• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
"Collusion" isn't a legal term, and "collusion" sounds too soft, which is why the term "collusion" has always sucked.

"Conspiracy" is a crime, but colloquially, people think of 9/11 chemtrails melting steel vaccines to hide JFK's killer, not the actual legal definition of a "conspiracy".

Word choice here is tough.

I still prefer the word treason

The Papadopoulos news just proves the investigation is keeping all of their actual cards hidden. This was super old news for them and are probably sitting on all kinds of bombshells ever since they arrested that guy.

Yeah, this is a very good point. They kept the Papadopoulos news hidden for a long time. We have no idea what they have up their sleeve.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
So he was arrested and plead guilty in July and we are just hearing about it now?

What has he been doing for the last 3 months?
TyL3OJC.gif

Vinci

Oct 29, 2017
Look further back.

I can't pinpoint exactly when, but I think someone at FoxNews has a little compromat of their own. Or did...

The network started selling Putins kind of strong man authoritarianism as a good. While judging Obama as peddling effete diplomacy.

It bred an audience receptive to Trump.
Exactly this. I said this before and I firmly believe it:

Obama broke conservatives. Trump is just a symptom of how badly.

They did NOT know what to do with a black man entering the White House. It warped their worldview dramatically, and is (in my opinion) the reason why conservatism yielded to regressivism, wholesale reality rejection, and hatred.

Oct 25, 2017
Collusion is not illegal is such a disingenous argument. Obviously in this context we're talking collusion to commit some crime, this is merely shorthand to make it understandable to lay people. To then turn it around and say "hah, point to the criminal code regarding collusion" is just embarrassing. Just like conspiracies are not illegal unless there is an unlawful purpose. Sheesh

Dude Abides

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The actual crime involved in "collusion" would be conspiracy to violate the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.

PhoenixDark

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
White House
I was thinking...do we really want Trump gone? Wouldn't it be better to get rid of the support team and leave him there, considering his inability to get things done. What if the next person is more effective?

Whoever comes next will be a lame duck president. Midterm season is a couple months away. Plus a President Pence would have to spend time proving to the American people that he isn't Trump, especially in regards to foreign policy. I'd expect a return to old GOP policy on Russia. Antagonism, sanctions, etc. Pence doesn't solve any of the legislative problems republicans have.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
It's okay, there's no collusion.

Except if there was, then it really isn't a crime anyway.

Except if Hillary did it, in which case it is totally a crime.

Because she worked with Russia. Which we don't like. Except when we do.

hendersonhank

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Collusion isn't even an individual crime. The crime involved here is conspiracy to obtain help from a foreign power to influence a US election. And also Trump's obstruction of justice regarding the first.

Is "obtaining help from a foreign power" a crime, or are you referring to the law against getting "something of value" from "foreign nationals"?

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Even if Pence is clean, he will not have legitimacy. He also has the charisma of a stiff noodle . Trump will hang unto the GOP's neck for the next 8 years (length of time a Democrat will likely have to stay in office of the presidency). It took about that long before Dubya's stink complete went away. Even then there was some residuals (just ask Jeb!).

Last edited:

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
who in Trump's camp is saying collusion isn't illegal? Just jumping in here for the first time today.

Paradox

Oct 28, 2017
Parody and all, but it does bring up the point that, intentionally or otherwise, by simply seeding the idea that someone was maybe wearing a wire in their vicinity is going to make a heck of a lot of people increasingly paranoid/irrational.

You simultaneously want to stop your mentally unstable President from blabbing literally anything, while also knowing your administration is already leaky as is, and now with the added threat of moles and informants. Well played, Mueller.