• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
TheChungusAmongUs
Oct 25, 2017

Holy shit.

The reason there is a 4 year time skip for Gen Lock after Chase dies is because its been 4 years since Monty Oum (Creator of RWBY) passed away.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I actually really like all the new trio. Val is probably my favorite but kazu and cammie are great too.

The only uncertainty I have is with Chase. But that's mostly cause I'm not sure of they're intentionally making him selfish and petty.

If they are, good job. If not... ehhh. Im leaning towards yes though.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really liking the show so far. The main cast is great, but Val is definitely my favorite.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched episode 3, definately better than 1 and 2. Cast feels like they have a pretty good chemistry with each other.

OP
OP
TheChungusAmongUs
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, one of the best things about this show is it's soundtrack.

Never heard of Battle Tapes before, but this track was great this episode

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
This is still staying strong. The characterization is very strong and differentiated, and I love that they didn't shy away from seeing the aftermath of Spy Sinclair's attack including its human cost.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a big fan of 3D anime but MBJ is awesome, so I'll give it a go.

DragonKeeper

Nov 14, 2017
The only uncertainty I have is with Chase. But that's mostly cause I'm not sure of they're intentionally making him selfish and petty.

What? I'd describe him as reserved but....you're going to have to explain your take. Does not compute.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cammie's Holon emotes are amazing.

NextNauticalGrayfox.gif

CalmIdioticHarpyeagle.gif

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
What? I'd describe him as reserved but....you're going to have to explain your take. Does not compute.

Breaking formation
Ignoring orders
Evesdropping
Using auto assist to impress
Purposfully styling on Jodie

There's a lot of little things he does.

He's definitely reserved, but one can be reserved and still selfish.

DragonKeeper

Nov 14, 2017
Breaking formation
Ignoring orders
Evesdropping
Using auto assist to impress
Purposfully styling on Jodie

There's a lot of little things he does.

He's definitely reserved, but one can be reserved and still selfish.

Breaking formation, Ignoring orders - concern fear and self sacrifice

Evesdropping - she wouldn't talk to him directly, can't blame him for trying to get a read on her, but also just narrative set up for drama

Using auto assist to impress - a joke, obviously he knew he wasn't fooling anyone/ "show off the cool mach" shenanigans

Purposfully styling on Jodie - doubt it meant anything but we'll see. Seemed like more "show off the cool mech" shenanigans to me.

...was my take on all of that. I'll give more credit for subtle character craft to the writers when they prove it to me.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
I'm really liking this show but the "lover acts bitchy and confrontational after finding out that their partner has been alive all along" trope is pretty ehhhhh.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty good.
I actually really like all the new trio. Val is probably my favorite but kazu and cammie are great too.

They've done a really great job with him and the drama. We can believe that Chase is human. Actually, because he's human, the Dr. was worried about him interfacing back with his old comrades even if he didn't show it. That quiet thank you to the mechanic says a lot more. I'm really digging the writing in this show.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Observations form the 479th viewing of the intro: Valentina's Holon is the only one with a butt.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
speaking of the opening... is there a reason why Miranda Worth doesn't get her voice actress properly credited during the opening, while a number of far less important characters do?

she is mentioned while Chase is on screen, but basically everyone else has the voice actor cut to the character and be posted next to them.

aka
CaKRUsGl.jpg

YKs6VF7l.jpg

dyXSvOUl.png

vs

30voywAl.jpg

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
speaking of the opening... is there a reason why Miranda Worth doesn't get her voice actress properly credited during the opening, while a number of far less important characters do?

she is mentioned while Chase is on screen, but basically everyone else has the voice actor cut to the character and be posted next to them.

aka
CaKRUsGl.jpg

YKs6VF7l.jpg

dyXSvOUl.png

vs

30voywAl.jpg
I think it might be a union thing. Considering a lot of the voice actors are part of the actors guild.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I think it might be a union thing. Considering a lot of the voice actors are part of the actors guild.
That was my initial guess as well, but typically when it's a union thing their names aren't credited at all in the credits, and yet her name is in the opening just not next to her character o.O

