• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
New digimon look like pokemon
9180-2017726758.jpg
This is what Pokemon US/UM's exclusive new Pokemon would have looked like if Latios and Latias caught on in place of Lucario

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Man I hate this design, hope it never touches the games.
The original armor was iconic, why ruin it?

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
It doesn't help that Vanillite/Trubbish aren't hated on their own, but as a reason to generalize why a generation blows as a whole.

Except thats not true at all, from the recent generations V is easily the one with the best reception with fans overall and specially older fans

It's perfectly possible and sensible to like gen V and still dislike the dumber designs like vanillite, trubbish and the disappointing starters

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Except thats not true at all, from the recent generations V is easily the one with the best reception with fans overall and specially older fans

It's perfectly possible and sensible to like gen V and still dislike the dumber designs like vanillite, trubbish and the disappointing starters

I'm well aware of its reputation, but most of the time, loving gen v designs despite of those two doesn't happen.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I'm well aware of its reputation, but most of the time, loving gen v designs despite of those two doesn't happen.

I don't need to LOVE gen V designs to like the games. I sure don't love most of them, but i still have fun playing BW when i can. The games are more than just how pokemon look so taking personal offence when someone doesnt love your dumb ice cream cone is silly (this is a general statement, not one directed to you)

Quinho

Dec 25, 2017
The "turn into a digimon" virus is implacable.
It came to this world only to destroy everything dear to us.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Yeah, I can't argue with this one.

As long as it's just a one-off for a movie then I don't really mind though.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't need to LOVE gen V designs to like the games. I sure don't love most of them, but i still have fun playing BW when i can. The games are more than just how pokemon look so taking personal offence when someone doesnt love your dumb ice cream cone is silly (this is a general statement, not one directed to you)

Right. I dont personally care for the infamous duo myself.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

There's one user in particular who absolutely loves to base his distaste for Gen 5 on Trubbish and Vanilite.
He also never fails to bring it up whenever there's a Pokémon discussion going on.

I am honestly very surprised he hasn't appeared in this Thread yet

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Yeah, that looks like trash, also nothing like Gen 1.

It's true though: if you slap an overly complex set of anime armor onto any gen 1 Pokemon, it's probably going to end up looking like something out Digimon.

Why they chose to do this? I can only assume it was a decision made by someone with poor taste in the extreme.

Omegamon

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some of the people who get so defensive about Vanillite and the others don't even really care about them but they think disliking them is an attack against Pokémon,Gen V or them lol

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Digimon genwunning resulted in Tri. Which is probably far worse than anything Pokémon has done.
Tbf, genwunning did not cause Tri, the Anniversary and writers caused Tri. Everything surrounding Digimon at the time was Anniversary-related (such as the World games reboot) or brand new (Appmon).

Tri being successful and Toei/Bandai doubling down on that, however, is another story.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Why does it look so shit?

Seriously, armored Mewtwo is one of the coolest visuals in the franchise and it now looks like... That.

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
As someone who is revisting the Kanto for over twenty years via Let's Go Eevee, it's a pretty boring region to be honest. Alola forms almost saves it for its missing type diversity.
If it had more post content like a stadium, it would be great.. not that level 100 master trainer fight padding.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
The mechanic is built to buff or compliment existing species for battles, which renders your previous statement moot.
Depends why you play the games I guess. I don't play for MP. So I'm only interested in features that enhance the SP experience. Mega evos was not one of those things. It added no additional strategy. Because at no point does the game challenge you enough that the buffs are necessary. And usually, the strategy is just to use your Mega to counter the opponent Mega. Which isn't much of a strategy. But that's all it takes. Hence why I consider it a needless inclusion.