• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
This is a big 'ol blow

Longtime gaming journalist and personality Geoff Keighley, host and creator of The Game Awards, will not be attending the Electronic Entertainment Expo for the first time in 25 years. To that end, he will not hold the E3 Coliseum event, a highly anticipated newsbreaking platform with panel discussions of game developers providing more details on their biggest titles.

Certainly feels things aren't going to be getting better for E3 anytime soon.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
very, very oof.

I wonder if he will focus solely on The Game Awards this year or if he has something else already planned for around E3.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2017
No Sony and now no Geoff? I loved his annual "YouTube Live at E3" wall-wall coverage of the press conferences and game demos.

E3 is dying a quick death for sure.

Monkeynuts

Jan 17, 2019
yep, e3 is on its last legs now - cant see how it exists beyond a few years at most on this current trajectory

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User banned (5 days): Platform warring. History of similar behavior.
I also think it's funny this forum loved E3 but all of a sudden E3 isn't good.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yaeh, that's big.
"Based on what's been communicated to me about the show, I just don't feel comfortable participating," Keighley told The Post. "It's no secret that E3 needs to evolve and I have lots of ideas around that, but have decided to take a wait-and-see approach. I'm looking forward to learning more about the ESA's vision for the show beyond what was in the blog post last week."
Heh, Keighley's gonna be making his own E3.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
Truly sad to see E3 fragmenting so much. It used to be the biggest gaming event of the year and now we just kinda don't have one. TGA doesn't even compare.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
E3 IS DEAD

CAPCOM IS B...

No wait...this means nobody is back not even Geoff .

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EQlyzSLVUAEGAXO

For the first time in 25 years. Holy crap.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Gimme that The Videogame Awards Conference

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah e3 is done isnt it? I hope something else comes to take its place, but i imagine the future of game announcements will be twitter, nintendo directs, state of plays, and inside xbox. I bet they are all cheaper than live events and press conferences as well

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
RIP E3. I will miss E3 hype... These individual showcases just aren't the same.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"I look forward to supporting the industry in other ways and at other events in the future" - Geoff Keighley

RG0BS1U.gif

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I also think it's funny this forum loved E3 but all of a sudden E3 isn't good.

Suddenly? Have you missed the news lately?

Sony is skipping it, Geof is skipping it, E3 is gonna call sub celebrities to try feel those gaps... Nothing about this sounds good.