• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
So we're doing some good stuff for you, but definitely manage your expectations in terms of the megaton shocks that you're expecting. This is not The Game Awards. We've got lots of good stuff to show you but buyer beware of some of the crazy rumors I'm seeing out there in terms of things people expect to get announced.

What I would say is that a lot of the games we're going to show you are going to be [already] announced… games are going to show new content to you, like some of the ones I've mentioned," he said.

We've got a couple of new game announcements in the show and hopefully some surprises if everything holds. But it definitely is a show that's primarily focused on stuff that is announced.

Keighley said he expected the show to last "around an hour and a half to two hours", but because of its live setup and many guest appearances, claimed that he wasn't entirely sure.

More in the link

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Your link is broken.

Edit - Fixed. Thank you.

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Yeah, not surprising. That's where they typically seem to pop up for Geoff hosted events anyway. Still excited regardless. Some of the smaller stuff is more exciting than the megatons anyway.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Dang and the game awards usually aren't that good with reveals either.

Velgo

Dec 9, 2021
All due respect to Geoff but I've never thought of the Game Awards as the place for megaton announcements. E3 is still that place for me

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
"we're going to show you are going to be [already] announced… games are going to show new content to you"

Thanks Geoff
I aint watching it then

A2TheP

Host - Insider Gaming / The Weekly Wrap Up
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
That's what happened with me last year and I was disappointed a bit during the show. Nice of him to put this out ahead of time this year, to attempt to manage hype and expectations. Should still be fun either way.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I mean if Geoff has plans to replace E3 then this is no the way. Yes i really miss E3.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
State of play surprised me, but now I expect SGF show to be as lame as the usual SoP.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
The internet right now:

"Bloodborne 2, God of War 3, Gears 6, Halo Infinite Beyond Infinity, Forza Motorsport 8, Gran Turismo 8, Ghost of Tsushima 2, Starfield 2 all confirmed then gotcha Geoff"

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Reveals are often more fun than the games themselves for me, so this is a bummer.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
So no debut of the new Rockstar game, but everything else is on the table?

Expectation managed!

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like priorities are messed up if The Game Awards has bigger reveals and announcements than what is basically the E3 replacement.

Paula B.

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 13, 2021
Rio de Janeiro
Funny this is coming from the same man that always hypes his events way beyond what they're worth it. Anyways, I expect big announcements from E3, not elsewhere.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Internet managing expectations. Good look with that. But its nice he said this (again?) ahead of time, Im excited to see more from already announced stuff (especially if any of that is from Capcom)

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
I'll still watch since there are some games that have been revealed that I want to see more of.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
"Megaton shocks" isn't exactly what comes to mind when I think about the Game Awards in the first place.

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I'm well aware of that, can't wait to watch movie trailers and interviews with actors.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Seems like priorities are messed up if The Game Awards has bigger reveals and announcements than what is basically the E3 replacement.

The people thinking Geoff wants to do his own new E3 are huffing some heavy copium. Geoff would be more than fine to have everything spread out through the year, on events he got a hand on preferably, while capping it off with TGA

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
To be fair, he says to temper expectations every Game Awards as well... its kinda more that he over promises a bit, then wheels it back close to the event most times apart from one or two big reveals here and there and always heavy on e-sports multiplayer stuff

Brando

Oct 25, 2017
The hype man is deflating his own show? Man the recession out here hitting everybody hard.

J-Spot

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't expect much anyway. If there's much in the way of big announcements this month I imagine they'll be at the Microsoft show.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
If Mr. World Premiere is downplaying expectations then you know it's bad.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
... less impressive reveals.. than.. the Game Awards..?

Oof.

Looking forward to the WORLD PREMIERE "Here's what Sonic's shoes look like in Sonic Frontiers" reveal.