Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
9t95wngocvamllgzg.jpg

Genshin Impact is a F2P open world action JRPG with co-op multiplayer by Chinese developer Mihoyo, available for PS4, PC, Android and iOS.
A Switch version has also been announced without a specific date as of yet.

67px4sl4bkrk091zg.jpg

Your main character is the Traveller from a far away world. You choose between the twins Lumine (girl) or Aether (boy). The twin you don't pick will still play a major role in the game's story.

2rj3ckp2q48o6fhzg.jpg

You are joined on your journey by a big number of unique characters. These are all the playable characters that have so far been revealed:

go59m207yhbgmzxzg.jpg
buugp6tw1uobb7ozg.jpg
l5f8kmn2dp6ko7hzg.jpg
8z3hbhlkit3cuqhzg.jpg

hhxgh8scoi88ldczg.jpg
m47zgvr8cuaf1c8zg.jpg
xiy2c4nvdhpvm6czg.jpg
a026tp3hs2merwhzg.jpg

luxyx1o1cxwamwdzg.jpg
evgy2jttiza9maxzg.jpg
zgutdezkd196wjazg.jpg
e2ikad1m0spejmxzg.jpg

mred0p8lqpkpzj1zg.jpg
tvvdger66lr98z4zg.jpg
fqtqsg3fktaum32zg.jpg
blh4a98iditgl4bzg.jpg

ml8wuzuuf97zuh4zg.jpg
r84aj05e392twcozg.jpg
4yt7rcmefg2gv3dzg.jpg
yfbefu4qxrhhf02zg.jpg

4n82vle5iaamdi8zg.jpg
s78s3yjt60g1avczg.jpg
jptbjzq3pvuaepyzg.jpg
xtvr3sdk8i6vhn2zg.jpg

zuqb8rmisljg8hwzg.jpg

With the main character and a team of three other party members you make use of elemental powers and their combination to defeat your enemies. Instead of all party members being present on the combat field at once, and part of them being controlled by the AI, you control all of them. With the press of a button you switch instantly from one character to the other, unleashing devastating combos.

LoSRvbL.gif

p2obu0xdu1u8lbjzg.jpg

There are seven unique open world regions to travel to and to freely explore. These are the two regions that have been released so far:

6g77tm6tof3wrvtzg.jpg

th2lux2xh9mnmp4zg.jpg

Exploration and traversal is closely inspired by Breath of the Wild. You will run, swim, climb and glide to every nook and cranny of the game world to discover enemy camps, hidden treasures, puzzles, dungeons, bosses and more.

ezgif.com-gif-maker-8542a429e522d7bb5.gif

p8maahbxy5ccum6zg.jpg

Genshin Impact is a story driven game. Apart from an extensive main story, many character and world quests bring the world, lore and characters to life. The story is told in many hours of high quality and fully voiced (in English, Japanese, Chinese and Korean) dialogue scenes and cutscenes.

l2jrezywfa24w3yzg.jpg

Everything is accompanied by a beautiful OST by the composer Yu-Peng Chen and by Western and Eastern producers and orchestras that also brought us the film and game OSTs of The Lord of the Rings triology, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, God of War (2018) and Final Fantasy XV.

q27jxpjfkijlu0xzg.jpg

On what platforms does this release?
Genshin Impact releases on PS4, PC, Android and iOS. A Switch version has also been announced without a specific date as of yet.

Is this an MMO?
No, this is a single-player focused experience with co-op multiplayer to invite a couple of friends over to your game world.

Do I need to be online all the time?
Yes, you will need to stay in constant contact with Mihoyo's servers.

Does this feature cross play?
Yes, it does feature cross play on all platforms.

Does this feature cross save?
PC, Android and iOS saves are compatible, PS4 saves are not compatible with other platforms.

Is this really F2P? It looks too good to be true.
Yes, it is F2P. Crazy, right?

How is this monetized?
The game is monetized by a character and weapon gacha system.

Hah, I knew it! Will playing this game in the long run cost me an arm and a leg?
No, it is very F2P friendly. The gacha system can be mostly ignored, but even by just playing the game you will earn currency to get into some gacha action to with a bit of luck pull some of the additional characters.

How does the gacha exactly work?
Playing the game, or purchasing them with money, you obtain rare currencies called primogems and genesis crystals. You can exchange these currencies in the game shop for acquaint and intertwined fates. Those fates are used to pull characters and weapons, which share the same pool. Characters are a lot rarer than weapons, there is however a piti system in place in case you have very bad luck pulling characters.
It is also noteworthy that not all characters are obtained just by gacha. Some are obtained by playing the story, by completing game events and some can be obtained by purchasing them in the game shop.

Is this game very anime, like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 anime, if you know what I mean?
I think I know what you mean. Let me put it this way: The game is very anime in style, but in terms of character design and tropes it is much closer to the original Xenoblade Chronicles than to its sequel. Genshin Impact in general avoids much of the cringier aspects of anime.

