• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I am going to bet Psychonauts 2 makes an appearance again here. Also betting on Sea of Thieves too since they are revealing A LOT and having a lot of people play by the end of the year.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope you guys enjoy the show. Going to bookmark some of these posts and we can chat on December 8!
Best of luck with the show! I realise it's an enormous undertaking and likely a logistical nightmare. So thank you so much for everything you do for the industry.

Venom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Run the jewels promoted watch dogs 2 last year in commercials and also preformed that song at the VGAs. Maybe google it b4 u make statements as if your memory is crystal clear on the subject.

And of course no one explicitly said it if you can't read subtext that's on you buddy. Also feel free to ignore my comments in the thread if you think they bring "that shit" into it. Also I see lots of others talking about various things from award shows of yesteryear. I wonder why my comment stuck such a nerve with you. Actually nah Idc.

I believe what the Aizen is saying is that, like clockwork, Gaf/ERA users have historically recognized and enjoyed the performances of white artists at these events, but when a black artist like RTJ comes out, nobody knows who they are, despite the fact that, anecdotally, all of my black friends love RTJ. So the questions of "why would they have RTJ perform at this when I don't know them?" can sound like "why would they have a black artist perform at this event? I only know and like the white artists!"

You don't have to explicitly mention race for comments to be racialized.

There is no subtext, hidden messages etc and that's what my OG post was about. Don't try to spin this like you were "just saying" because it doesn't work like that. You were trying to imply that somehow other posters were racist when that's far from what their posts were about. They were simply trying to say "I don't know this group" and there's nothing wrong with that.

Just because someone doesn't know a black rap group, that somehow makes their post racially charged if they post things like what you just posted? No it doesn't. And the bolded is absolute nonsense. You know it is. Yes, posts can be racial without explicitly saying the word race etc. However you're making something out of nothing and yet I'm the one in the wrong?

Your post didn't actually strike a nerve. I'm just sick of hearing about race when there's no need to bring it into the conversation that's all. We are all the same no matter what colour of our skin, gender, sexual orientation etc. There's no point bringing it up when nobody apart from MGS fans knew who Stefanie Joosten was either but somehow I doubt that makes it about race in your eyes. (It isn't). And that's the point I was making, nobody had a hidden message in their post when talking about Stefanie so why all of a sudden would they when talking about how they don't know who RTJ are. I don't know, or rather didn't know who they were when they appeared there and posted that exact thing in the other place and somehow that makes me bad? Wtf are you smoking?

Also read my posts in this thread if you think yours is the only one that I pointed out I had a problem with. I've pointed out other things. But I wonder why you only chose to reply to this one? Hmm.

Also Google a little B4 U make statements like your memory was crystal clear on the subject. I was talking about the 2 rapper guys that promoted Microsoft last year. That's who I thought you meant because RTJ are that forgettable. Oh sorry does that make me racist somehow? No it doesn't so please stop with that line of thinking because tbh you're the only one pushing it.

Also PM me if you want to talk.

Edit: And Luke, ok.

If a person only knew the white artist then how could they possibly have an opinion on the black artist they never knew in the first place? They'd surely have to at that point have at least seen RTJ which then grants them the right to say "I don't like their music" which isn't racial at all. I get what you're saying but come on... Please stop. This thread isn't what this is for. Surely we can make a Etcetera thread about it if need to point out that it's an issue?

Last edited:

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
So very much looking forward to another year of the show Geoff! I always enjoy it, even when it doesn't always have the megatons. That year with the Breath of the Wild gameplay was a shocker.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Sega announces Phantasy Star 5, a true RPG sequel to the classic games.

This December 20th marks Phantasy Star's 30th anniversary. The original Phantasy Star released in Japan on December 20, 1987.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Hope you guys enjoy the show. Going to bookmark some of these posts and we can chat on December 8!

Hypothetically, if Rockstar Games are on the judging committee but one of their titles is nominated for an award...would it be a conflict of interest?

Basically I'm just bullshitting around to getting some kind of clue if there's a chance of maybe some new RDR2 footage debuting at the show...lol

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to the show as usual Geoff! I'm sure it will be a nice celebration of our industry!

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
KotOR remake/reboot
Mass Effect HD trilogy
Okami 2
Blade Runner game (Probably by TellTale)

Everything is not ruined by loot boxes and micro transactions.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd really enjoy something big from Capcom. Devil May Cry 5 or Dragon's Dogma 2 would be amazing. Or dare I even say it.... an actual new proper Mega Man game in the vein of Legends. A guy can dream....

Oct 30, 2017
I expect something so probably it's gonna be nothing since I should be expecting the unexpected.

But if I would guess. It's kojima game

Jiro

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
With PSX seeming to be more laid back this year, there is only one man left who can save Christmas, and his name is Geoff Keighley.

Bring on the megatons

1d05e1574f0cfe6bb128569c8bfc17aa.gif

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For real though Geoff said new game announcement. I hope it's Rocksteady's new game and I hope it's a Harry Potter game. Rocksteady's worldbuilding combined with that franchise would be absolutely mindblowing. I said hope, not expecting too, so it's possible! Let me dream!

Jiro

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
For real though Geoff said new game announcement. I hope it's Rocksteady's new game and I hope it's a Harry Potter game. Rocksteady's worldbuilding combined with that franchise would be absolutely mindblowing. I said hope, not expecting too, so it's possible! Let me dream!

I would also be up for Rocksteady's new game!

nothing-stops-this-train.gif

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
I have figured it out, On Easy Allies podcast, they were saying that they won't bet on the TGA as they are on the juror's panel and afterward, they discussed that Reddit leak and analyzed it but didn't mention The World Ends with You 2 at all.

It's happening The World Ends with You 2 with Switch Exclusive announcement at The Game Awards.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
WB games opened a new label called Portkey that is for Harry Potter mobile and console games. They're also based out of the UK so I'd say you're prediction might have more levity than you think

DJMicLuv

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The most unexpected thing I can possibly imagine is Hiroshi Yamauchi rising from the grave and announcing Virtual Boy 2.
So I'm now expecting this to happen.
Which means it won't.