• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
Is there anyway of getting rid of the "UID: 703XXXXXXX" number thing on the bottom of the screen?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I'm going to regret asking but: if were to spend some money on this, what would be my best bet? The $4.99 pass that gives you 300 crystals and 90 primo gems a day, or just buy a $5 or $10 pack of primo gems and done with it? (I'm mostly looking to do a few pulls and try to get Venti or Xiangling)
5$ pass is really good value, it just takes 30 days.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to regret asking but: if were to spend some money on this, what would be my best bet? The $4.99 pass that gives you 300 crystals and 90 primo gems a day, or just buy a $5 or $10 pack of primo gems and done with it? (I'm mostly looking to do a few pulls and try to get Venti or Xiangling)

The Welkin Moon pass for $5 provides you 19 pulls over the duration of one month. If you buy a $5 pack genesis crystals they provide you 4 pulls for the first time, afterwards 2 pulls.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the next content update brings some new areas. I'm starting to cap off the map.

The Chi of Giyue quest is still brutal btw: I really don't think this quest was playtested at all. The Ruin Guards and Ruin Hunters are just way too good at killing the objective marker and you can't stop them. Especially if they decide to do their spin attack right next to it, it's an instant fail state.

JustJosh

Dec 11, 2018
Wisconsin, USA 🐮
The $5 pass gives you like $40 of pull power it just takes you logging in every day for a month to get there. But it still gives you as much as a$5 buy day one.
Crystal top-up is super pricey, you get 3000 primo gems vs 300 via top up if you dont including first time buyer. That is how they get big whale. The downside if you have to wait to collect each day. 3000 is almost 20 pulls (3200).

Sweet, sounds like the pass is the way to go (well, not spending ANYTHING is the real way to go)

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a strange behavor with a controller where if you quickly go from a direction with your left stick to neutral and back to your original direction the character pause and walks a bit?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Anyone have a strange behavor with a controller where if you quickly go from a direction with your left stick to neutral and back to your original direction the character pause and walks a bit?
yep, that happens.
in general I found controller has some awkward input lag and eats inputs sometimes too.
I actually ended up switching to KB+M after about 15 hours with controller

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
t6uzd737rdr51.png

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2020
I hope the next content update brings some new areas. I'm starting to cap off the map.

The Chi of Giyue quest is still brutal btw: I really don't think this quest was playtested at all. The Ruin Guards and Ruin Hunters are just way too good at killing the objective marker and you can't stop them. Especially if they decide to do their spin attack right next to it, it's an instant fail state.

You can use Barbara and Kaeya in order to freeze them. I don't remember having that big of a problem with those two in my team. Freezing enemies works really well 95% of the time, the other 5% being bosses that are inmune to it.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
I somehow pulled Venti by accident and am unsure how to use him effectively at moderate gear. Seems like the best way is to cycle into his Elemental Skill (with a 6s recharge which works great with Instructor's "180 Elemental Mastery for 6s when using Skill" Set bonus) and build him toward Elemental Mastery?

You mean the Instructor 4-set bonus effect? Elemental mastery is used to determine elemental reaction damage. Buffing the team sounds good on paper, but if you failed to chain the reaction with another character within the time limit, then the buff can be wasted. I'd say mixing elemental mastery set with energy recharge set is safer approach, regardless of playstyle. So you can also use his burst often, which also can be used to trigger reaction as well. But it's up to you, eventually he want Viridecent Venerer set for late game anyway.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
You can use Barbara and Kaeya in order to freeze them. I don't remember having that big of a problem with those two in my team. Freezing enemies works really well 95% of the time, the other 5% being bosses that are inmune to it.

Oh, freezing works, but like I said. During the part when three of them spawn, if they do their spin attack next to the objective, it's going to die. It's an instant fail. The move lasts too long and can't be interrupted even if you freeze them.

