• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nauro

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
1454632730279.png

Deleted member 1105

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So we are making threads about Tweets now?

There was a reason this wasn't allowed on the other site.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
I imagine the same people who enjoy CrowBCat would also use 'lazy devs' ' or 'based kojima' unironically

You know, garbage people (NOT ALL OF YOU ARE GARBAGE PEOPLE THERE IS A VOCAL MINORITY WHO CONSUMES THAT CONTENT WHO ARE, IN FACT, GARBAGE not y'all tho. I apologize if I ruffled feathers.)

Last edited:

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Crowbcat is just late 2010s /v/ summed up in video form. Exaggerated flaws (from cherrypicking), racist chan memes, and just genuinely unfunny despite raising valid points sometimes.

vider

Oct 27, 2017
Slovenia
I've seen it being mentioned on the old site that CrowbCat uploaded some racist stuff, but I never saw what exactly. Can anyone bring me up to speed?

Oct 29, 2017
Sorry but what have I missed about Crowbcat? Last time he was mentioned the consensus seemed nicer but now people who like his videos are 'garbage people,' what did I miss?

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
I imagine the same people who enjoy CrowBCat would also use 'lazy devs' ' or 'based kojima' unironically

You know, garbage people
Uh, wow. No. I had enjoyed plenty of the videos on their channel prior to the Assassins Creed clip because they did a good job of compiling weird moments from events, compared games during preview vs final product, and made a fantastic cut of GiantBomb's VRodeo.

Please dont just paint anyone who might enjoy something with such a broad and negative brush. If you want to do that this is not the forum you should be on.

Wislizeni

Oct 27, 2017
Uhhh, they?

Geoff has acknowledged CrowbCat before. Not a fan of the channel, but you have to give it to Geoff for being such a good sport about it.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Crowbcat is just late 2010s /v/ summed up in video form. Exaggerated flaws (from cherrypicking), racist chan memes, and just genuinely unfunny despite raising valid points sometimes.

Sorry but what have I missed about Crowbcat? Last time he was mentioned the consensus seemed nicer but now people who like his videos are 'garbage people,' what did I miss?

GamerJM sums it up better. CrowBCat's attempt in actually bringing genuine discussion to a game's flaws be it promotion or otherwise always fall flat on their face and , at the end of the day, come out as unfunny Talk Soup-style clip edits that appeals to, well, garbage people.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But crowbcat isnt a single person, I wish every thread didnt descend into name calling.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Does Geoff have an account here? He would ask for feedback and respond after the events on the other site.

Oct 30, 2017
Can we not encourage groupthink and this idea that if someone likes something you don't like that they're awful people? That shit does not belong here.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Geoff: The Game of the Year at the Game Awards 2016 is...
Widowmaker: I've got you in my sights!
Geoff: Overwatch

Still gets me. lol

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
GamerJM sums it up better. CrowBCat's attempt in actually bringing genuine discussion to a game's flaws be it promotion or otherwise always fall flat on their face and , at the end of the day, come out as unfunny Talk Soup-style clip edits that appeals to, well, garbage people.

I mean I wouldn't go to bat for him, but I've enjoyed parts of his videos, especially his earlier stuff. Am I a garbage person?

Oct 29, 2017
He did edit of "WE WUZ KANGZ" meme.

He put in a "WE WUZ KANGZ" meme in his E3 2017 supercut for Assassins Creed and overlayed San Andreas audio in another clip of it.

He included a subtle but obviously racist meme in one of his vids.

This is the result.

Thanks for the speedy replies. I don't think I even know what that meme is so it's probably a case of me not being as ingratiated with that part of internet culture. Thanks for letting me know, shame people resort to dumb shit like that.

Nauro

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Crowbcat is a group of people making edits, like Giivasunner was. The racist dude who put in the We wuz meme got removed back in August.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Uh, wow. No. I had enjoyed plenty of the videos on their channel prior to the Assassins Creed clip because they did a good job of compiling weird moments from events, compared games during preview vs final product, and made a fantastic cut of GiantBomb's VRodeo.

Please dont just paint anyone who might enjoy something with such a broad and negative brush. If you want rl do that this is not the forum you should be on.

If you enjoy it, you do you.

SmarmySmurf

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I'm not surprised, Keighley loves kissing asses almost as much as he loves shilling. CBC is trash.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You know, garbage people

I don't see what Kojima being based as hell has anything to do with liking crowbcat or being a garbage person.

If liking Kojima makes me garbage then cool, we have little to discuss.

I'm not surprised, Keighley loves kissing asses almost as much as he loves shilling. CBC is trash.
holy shit, I can't believe there are still people genuinely hating on Keighley. His contributions and hard work benefitting the industry will forever outshine the few people still going at him over the Dorito Pope thing.

Oni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Enjoying people's content who later turn out to be awful human beings isn't problem, but continuing to vouch for them and defend them after the fact is.

Edit: okay if the dude was removed then their name doesn't deserve to be dragged through the mud

Status
Not open for further replies.