• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
We are watching the trap slowly closing. It is beautiful. I am more optimistic than ever that Trump is already ensnared in this and that it's just a matter of time now.

Mueller is clearly trying to put as much heat on the Whitehouse to do something stupid as possible. I have no doubt that he wants the big scalp now.

David Fincher for handling the five season TV series about this.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
For those with twitter blocked:
image.png

https://twitter.com/michaelrwarren/status/925021400355794949

Hoo boy

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
Three days after Donald Trump named his campaign foreign policy team in March 2016, the youngest of the new advisers sent an email to seven campaign officials with the subject line: "Meeting with Russian Leadership - Including Putin."

The adviser, George Papadopoulos, offered to set up "a meeting between us and the Russian leadership to discuss US-Russia ties under President Trump," telling them his Russian contacts welcomed the opportunity, according to internal campaign emails read to The Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...bd5460f0d7e_story.html?utm_term=.7e5da671362e

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Papadopoulos Lawyers released a statement. Those last 2 sentences certainly will rattle cages
DNZoYFvX0AEHOYg.jpg

NullPointer

Oct 27, 2017
Mars
Highlights please, can't get CNN right now.
Papadopoulos did nothing illegal or unwarranted except for lying to the FBI. Nothing to do with the campaign even though senior members of the campaign signed off on his activities. Also, no collusion, no obstruction, no concern about this at all.

That's the tack he's taking.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
How normal is that? At face value it definitely sounds like he flipped.

It's very explicit that he flipped. Papadopoulous has already pled guilty. The only reason he would be called by the Court at a later date is to serve as a witness in somebody else's case, and his lawyers are stating explicitly that he'll tell "all of the details" when that happens.

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's very explicit that he flipped. Papadopoulous has already pled guilty. The only reason he would be called by the Court at a later date is to serve as a witness in somebody else's case, and his lawyers are stating explicitly that he'll tell "all of the details" when that happens.
Screen-Shot-2017-10-30-at-12.40.59-PM.png

Yup, pairs nicely with that book deal he's shopping around for.

Taurus Silver

Big ol' Nerd
Oct 29, 2017
]I'm not too familiar with The Daily Beast, but what is up with this article

https://www.thedailybeast.com/putin...ulos-offered-kremlin-meeting?via=twitter_page

Days after becoming a foreign policy advisor for the Trump campaign in 2016,George Papadopoulos started meeting with a woman he believed to be Vladimir "Putin's niece," according to a newly unsealed indictment by special counsel Robert Mueller.

The woman, along with a Kremlin-connected, London-based professor, wanted to help Papadopoulos arrange meetings between representatives of then-candidate Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin. Maybe, the woman said, she could even get the two men to meet face-to- face.

I don't see anyone else reporting the catfishing, so I am guessing its a lie??

BlackAdder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I might be ignorant to the rule of law but this feels like a bigger deal than Manafort... At least in how much it relates to Trump directly and how it supports the story of Russian collusion.

rokninja

Oct 27, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Trump lawyer insists Trump has no plans to fire Mueller.

Edit: Also no plans to pardon anyone.

Yup he's gonna (to attempt to) fire Mueller next week and pardon someone shortly afterwards.

If there's one thing Trump doesn't like doing, it's listening to sound advice soooooooooo

would you show up to this job sober?

If this was my job I'd probably show up drunk AND high, and I don't even smoke or drink.

But I'd have to do something to be able to look at myself in the mirror and not throw up everyday

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I might be ignorant to the rule of law but this feels like a bigger deal than Manafort... At least in how much it relates to Trump directly and how it supports the story of Russian collusion.

It is a much bigger thing. Interesting how People on twitter were already using the line of defense the white house would later throw out. "Unpaid volunteer"

Oct 25, 2017
Trump said in an interview that Papadopoulos was one of his five foreign policy advisers in March 2016. He wasn't a fucking intern like the bots are making him out to be lol

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
It is a much bigger thing. Interesting how People on twitter were already using the line of defense the white house would later throw out. "Unpaid volunteer"

This is a line of defense that a business person would march out. It doesn't work for government. It just goes to show how constitutionally ignorant his legal team is.

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
would you show up to this job sober?

My soul wouldnt allow me to even show up for this job. But yea it really wouldnt surprise me. To push these insane narratives and take part in these extreme cases of cognitive dissonance you would have to be somewhat sociopathic or be compromising even the shittiest of moral compasses. Being in one of those super religious families probably helps alot in both cases.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Also "unpaid volunteers": Paul Manafort, campaign manager
Michael Flynn, campaign adviser, potential VP pick, future National Security Advisor.

Usagi

Oct 25, 2017
the_d really don't know who this guy is. They're all THIS WAS BEFORE MANAFORT JOINED THE CAMPAIGN MAGA LIBS!

id.

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty telling that Trump shut the fuck up on twitter after this shit dropped.

Meanwhile, the_donald is ignoring this completely and hyping up the Podesta news as some sort of grand play.

xbhaskarx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NorCal
The /r/politics thread on this is filled with interesting tidbits...

the_d really don't know who this guy is. They're all THIS WAS BEFORE MANAFORT JOINED THE CAMPAIGN MAGA LIBS!

Isn't that worse, like the Trump campaign was already starting to collude with Russia, and someone (hell maybe even the Russians) was like "You know if we REALLY want to collude with Russia we should just hire Manafort as campaign manager..."