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
Sweet, sounds like the pass is the way to go (well, not spending ANYTHING is the real way to go)
I think the 2nd best thing is the battle pass, I think if you reach all you get like 5 fate + another 5 fate and about 1500 primo gems. So 10$ for about 20 pulls too + everything else you get.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still struggling to find a team I'm happy with. This game has too many likeable units, which is a good problem to have lol. Most of my roster seems useful in the right situations, so it's been hard trying to find a good composition that covers all the bases that I want.

I don't know if this was talked about, but what do you guys think about the kernel level anti cheat this game has on PC? Is it something that should warrant an uninstall?
I think it was recently patched so that it no longer runs when the game is closed. But I guess the same issues about kernel-level anti-cheat programs still apply when the game is open.
www.pcgamer.com

Genshin Impact's kernel-level anti-cheat no longer runs after you close the game

Developer MiHoYo pushed out an update yesterday after player's criticized its overly aggressive anti-cheat system.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina

That was rought but there's a way to pull them out the objective but you'll have to sustain three guardians very close to you.

The last one is "easy" with any range character aiming at the core. Just be sure to be at one end of the area so the marker doesn't get damaged.

It's still the hardest quest tho.

Sep 11, 2020
Oh, freezing works, but like I said. During the part when three of them spawn, if they do their spin attack next to the objective, it's going to die. It's an instant fail.

I've cleared that quest, and I don't remember having the same issue as you. I may have gotten lucky or maybe I was a bit overleveled, however.

Barbara normal skill and Kaeya ultimate work really well together. They basically make enemies that come close to you freeze before they can attack you.

I think the 2nd best thing is the battle pass, I think if you reach all you get like 5 fate + another 5 fate and about 1500 primo gems. So 10$ for about 20 pulls too + everything else you get.

A Genshin Impact database I've randomly found has the following rewards as parts of the paid banner:
  • 3,375,000 Character EXP (EXP Books)
  • 3,840,000 Weapon EXP (Enhancement Ores)
  • 2,880,000 Mora
  • 5 Acquaint Fate (used for Standard Summons)
  • 4 Intertwined Fate (used for Limited Summon)
  • 9 boxes with skill up material (These are rare and worth a lot of time and resin especially the lvl 45 and lvl 50 ones that have 4 star material)
  • 680 Primogems
  • One 4 Star Weapon of your choice (very nice abilities)
I checked because I wasn't sure about your primogem number. They only ones you get are the 680 at the level 50 reward. In regards of the battlepass, I think the best would be to wait and see if you can come close to clear it. But I'm the kind of person that gets anxious and drops games when I feel they're demanding me to commit to it.

Could be the PTSD from my WoW and mobile Gacha days, I dunno.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I've cleared that quest, and I don't remember having the same issue as you. I may have gotten lucky or maybe I was a bit overleveled, however.

They may have just chosen not to use the spin attack. That's really the hard part - that move is DEVASTATING, and sometimes two of them use it simultaneously.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Probably dumb of me to ask after midnight, so I'll try again this morning. Is there any way to get the PC version to display Playstation buttons, or am I stuck with Xbox displays?

Oct 27, 2017
So this game is frustrating me. I think the world looks great, the combat looks great, the music is good, it seems there is decent exploration and the enemies look cool. I have a friend raving that it is great. I can't stand the character designs at all though. It seems like that is a huge part of this game considering it is part gacha game. I also immediately did not want to hear Paimon ever speak again. The final nail will be if the story sucks. So my question is how is the story and do the character designs get any less over the top for later characters?

What don't you like about the character design, to me that's one of the best things about the game! Even the English voice acting is really well done, and beings the characters more alive! I agree with Paimon though lol I usually skip her voice lines in cut-scenes.

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
Got 14 Acquaint Fate, should I use 8 of them on another Beginners Wish (already have Noelle, 10/20 chances remaining) pull or 10 on Wanderlust Invocation?

Also am I supposed to do something with Masterless Stardust?

EDIT:
Definitely finish the Beginner off first cause you get 20 wishes for a cost of 16, which is great
Thanks for the advice, got Qiqi and Xiangqiu.

