• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Keighley could probably pull off his own E3 if he asked publishers. But honestly we don't need one centralized event. Of course its exciting but whats the purpose of it at this point.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Has no effect on me. I don't like Geoff all that much as far as how presents things and never been a fan. As long as Giant Bomb still has their Sofa interviews all is good with me. Really love Jeff G. interviews and always look forward to them, especially his interviews yearly with Phil Spencer.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Sony won, E3 is in Death Note.

source.gif

AR Starts

Oct 25, 2017
Geoff has a competing product with TGA. Every industry has big trade shows. E3 is a big moment each year for the industry and Q2 timing is critical. If E3 dies something will take its place.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to when it dies and nothing takes its spot and people complain about the lack of news and big event.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
I also think it's funny this forum loved E3 but all of a sudden E3 isn't good.
Well something big did change the past year, they did reveal a bunch of people's personal info and announced that the next e3 was going to feature celebrity and influencers which to me is the absolute last thing I want to see. It's not like people are turning on e3 just because Sony is skipping or Nintendo hasn't done a live press conference there in yeaes., They've actually done things that merit people disregarding the show.

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
I look forward to when it dies and nothing takes its spot and people complain about the lack of news and big event.
We'll just get twitter announcements or out of nowhere dropped trailers. We reaaaaaaaally don't need the big spectacle of revealing anymore.
I mean you still have Directs. If everyone does them I feel as tho people would be okay with that. Sure it's not the all in one E3 holiday but yeah.

Direct-style conferences are way better because they're much more focused, better paced and cut alot of the stupid fat in conferences. I embrace the transition to Directs instead of actual conferences.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I also think it's funny this forum loved E3 but all of a sudden E3 isn't good.
Because E3 actually was good a few years ago, and now they're rebranding it into nothing more than a fan festival for "influencers" and celebrities. I get what you're doing, but people are allowed to call out bullshit when they see it, you know. E3 is dead.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
maybe gamescom will take over and get all the big reveals now. games still have to be revealed somewhere right. not only first party games but lots of third party games.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of funny. The other stuff was pretty telling of what was to come (ea and Sony bowing out), but Geoff bailing is legit what is making me realize e3 is dying and won't be around much longer if this keeps pace.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Not really surprising considering Sony bailed, and Geoff doesn't have the same energy or excitement towards anybody else.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Because E3 actually was good a few years ago, and now they're rebranding it into nothing more than a fan festival for "influencers" and celebrities. I get what you're doing.
Let's not forget this
www.resetera.com

E3 organization leaks data for over 2,000 journalists and analysts [Update: Additional security breaches discovered, see threadmarks]

Before we begin, it is my understanding that this thread was created once several hours ago and wiped from the site. With little transparency, I can only assume this was done in order to reduce the spread of the sensitive information, in the hopes that it would be taken down before it got too...

And their completely trash response to it.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
How awkward is it going to be when people find out that most influencers have no stage presence and rely on heavy editing and dozens upon dozens of takes to even sound mildly competent. Shit is going to be so lame.