OP
OP
TheChungusAmongUs
Oct 25, 2017
That was my initial guess as well, but typically when it's a union thing their names aren't credited at all in the credits, and yet her name is in the opening just not next to her character o.O

I think it might have to do with how the OP is structured. Miranda only appears briefly in it (which is strange considering the camera lingers longer on Sinclair who is seemingly a one episode only character)

With that limited time, Dakota Fannings name probably wouldn't have been on for long if they put it besides her appearance in the opening

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Since this is a union thing, all the credits have to appear in a certain order (usually by billing). Since there is not much they can do about it I guess they felt this intro was more stylistic, despite her name being out of place.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I think it might have to do with how the OP is structured. Miranda only appears briefly in it (which is strange considering the camera lingers longer on Sinclair who is seemingly a one episode only character)

With that limited time, Dakota Fannings name probably wouldn't have been on for long if they put it besides her appearance in the opening
They could have easily freed up a little time to have her on screen a bit longer if they wanted to. Or even heck... replaced one of these three with her
dyXSvOUl.png

Since this is a union thing, all the credits have to appear in a certain order (usually by billing). Since there is not much they can do about it I guess they felt this intro was more stylistic, despite her name being out of place.
So you are saying that most of the cast was billed higher than David Tennent? Actually looking again despite being in the middle Tennent seems to be the last actor credited which isn't that rare for one of the bigger names to be the last one as well.
It's just weird to me. Given her importance to Chase there isn't a great reason why they couldn't have shown her in the background or something during her name even if he was still on screen if they needed to bill her second.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
So you are saying that most of the cast was billed higher than David Tennent? Actually looking again despite being in the middle Tennent seems to be the last actor credited which isn't that rare for one of the bigger names to be the last one as well.
It's just weird to me. Given her importance to Chase there isn't a great reason why they couldn't have shown her in the background or something during her name even if he was still on screen if they needed to bill her second.
I'm oversimplifying a bit, but actor accreditation gets weirdly complicated. Its a complex ballet of the union and the agents the actors negotiate through. All for something most people don't actually think about.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'm oversimplifying a bit, but actor accreditation gets weirdly complicated. Its a complex ballet of the union and the agents the actors negotiate thorough. All for something most people don't actually think about.
Fair lol.
I know I'm an oddball and actually pays attention to such things.
Especially in shows like this I like to look up what certain voice actors have done before so I often just do it one at a time... the next episode I will pay attention and grab a name and look them up. I know I can just go to wiki sites and what not, but it's always been a habit I've had with voice work :P

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Fair lol.
I know I'm an oddball and actually pays attention to such things.
Especially in shows like this I like to look up what certain voice actors have done before so I often just do it one at a time... the next episode I will pay attention and grab a name and look them up. I know I can just go to wiki sites and what not, but it's always been a habit I've had with voice work :P
Lol, I wasn't trying to knock you for it. It's interesting stuff to learn about.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would bet the real Sinclair is very much not dead and will show up again at some point.

The Union is gonna need there own Evil Holon pilots after all
I'm actually betting on fake-Sinclair still being in the system (digital-only, his body being dead), and a future episode dealing with his hijacking a Holon and escaping to the Union (except he's crazy and fucked up because, ya know, he wasn't compatible, which explains that above-Holon's twitchy eye).

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually betting on fake-Sinclair still being in the system (digital-only, his body being dead), and a future episode dealing with his hijacking a Holon and escaping to the Union (except he's crazy and fucked up because, ya know, he wasn't compatible, which explains that above-Holon's twitchy eye).
there is an extra dark blue mech in episode 3 :P

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017

aka
CaKRUsGl.jpg

YKs6VF7l.jpg

dyXSvOUl.png

vs

30voywAl.jpg

Probably SAG rules requiring her to be second billed, but Miranda is the last character to appear in the intro.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017

aka
CaKRUsGl.jpg

YKs6VF7l.jpg

dyXSvOUl.png

vs

30voywAl.jpg

Considering how long he was in the show I'm also wondering why Blaine's character gets a place in the intro.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna bet that, given the throwaway line from the Doctor about Cloning that Fake Sinclair is a clone of the real Sinclair and the real one really did get flipped, with one of Fake Sinclair's objectives being to see if clones can use Gen Lock.