Is this a cheap Breath of the Wild rip-off?
No. It's openess, world exploration and traversal are closely inspired by BotW, everything else, like its world, its lore, its story, its characters and its combat system are its very own thing. This game's production value is also anything but cheap.

What exactly are you, Paimon?
NOT EMERGENCY FOOD!!* Paimon just likes tagging along, guiding the Traveller and helping them out as good as she can while being incredibly adorable.

* Genshin Impact community inside joke. ;)

sxn81k29zvn2bkxzg.jpg

GenshinERA Discord:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Genshin Impact official: https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en

Genshin Impact Twitter: https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact

Genshin Impact Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/GenshinImpact

Genshin Impact Photography Thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/genshin-impact-photo-thread.299003/

Thanks to DatManOvaDer and Dlanor A. Knox for their great gif work. :)

Last edited:

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently this has changed a lot since the beta that I played so I'll definitely be checking it out.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Beautiful OT as well.
Just a couple of more days. Very hyped for this, nice OT.
Great OT. Looking forward to try this.
Nice OT, i'm looking forward to checking this game out. Will there be pre-load (on PS4)?
Hey an OT! Well done.
One of the best OT i've seen! Great work Tyaren
The OT looks great tyaren! :D

FeistyPeacefulAcouchi-small.gif

Thanks, guyz!

No more cookies for Paimon, now for real! D:

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Praying for the gacha gods to give me Keqing, don't care about any other characters.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes there is a preload, starting the 25th or 26th on PC I believe. 27th on mobile as well, last I checked.

The key to enjoying Genshin Impact and not paying hundreds or thousands of dollars is to set aside dreams of getting any specific rare character. Instead, just take the characters you get any enjoy your surprise variety. The base game, elemental combo system, exploration, and story are all far better than you'd ever think you'd find in a gacha (come at me gacha-lovers, but you know it's true). Genshin is an honest-to-god video game even with all the gacha garbage trying to weigh it down, but the quality is so good that the gacha doesn't hurt it.

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed that preorder package on PSN and started the preload (only 10GB). Really curious about it. Is there some kind of character overview that shows their abilities and weapons?

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
You probably dont need serious form of grind nor heavy pocket if you are not going to care about really end game stuff.

Cirrus

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, not sure which char I'm going to choose at the be start, wanted to play the male char but Aether looks kind of lame, so might play Lumine instead.

3bada

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a countdown for preloads per platform?

Edit: Looks like preload is up on PS4 for me

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, this actually looks really nice? I have always been okay with the gacha model (when not super terrible), so seeing it come to consoles is nice. Especially with something that seems as fun as this.

This could also be something I could enjoy on my PS5. Looking forward to it.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Ugh, my girlfriend and I want to play this on PS4 as much as mobile, but we'll have to make a choice. Is there any reliable way to play the iOS version on a TV comfortably and smoothly?

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
Can only see the paid starter pack on PSN but will def give this a go once the FP download is up.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ugh, my girlfriend and I want to play this on PS4 as much as mobile, but we'll have to make a choice. Is there any reliable way to play the iOS version on a TV comfortably and smoothly?
You better have a state of the art phone, because on an iPhone 8+, the beta got so hot I couldn't comfortably play.

I'm cautiously looking forward to this. The game looks great, but everything I've heard about the gacha sounds awful.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
And as someone who worked on the international part of the game for a brief while, I'm glad you will be enjoying this!

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Excited to give this a go on PS4. Thankfully I'm not that drawn into gacha stuff when it's not an established property, the only character of the current lot I really want is wolf boy Razor and even that's not a major driving thing.

The amount of money I put down will basically come down to how much fun I have playing. If I'm having a good time I'll buy into the weird not-battle-pass thing.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Nice OT. The game just preloaded for me on PS4. However, I did buy the $10 preorder pack, so I dont know if others can preload outside of that.

Great overview video of the game
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to clutter the OP any more, so I'll be posting it here and threadmark it. The probably best, most in-depth overview I've seen of the game. Great watch for everybody who wants to know all about this game:

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
meh don't wanna start with a 5* weapon or a 5* guy char.. ill just reroll and hope i won't get perma'd

While I'm no Mihoyo and I can't guarantee anything, mihoyo recently addressed series of bannings in CN, specifically ones that got appealed. And they were specifically banned for scripts and sometimes account trading. One n parituclar gave his account away to somebody to collect Anemoculi and stuff for him, and that dude used scripts despite promising not to, gettin dude banned.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really nice OP.

Looking forward to this.
I really am not a fan of gacha games, but this one looks so good, and is so pretty.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Sick OT. Really looking forward to having something fun to sink my teeth into.
I think the official website is down? Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.