Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
51323131022_c62f47c09e_o.jpg

Genshin Impact is a F2P open world action RPG with co-op multiplayer by Chinese developer Mihoyo, available for PS4, PS5, PC, Android and iOS.
A Switch version has also been announced without a specific date as of yet.

51323874311_242eca5d32_o.jpg

Your main character is the Traveller from a far away world. You choose between the twins Lumine (girl) or Aether (boy). The twin you don't pick will still play a major role in the game's story.

2rj3ckp2q48o6fhzg.jpg

You are joined on your journey by a big number of unique characters. These are all the playable characters that have so far been revealed:

go59m207yhbgmzxzg.jpg
buugp6tw1uobb7ozg.jpg
l5f8kmn2dp6ko7hzg.jpg
8z3hbhlkit3cuqhzg.jpg

hhxgh8scoi88ldczg.jpg
m47zgvr8cuaf1c8zg.jpg
xiy2c4nvdhpvm6czg.jpg
a026tp3hs2merwhzg.jpg

luxyx1o1cxwamwdzg.jpg
evgy2jttiza9maxzg.jpg
zgutdezkd196wjazg.jpg
e2ikad1m0spejmxzg.jpg

mred0p8lqpkpzj1zg.jpg
tvvdger66lr98z4zg.jpg
blh4a98iditgl4bzg.jpg
ml8wuzuuf97zuh4zg.jpg

r84aj05e392twcozg.jpg
4yt7rcmefg2gv3dzg.jpg
yfbefu4qxrhhf02zg.jpg
4n82vle5iaamdi8zg.jpg

s78s3yjt60g1avczg.jpg
jptbjzq3pvuaepyzg.jpg
xtvr3sdk8i6vhn2zg.jpg
lttniwef7gj8jr3zg.jpg

a01oqvhebo4344ozg.jpg
nt18ts233n2caabzg.jpg
t1sy585ceikxoa5zg.jpg
fqtqsg3fktaum32zg.jpg

n1mnumskcwbh8qmzg.jpg
eqwwdbknhwxwrwrzg.jpg
ousq9kzoof5r2s3zg.jpg
d8mn3mitpwlej03zg.jpg

51279053352_cbda86b55f_o.jpg
51324615409_c5bc4fac7d_o.jpg
51279798311_26c8856a54_o.jpg
51279798311_26c8856a54_o.jpg

51323155052_57f943853a_o.jpg

With the main character and a team of three other party members you make use of elemental powers and their combination to defeat your enemies. Instead of all party members being present on the combat field at once, and part of them being controlled by the AI, you control all of them. With the press of a button you switch instantly from one character to the other, unleashing devastating combos.

LoSRvbL.gif

51323156707_69baca172e_o.jpg

There are seven unique open world regions to travel to and to freely explore. These are the three regions that have been released so far:

6g77tm6tof3wrvtzg.jpg

th2lux2xh9mnmp4zg.jpg

51324074766_6d4dbec4f6_o.jpg

Exploration and traversal is closely inspired by Breath of the Wild. You will run, swim, climb and glide to every nook and cranny of the game world to discover enemy camps, hidden treasures, puzzles, dungeons, bosses and more.

51142597882_275cc388b5_o.gif

51324070733_445cdf8705_o.jpg

Genshin Impact is a story driven game. Apart from an extensive main story, many character and world quests bring the world, lore and characters to life. The story is told in many hours of high quality and fully voiced (in English, Japanese, Chinese and Korean) dialogue scenes and cutscenes.

l2jrezywfa24w3yzg.jpg

Everything is accompanied by a beautiful OST by the award-winning composer Yu-Peng Chen and by Western and Eastern producers and orchestras that also brought us the film and game OSTs of The Lord of the Rings triology, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, God of War (2018) and Final Fantasy XV.

51324923885_5bca534e01_o.jpg

On what platforms is this game available?
Genshin Impact is available on PS4, PS5, PC, Android and iOS. A Switch version has also been announced without a specific date as of yet.

Is this an MMO?
No, this is a single-player focused experience with co-op multiplayer to invite a couple of friends over to your game world.

Do I need to be online all the time?
Yes, you will need to stay in constant contact with Mihoyo's servers.

Does this feature cross play?
Yes, it does feature cross play on all platforms.

Does this feature cross save?
Yes, as of game version 2.0 all platforms' saves will be compatible.

Is this really F2P? It looks too good to be true.
Yes, it is F2P. Crazy, right?

How is this monetized?
The game is monetized by a character and weapon gacha system.

Hah, I knew it! Will playing this game in the long run cost me an arm and a leg?
No, it is very F2P friendly. The gacha system can be mostly ignored, but even by just playing the game you will earn currency to get into some gacha action to with a bit of luck pull some of the additional characters.

How does the gacha exactly work?
Playing the game, or purchasing them with money, you obtain a rare currency called primogems. You can exchange this currency in the game shop for acquaint and intertwined fates. Those fates are used to pull characters and weapons. Characters are a lot rarer than weapons, there is however a pity system in place in case you have very bad luck pulling characters.
It is also noteworthy that not all characters are obtained just by gacha. Some are obtained by playing the story, by completing game events and some can be obtained by purchasing them in the game shop.

Is this a cheap Breath of the Wild rip-off?
No. It's openess, world exploration and traversal are closely inspired by BotW, everything else, like its world, its lore, its story, its characters and its combat system are its very own thing. This game's production value is also anything but cheap.

What exactly are you, Paimon?
NOT EMERGENCY FOOD!!* Paimon just likes tagging along, guiding the Traveller and helping them out as good as she can while being incredibly adorable.

* Genshin Impact community inside joke. ;)

51324070718_25a3d01136_o.jpg

Story spoilers or leaked content has to be put in spoiler tags. Anyone breaking the rules will face the Wrath of the Rock!

