• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Genitals in Nintendo games

Jan 1, 2018
So I just noticed that the game Safety First is coming out on Nintendo Switch.

Click here for the Official Nintendo Website's description (Warning NSFW) [I can't believe I had to type that warning for an Official Nintendo page]

In the game, you must manipulate a stick figure to wee on platforms and solve puzzles. Metacritic has only one (33%) review.

Point is, in the pictures on the Nintendo website, the stick figure clearly has a stick dong.

Is this the first time Nintendo console's have featured depictions of genitals (albeit crude ones)?

I'm not sure how I feel about this at all! Something about this makes me feel it is not right for Nintendo consoles.

PS: I looked through the FAQs to check if this was OK to post, and I think it is, but if it's not, I apologise.

Oct 25, 2017
Animal Crossing New Leaf for 3DS has a fully rendered dong of a famous statue:

Oct 29, 2017
And you people ask why Nintendo choose not to ban and censor smut games like Sony are doing...

... it's precisely because Nintendo's brand is still associated with being "kiddy" and Nintendo have to continue to challenge this stigma; this thread's existence is living proof that this attitude still prevails!

Oh wow! I never spotted that one before lol!

Good thing that she never saw her kid catch a Palkia...

Not. Even. Subtle.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017
It's fun to have some childish chuckles at a rectangular penis, but it's really not that special. The Shin Megami Tensei games have been on Nintendo systems for a while. Here are some penises I spotted whilst playing Strange Journey Redux (excluding Mara since everyone knows about that):

It's funnier that, despite these, they censored the nipples on Diana:

Must protect the children from nipples!* (* in an M-rated game.)

As others have pointed out, even games Nintendo made have featured genitalia. That Kirby level might just be something a cheeky mapper snuck in without others noticing, but the statue of Adam is something we can be reasonably certain was approved by multiple people in charge. Not really a huge deal or something new.