• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
radish-archon-4th-day-records-v0-jxzvrgrb6dy91.jpg

I wanted to highlight this cause I find it kind of astounding that after 2 years the new Archon is currently making more money than any previous banner before. It feels like there was a sentiment earlier this year that Genshin had peaked last year with the release of Inazuma and Raiden but this shows the game is still growing, at least revenue wise.

As far why this might be happening and why she has a lot of hype behind her. She is one of the games Archons, basically the gods who end up being very powerful characters. Story wise she's been loved by the community, making people very sympathetic to her character. Gameplay wise she is the god of the new Element Dendro, allowing way more teams and ways to play the game.
Edit: added her trailer if you want a slight glimpse of her gameplay

View: https://youtu.be/dpZhGzZ3hNc
latest

Note: This is just China iOS revenue. This is the only easily traceable data the community has for how much money they are making. Her coming right at the start of the month might also provide a slight boost. The other character Yomiya has a character banner up too but she has never really set the game on fire sales wise. Also I didn't choose the colors, idk why they use brown for every dual banner.

It's just crazy to me that Genshin is still raking in more money than before, especially with some sentiment in certain places that the game is dying. Felt like this was news worthy. Is this the new limit? Or can it go even higher?

Last edited:

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Its been a hot minute since i played genshin but you could have told me that was just playable paimon and i wouldnt have known any better

Mayjur

Feb 7, 2021
And here I thought nothing was going to peak Raiden's original banner. If anything, this shows that there's really nothing stopping Genshin at this point and the only thing that's going to kill the game is itself.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Its going to get another huge boost when the anime by Ufotable comes out.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I'm not even sure what this game is. I know a lot of folks called it a Breath of the Wild knockoff when it first launched but I have no idea how you would monetize such a thing.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I'm not even sure what this game is. I know a lot of folks called it a Breath of the Wild knockoff when it first launched but I have no idea how you would monetize such a thing.

It's an Open World Action RPG thats monetized through gacha for the characters. Has legit good world design, obviously influenced to an extend by BotW.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
But apparently, they still haven't made enough money to put it on Switch, somehow

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018

Lol, it has grown past the "botw clone" for awhile now. Game has its own identity and is now one of the best open worlds I've ever played.

But apparently, they still haven't made enough money to put it on Switch, somehow

They're obviously holding it for the Switch 2, surely, right?

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
Well deserved. The Radish God is great from both a story and gameplay perspective and has the best animations in the game.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Nahida was a revelation to be fair. I was adamant I wasn't going to pull for her now she's a mainstay in a lot of my teams

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
She has a good story, great gameplay, and a design people think is cute. Not super surpising for an archon considering we only get those once a year.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Nahida is adorable, she is a very likable character in the story and she is kinda "broken" gameplay-wise, so it's no wonder.

Last edited:

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
This thread's going get me to do round #4 of "I will figure out one day why people say this game is so generous when my experience has been the polar opposite" and play the game again, isn't it

like I don't even get "better identity than just a botw clone" comments, my last round from a few months ago just had me going really wishing there was literally any sort of better movement options for traversal because your only options are "slow glides" and "very stamina limited sprint", the game's kinda ass as an open world if you want to actually play it as such instead of a game that has a gigantic lobby zone for the grindable dailies it wants you to do

It's irritating too because there is a gameplay system I find fun as you agonizingly unlock access to it, it's just buried under the way more annoying parts of the game that crop up once you're past the first few hours.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Good. Raiden never deserved it. Nahida and Sumeru are actually good.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
She's an incredibly strong character and is super fun to play, and can fit into a decent variety of teams. So it makes sense.

I do wonder how much her C6 matters for this though. She's super strong without it, but from what I understand it is the constellation you want if you want to use her as a main DPS. Which is something people whaling for her would probably want to do. It's probably not that important, but I do wonder if this was a deliberate design choice.

OP
OP
DNAbro

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
This thread's going get me to do round #4 of "I will figure out one day why people say this game is so generous when my experience has been the polar opposite", isn't it

like I don't even get "better identity than just a botw clone" comments, my last round just had me going really wishing there was literally any sort of better movement options for traversal because your only options are "slow glides" and "very stamina limited sprint", the game's kinda ass as an open world if you want to actually play it as such instead of a game that has a gigantic lobby zone for the grindable dailies it wants you to do
Character wise, absolutely not. As far as what free content you can access without paying anything, yeah it's a lot.

