than they need to be.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My biggest complaint is we really don't have a "face" for our villains. There just a bunch of stormtrooper dudes and we don't even have a Vader or Char or whoever.

This could change soon but still odd to make our main threat feel so robotic.

Maybe that's the point I don't know.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really digging this from the first two episodes. IT really feels liek a step above what they've done before.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
My biggest complaint is we really don't have a "face" for our villains. There just a bunch of stormtrooper dudes and we don't even have a Vader or Char or whoever.

I was thinking they're humans brainwashed by some malevolent AI.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the show stays focused mainly on the character interactions, I like the show so far, but giant mech stuff does absolutely nothing for me. Maybe I missed it but I don't think they ever mentioned whether Chases family managed to survive or not.

OP
OP
TheChungusAmongUs
Oct 25, 2017

I am of two minds with this. I think right now, they need to flesh out their main cast. ATM Chase and Miranda are the most fleshed out, but they have put some hints of Madrani considering we now know she was formerly from the Union.

But they can't exactly constantly keep the union as a mystery.

I wonder how they formatted this show for release. Considering the fact these are big name actors, I am questioning whether or not Gen: Lock will get a season 2.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I am of two minds with this. I think right now, they need to flesh out their main cast. ATM Chase and Miranda are the most fleshed out, but they have put some hints of Madrani considering we now know she was formerly from the Union.

But they can't exactly constantly keep the union as a mystery.

I wonder how they formatted this show for release. Considering the fact these are big name actors, I am questioning whether or not Gen: Lock will get a season 2.

Well, just because they have a lot of big name actors doesn't mean they are paying AAA rates. Because from what we have heard, the biggest actors were gotten through a "pie in the sky" request thinking they wouldn't get them, getting them because they liked the script. With the rest of the big name actors being dragged along because they were sold on the idea by their friends in that big actor group. So it could be that they got a really good deal.

Plus, it's also being partially funded by Michael B Jordan's production company.

As for the bad guys. Knowing how Roosterteeth likes to organize their shows (RvB and RWBY). They'll spend a bit of time really fleshing out the protagonists, to the detriment of the bad guys. But then when the time is right, they'll immediately switch gears and drown you with information on the other side and lines will start to get blurry.