• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Soulymist

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Genshin Impact, the June-announced open-world action RPG from Honkai Impact 3rd developer Mihoyo, will be released for PlayStation 4 in addition to its previously announced PC, iOS, and Android platforms worldwide in 2020, the developer announced during the PlayStation ChinaJoy 2019 press conference.

The PlayStation 4 version of Genshin Impact will be playable at the PlayStation booth at ChinaJoy 2019, which runs from August 2 to 5 in Shanghai.

"This first ever partnership between Mihoyo and PlayStation will let us bring Genshin Impact to the broad community of console players, while also welcome players from other platforms to PlayStation," said Mihoyo co-founder Wei Liu during the showcase. "We will be continuing to optimize the PlayStation version of the game to ensure a smooth gameplay experience and adding exclusive content to the platform. We look forward to working with PlayStation and listening to feedback from PlayStation® players to help us further improve Genshin Impact."

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
This looks familiar. Was this that BoTW Clone people were talking about before?

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
People say the combat looks good but it's hard to actually make out anything in these trailers behind all the flashy effects.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
I think the thread title should be updated/changed to also state that Genshin Impact is coming to PS4 in the west next year (2020).

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like it's a cross-play title by the way, unless this is just a strange wording.

This first ever partnership between Mihoyo and PlayStation will let us bring Genshin Impact to the broad community of console players, while also welcome players from other platforms to PlayStation.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Didn't know about this game until now. I just did a search for it on Google and realised I completely missed out on the (minor) controversy back in June about it being a shameless BotW rip off.

I mean... it is a rip off. But it still looks excellent regardless. And that soundtrack is something else. Just a shame that it's another one of those huge RPGs with a blank slate for a protagonist. I wish devs wouldn't do that.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I hope this would start a trend of traditional CRPG, although I don't mind with JRPG influence in designs.

Maybe someday we'll see a CRPG's own Final Fantasy.

Deleted member 26293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Do we know what's the business model behind this? Is it a traditional release or a F2P game like Honkai Impact?

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018

Yeah, I saw that but from the video it was still a little unclear to me. The town had no NPCs and I didn't see any dialogue bubbles, but I'll chalk this up to the game being in progress because the rest is gorgeous. If it's a true RPG on top of that, the game jumps up very high on my list. Can't believe this is on cell phones, times have changed since I last played cell phone game.s

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That does actually look quite interesting. I like the art style and I love big, open world fantasy JRPGs. Which there are not that many yet.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
After watching the trailer a second time I got more hyped.

Not a fan of the char design but the rest looks really good.

StrayDog

Avenger
Jul 14, 2018
Zelda: Breath of the Waifus
oCfEV8v.png

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
This is just single player I'm guessing right? Seems like co-op would work well given the character switching (which I'm never a fan of).

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's just single player. An older thread described it as an "online" game, but based on the gameplay footage I've seen it looks like a pretty conventional JRPG.
I'd be cool with it being single player, I just wish the party was always out and fighting. Something about switching characters like that I just don't like.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
Curious if this is crossplay and cross progression across all platforms. Either way, as a Honkai Impact 3rd player, I'm pretty much already in.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
They got this too run on mobile and Honkai Impact looks great and can run 60fps on mobile too these Devs masters at optimization, guessing this game be 60fps on PS4

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Add this to next year's list of excellent looking JRPGs in the West in 2020:

Final Fantasy 7 remake
Gran Blue Fantasy
Tales of Arise
Lost Soul Aside
Blue Protocol
Babylon's Fall

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
What about this looks like BOTW aside form the grassy fields? People round here really love to use the word clone and rip off way too freely. It's weird. It looks like it plays nothing like BOTW.