• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So many shooters and multiplayer games trying to cash in on Fortnite's popularity, I'm sure.

As an RPG fan my expectations could not possibly be lower.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Given that Street Fighter VI could be coming in Early 2023, I wonder if we'll see the initial reveal here. It'd give time for Capcom to hype the game up throughout 2022 (character reveals, betas, etc.), & Capcom Cup isn't as big as it used to be right now. It ultimately comes down to how long of a hype cycle Capcom wants. If they want it to be shorter, the SFVI reveal will be saved for E3. Otherwise, I feel like a TGA reveal for SFVI would make a big splash & help complete Capcom's redemption arc.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Don't care what others say - I love The Game Awards. It's just a fun time to kick back, think about games that we played over the last year, and dive into some new trailers as well.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
Spider-man in Avengers reveal? Please?

I SAID PLEASE!

EDIT: Wait... I just realized this might take place after he's already in the game. Need to check times. And get something to eat.

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
I don't like Geoff but W for saying no to NFT shit. Game awards are always just a fun watch with friends, sounds like it'll be much bigger this year

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Hope there is actual gameplay in some of these reveals and not just only CGI teasers.

I get why CGI trailers next to exist but you gotta sell me on your GAME

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Geoff's entire job, other than producing the show, is to get you to watch it. Every year he hypes it up like crazy and every year there's maybe a handful of interesting things, one big reveal, and a ton of junk.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
Given that Street Fighter VI could be coming in Early 2023, I wonder if we'll see the initial reveal here. It'd give time for Capcom to hype the game up throughout 2022 (character reveals, betas, etc.), & Capcom Cup isn't as big as it used to be right now. It ultimately comes down to how long of a hype cycle Capcom wants. If they want it to be shorter, the SFVI reveal will be saved for E3. Otherwise, I feel like a TGA reveal for SFVI would make a big splash & help complete Capcom's redemption arc.
Yeah like you said both this and Capcom Cup are good places to announce SF6, but this would give it a bigger splash than Capcom Cup. Also I still think we'll get SF6 Q4 2022, BELIEVE.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Depending on timings I might be able to tune into this and have it on in the background. It'll be fun to see what's nominated and wins this year, plus the game reveals. I'm honestly not holding out hope for anything that'll hype me but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Also good on Geoff for saying no to NFTs! :)

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
Orchestra's are always a nice part of TGA, I watched it with some non-gaming family members and they enjoyed it too.

Double digit new games he says 👀 . Alright alright.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Thank you for not poisoning another fan event/service with crypto. I know you read this sometimes, Geoff. Even if it wasn't a deliberate decision to abstain from the trend, it means a lot to people.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
Geoff has done a phenomenal job with The Game Awards ever since he moved away from the Spike TV partnership - feels like a great celebration of the industry aswell as an event with awesome reveals for the future.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why don't they just drop the awards facade and just call it the big game trailer showcase?

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a simple man, all I want is:
-Mass Effect
-Dragon Age
-Persona 6
-Silent HIll
-Bloodborne Remaster
-BotW2
-FF7 Remake Part 2
-FF16
-Starfield

Again, humble requests only.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yeah like you said both this and Capcom Cup are good places to announce SF6, but this would give it a bigger splash than Capcom Cup. Also I still think we'll get SF6 Q4 2022, BELIEVE.
That Capcom leak listing was before any COVID delays were factored in (as shown by RE8's April 2021 listing). And using KoFXV as a point of reference, SFVI is probably not making Q4 2022.