• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
HappyNewYear_2021_genDesign_BG_2K.png

Check out the 1 part. It's on their official site.
www.gendesign.co.jp

genDESIGN-Official-Site

ジェン・デザインは上田文人をはじめ、『ICO』『ワンダと巨像』の開発に携わり、リードしてきたスタッフが中心となって集まったスタジオです。genDESIGN is a studio comprised of Fumito Ueda and a team of veteran developers who led the creation of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Can't wait, Ueda directed games are really special.

Just hope they managed to find a good dev team since Japan Studio isn't involved anymore.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Let's not forget that this game is (partially?) funded by Epic Games, so expect at least a PC release at launch on EGS.

Last edited:

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait. SotC and TLG are two of my all time favorite games. Hopefully his departure from Sony can lead to a higher productivity.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
I'm in as long as it's more like SOTC and less like Ico and TLG.
Word. I could never bring myself to get more than 3 hours into Ico and ended up getting rid of it. TLG I at least stuck with longer and appreciated more, but never finished either.

LOVED SotC however. Not sure if it's possible in this day and age but it would be amazing to see another Ueda game try and tackle that sense of scale

OP
OP
--R

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
"Today, Epic Games is announcing a new multiplatform publishing effort with a developer-first approach. gen DESIGN (The Last Guardian), Playdead (Inside, Limbo), and Remedy Entertainment (Control) are the first partners to announce relationships with Epic Games Publishing."

It will not be PC only or EGS only.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like an empty land and some thing ancient. Ueda staple which I have no problem with.

Eden-prime

May 21, 2020
Looks interesting. Wonder how far along they make this game.. A teaser for it should be this year though imo.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Did they ever say who will make the game? GenDesign is intentionally just few dozen designers that work on story and concepts. The actual game production will be done by someone else.

So is Ueda involved or not? I thought he left Sony?
He already did during the The Last Guardian production. Ueda works in a small studio with core designers, while actual game production is done by external studios [Japan Studios made TLG under oversight of GenDesign].

Oct 27, 2017
Loved every Ueda game. I am hopeful it will be revealed this year and maybe a late 21 release or 22. It will be multi platform which is great for everyone, still shocked Sony let him go multi.

I know they made those 3 previous games but doesn't Sony own those IPs? I supposed it's not a big deal but wouldn't he have the license the use of those images on the card because they belong to Sony trademarks? Of course they may just not care and Sony probably doesn't since it's just a card

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Loved every Ueda game. I am hopeful it will be revealed this year and maybe a late 21 release or 22. It will be multi platform which is great for everyone, still shocked Sony let him go multi.

I know they made those 3 previous games but doesn't Sony own those IPs? I supposed it's not a big deal but wouldn't he have the license the use of those images on the card because they belong to Sony trademarks? Of course they may just not care and Sony probably doesn't since it's just a card
Look at the bottom left of the image. They show Sony's trademark/copyright