Also may I introduce you to Yelan who can just nullify the sprint complaints lol
85dyd88di0591.gif

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This thread's going get me to do round #4 of "I will figure out one day why people say this game is so generous when my experience has been the polar opposite" and play the game again, isn't it

like I don't even get "better identity than just a botw clone" comments, my last round just had me going really wishing there was literally any sort of better movement options for traversal because your only options are "slow glides" and "very stamina limited sprint", the game's kinda ass as an open world if you want to actually play it as such instead of a game that has a gigantic lobby zone for the grindable dailies it wants you to do

Generous is a strong word, but it's fairly easy to save and get limited units you want even as an f2p, and it's certainly possible to clear every bit of content with characters you get. (hell one of the best characters in the game is just given to you for free in fact)

Personally, world design outside of Mondstadt is pretty fucking top tier (and personally easily better than BotW). Especially Inazuma and Sumeru which are actually mouth dropping gorgeous at times.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
She's an incredibly strong character and is super fun to play, and can fit into a decent variety of teams. So it makes sense.

I do wonder how much her C6 matters for this though. She's super strong without it, but from what I understand it is the constellation you want if you want to use her as a main DPS. Which is something people whaling for her would probably want to do. It's probably not that important, but I do wonder if this was a deliberate design choice.

Nah her C6 is not required to make her the field unit. It just turn her into a walking nuke machine. C2 being strong is more important for this. Getting dolphins to spent is a bigger gain than only focusing on the bigger whales and Genshin has a bunch of low spenders that might splurge on a good early con. Same reason Raiden spiked so hard.

Gameplay strength at base + good early cons + appealing design = big $$$.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

if it were a generous game players wouldn't collectively be spending 20 million dollars to get the 900 hundred year old little girl

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
People have got to like
define "easy to save and get limited units and otherwise do the rest of the content easily as F2P" because every time people say that I have to drag out numbers out of them that just make me frown once I actually hear them.

like the context for me is "I usually get the brain bug to play the game again in short bursts for a week or two before I drop it again because I'm in this gameplay pit where my characters are usable but not fun to play from the enforced world tier system, but actually trying to upgrade my characters to be fun again is p a i n f u l"

like if the progonsis for my problem is still starts with "well if you're willing to spend a couple months-", my reaction is just going to be cursing out mihoyo again because I have access to other games that don't do this to me. :v

(including, ironically, one of MIhoyo's other games that i just hop in and out of depending on whether I feel like playing it for the month at not. It's part of my frustration with Genshin because I know Mihoyo could do better, they just choose not to.)

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
heh this is one of the banners i'm skipping since i have no way to reach the pulls needed to get the character since i just got a 5-star in the previous banner at the very end. (i'm saving up for Yae anyway and my monthly spend limit on this game is $5)

like I don't even get "better identity than just a botw clone" comments, my last round from a few months ago just had me going really wishing there was literally any sort of better movement options for traversal because your only options are "slow glides" and "very stamina limited sprint", the game's kinda ass as an open world if you want to actually play it as such instead of a game that has a gigantic lobby zone for the grindable dailies it wants you to do

It's irritating too because there is a gameplay system I find fun as you agonizingly unlock access to it, it's just buried under the way more annoying parts of the game that crop up once you're past the first few hours.

there needs to be more characters with a super speed sprint like Mona and Ayaka. i got super lucky that i got Mona really early since her super speed sprint makes movement around the world pretty nice (it's faster than any non-glitch BotW option) and has been pretty much on my team 99% of the time since then (i still build my team around her just to keep her on my main team and not need to swap characters for running areound)

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes I regret dropping Genshin, but then I remember that I somehow screwed up my world level so my characters are all horribly weak compared to the enemies and bosses which take an eternity to kill. And the only way to make my characters stronger was to grind on these bosses that now take forever to defeat to get better artifacts, which are purely RNG in nature.

I would love the game if it was just exploring, but all progression is tied to combat, so eventually you just hit a wall that will take weeks of grinding to get around.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
what's crazy is i think ios only has about 25% market share in china. 3/4s of the population uses some other non-apple phone.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't be a little girl, Don't be a little girl, Don't be a little girl

....damn it.