51323155067_6ba17c191b_o.jpg

GenshinERA Discord:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Genshin Impact official: https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en

Genshin Impact Twitter: https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact

Genshin Impact Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/GenshinImpact

Genshin Impact Scenic Beauty Photography Thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/genshin-impacts-incredible-scenic-beauty.424625/

Thanks to DatManOvaDer and Dlanor A. Knox for their great gif work. :)
Thanks to SlyShinobi for coming up with the cool topic title. :)
Thanks to ArcticDonkey for coming up with the note on gacha for newcomers. :)

51367878475_3ddc5b249e_b.jpg

Genshin Impact is an incredibly fun and rewarding game and is very FTP friendly. All content can be cleared with starting characters and some of the strongest characters are 4*.

It should be noted that the cost of pulling is very high and rates are incredibly low of pulling a 5* character outside of pity. If you're really enjoying the game and don't mind dropping a few bucks, it's generally advised to stick to the $5 Welkin pass or the $10 battle pass.

It can be very tempting to drop money on pulls when posters show off their shiny double off pity 5* pulls, but please be aware that these pulls are extremely rare. Spending real money to chase the hot, new banner character will lead to very real disappointment if they are not in your pity range.

There is no issue spending within your means as long as you're enjoying the game, but be responsible as even spending here and there will really add up over time. If you're considering dropping a large sum of money on pulls for a non-guaranteed 5* here are some general tips:

1) Be prepared to receive nothing for your money. Ask yourself how disappointed you would be.
2) Sleep on it and see if you still want to spend the next day.
3) Set a monthly budget and stick to it.

Now, fun police time over, go do your commissions. :)

Last edited:

anemovision

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Aug 8, 2018
nice OT design Tyaren !

taking tomorrow off to explore inazuma, hope this heat eases up a bit though its too hot to move

saving until sayu/gorou

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Lovely OT as usual. Still can't bring myself to play the game again, but when I do, wowow, I'll have a lot to go at :D

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
I have not played the game yet, but are there two or three regions? The op states two but then shows three different locations right beneath.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
So excited!
I have not played the game yet, but are there two or three regions? The op states two but then shows three different locations right beneath.
The new region, Inazuma, is launching today. Depending on where you are, it should be available by end of day today (around 6 or 7 pm PST)

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sleep on Ayaka
Sleep on Yoimiya

Give me the new artifact domain

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
kaebie, it's done! :D Please help this thread not being moved to Hangouts immediately again, lol.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hyped to explore Inazuma!! I haven't done any pulls since getting Eula so I've got 20k primos ready to go for my girl Ayaka.

vfdm3uhezg671.gif

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
First page!

Gonna try and 50/50 Ayaka, but I want Yoimiya way more. Excited for the patch!

May 10, 2018
Going for 50/50 Ayaka. Got over 70 wishes saved up and I'm a little over 50 away from my next 5*.

Never won 50/50 before, hope that changes.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm super hyped for inazuma. First time since launch we're getting a full blown new region like this. Gonna feel like I'm back in September starting the game for the first time.

Shame I'm not into the new five stars. I'm pretty sleep on Ayaka since I have hella cryo between Euya and Ganyu, and I'm not thirsting for a Pyro user either.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Here we go again. Forever and ever. Having a new area to explore is awesome.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
I will start playing this again when Inazuma is out. Probably!

Reminder that Eula is the best character.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Stay away from the scam banner!

c3dbf52eb09ca19689d3c7ae836354d4.gif

I rolled on the weapon banner and got Kazuha's sword first try, so I pulled for him.

Naturally, I'm gonna pull on the new one for the sword, weapon banner DID NOT BURN ME ONCE yet, so here's hoping the streak continues. Still, even if I get it, 0 interest in Ayaya.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly one pull into the Ayaka banner and one pull into the weapon banner, just to give the fates a single opportunity to bestow something nice upon me in case they think I'm destined to have it. Otherwise, not interested at all.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
It's Baal'n like Ayaka time. I'm ready to pull her. Might even get her weapon which I've never done for a new character.

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
Beautiful OT!

Can't believe we are finally getting the next nation. Remember when we thought we'd get two per year lol.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Here er go again

thanks 1.6, those islands were fun, i will miss them

clu1sGB.jpg

speaking about the island...check this:

"Did you know that if you miss the Island Event, Barbara will leave a letter there? She said that she and her friends "spent a most wonderful summer there" and wishes summer joy to everybody else."

zeropercent

Teyvat Traveler
May 13, 2020
Inazuma actually dropping doesn't feel real... hype!

Just going to do one 10 pull on Ayaka and Yoimiya to try and get a copy of Yanfei and Sayu

someone keep me away from trying for the sword

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Skipping everything till Baal.

I should lvl my Traveler for lightning element

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
So now that Ayaya will finally be out of the "do it for her" memes, will Dainsleif righfully take her place? :>

Peradam

Jan 11, 2018
So close. Good luck to everyone rolling for Ayaka!

dodo667418

Oct 28, 2017
As someone who lost interest a bit over the last few weeks and months (only played like twice a week at best and largely ignored all event content), I'm super excited to jump back in for Inazuma. The exploration in the game is truly my favorite aspect of Genshin, so I can't wait to discover a whole new region. Also cross-progression will be huge for me, can't wait to play on my PS5 for casual comfort.

I'm not up to speed with the characters, so I'm not sure whether to pull for Ayaka or Yoimiya. I have like 50 pulls saved, so I might try for two or three 10-pulls on Ayaka's banner and then decide what to do next. I'll try to worry less about characters, it's what made me feel kind of burned out on the game months ago. My roster is still solid enough, so I won't sweat getting or not getting the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.