Last edited:

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Paimon is an absolute delight in English.
The very first like 15min or so she seems like she will be terrible but the moment she gets to interact with other characters she just starts calling out everyone on their shit. Like EVERYONE. Her voice actress has a lot of fun with her lines too and she has this little nasaly "i'm gonna smugly call you out now" thing DOWN.

Got 14 Acquaint Fate, should I use 8 of them on another Beginners Wish (already have Noelle, 10/20 chances remaining) pull or 10 on Wanderlust Invocation?

Also am I supposed to do something with Masterless Stardust?

Definitely finish the Beginner off first cause you get 20 wishes for a cost of 16, which is great

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, the Sif fight is amazing. Had to replay it immediately just for that music.

People who just explore and avoid the main story quests are really gonna miss out on this.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
My first gacha game ever. Made it to Adventurer Rank 4 so far about to head into the big city. Any mistake I should avoid or tips for new players ?

Focus on one unit as your main DPS, and build a team around them.
Explore. If you don't explore and open chests, do side quests, etc, you'll be stuck and need to grind.
Don't look too hard at tier lists. Only character to completely avoid is Amber, as she is awful.
Have fun.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017

YES! I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I just disassembled my controller to clean it up and fix some drifting and thought I screwed up at some point. Good thing it wasn't that.

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
the amount of times i've seen that exchange in the last few hours is staggering. wish they wouldn't just randomly change the standard banner art like that. it's setting people up to get excited for no reason.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
So, how do you get more cooking recipes?

Any tips on getting more currency for Wishes? Still need a DPS, preferably of fire element.

Jolkien

Oct 25, 2017
Anchorage/Alaska
Focus on one unit as your main DPS, and build a team around them.
Explore. If you don't explore and open chests, do side quests, etc, you'll be stuck and need to grind.
Don't look too hard at tier lists. Only character to completely avoid is Amber, as she is awful.
Have fun.

Thanks for the tips ! Too bad about Amber I was like oh sweet fire bow wielder she looks pretty cool

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I got to the story quest where Qiqi shows up yesterday, and
the cocogoat reveal had me dying of laughter. I was totally channeling Childe's energy with that.

Just want to ask, for anyone that has her, how does Qi Qi do as a healer? Just got her recently and haven't used her yet but I already have Barbara at max constellation so wondering how she would compare.

A Barbara with maxed constellation seems pretty good, and can auto revive, so I'm not sure how well base Qiqi would compare for healing. Qiqi is great though, and her healing scales with attack, so I've built her as a supplemental DPS making her a dual threat. Unless I'm being lazy or make a mistake, it's easy for her to keep the party alive.

Dd4BdOE.jpg

So who are everyone's miners, lol?
Mine are Noelle and Sucrose.

Barbara, Xingqiu, and Xiangling (for now, until I build her up later).

Unrelated, but I hope the free Fischl turns out to be true, trying to resist spending all my gems pulling on the Venti banner to get her.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You get 3 keys from the AR25 World Level rank up quest.
Do you mean 35 cause prior to that ascension I had no keys then after the world level increase after beating it I did the one time domain to get another key. However now I just looked in my inventory and I have 3 Liyue keys so I'm guessing it came from the 35 ascension and I didn't realize it lol.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My first gacha game ever. Made it to Adventurer Rank 4 so far about to head into the big city. Any mistake I should avoid or tips for new players ?
If you want a specific unit, especially a specific five star save for a focus banner that gives them a rate up. You can still do the standard banners And the beginner banner when you get enough acquaint fate from normal gameplay or star glitter from the shop since the rate up banners only use intertwined fate

Oct 27, 2017
Almost AR30 and I haven't started my AR29 quests. I'm thinking I'm going to get all the Geo's first before continuing with the main story. I'm less than 20 or so away from 100%.

Edit: This is how I feel when I go to multiple areas that I apparently already got the geo's but I still need so many:

ousa_rezero-1024x576.png

yeah im not doing the same with Anemoculus. I'm clicking the geo's off one by one with the interactive map... having to go back through all 131 geoculus if you miss one is something i dont want to do lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.