• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Or at least they do now.

Full view of Armored Mewtwo for the movie remake and maybe the new games?

D6mRsU9W4AERvpI.png

I searched for "Mewtwo" and got nothing. Warp Digivolve me if old.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I still don't understand why we need a Mewtwo movie remake.

...well, I kinda do know why. But why?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The only part of that which resembles Mewtwo are the feet. :/

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
For a second there, I thought his robotic fist was his face.

On topic though. I expect them to have a kick ass theme Ala Digimon when they armor digi...err....evolve!

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
That is by far the most Digimon-looking thing to ever come out of Pokemon, and it's from Gen 1. Ironic.

But some people are probably going to come in here and praise it for at least not being a trashbag or an ice cream cone.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
To be fair the manga adaptation of the movie shows that it serves the same purpose as the original armor and Mewtwo trashes it when escaping from Giovanni.

The actual movie might go a different route but so far it's shown to be a "bad design" in universe too so eh.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was going to be a snarky thread about Blastoise.

That said, the armor redesign is complex in an awful way.

I still don't understand why we need a Mewtwo movie remake.

...well, I kinda do know why. But why?
They wanted to do something special with the 20th Anniversary of the movie.

From what I heard, the reception of the trailer was more positive with Japanese fans than in many English-speaking fans.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Coming into this thread, I was ready to make a joke about Blastoise, but wow, that really does look like a Digimon.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly I would rather have them attempt a live action adaptation as atleast that would be a good trainwreck.

I don't see the point in redoing an animated movie in CG.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Ironic...genwunners could say every post gen 1 pokemon looks like a digimon...but couldn't protect their own from becoming one.

Mar 9, 2018
Sad. The Royal Knights have even taken hold of the Pokemon franchise. Do not blame ordinary Digimon for this. They are victims, too. If a Digimon doesn't look like a Michael Bay Transformer, they live in the shadows of the Digimon franchise sadly.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
this is what happens when you take the modern design aesthetics and try to meld them with the perfect classics, no bueno

Gearkeeper 8A

Oct 27, 2017
Well considering digimons now can look like moe girls, or echii genderbend versions of male digimon, it would be interesting if something doesn't look like digimon

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Why did they do this when the script will likely be a 1:1 copy of the first movie? Can't wait to see it for like five minutes?

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I legitimately couldn't tell what the head was. I thought the hand was like a robot head. Didn't read the post and was like "huh?" At the picture...

Mewtwo's original Armored Mewtwo form was much better. If only because it was much more simpler

Gengahrrr

Oct 25, 2017
It's just its redesigned containment armor, nothing more.

Giovanni's Rhydon is even shown destroying it in the manga adaption of the movie.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Isn't that just the containment armor, so not really part of the creature design if we are gonna split hairs?

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
Does this spoil the live action movie a bit? Or is that picture from another Pokemon movie I haven't seen?