• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
The WH PressSec and the bowels of the internet feed off each other.
image.png

https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/925059535907237888

I love it. No collusion!

Er... wait... No Trump collusion!

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump is definitely going down. Only a matter of time.

I just hope he doesnt do anything crazy with north korea in hopes to distract us.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Trump is confusing collusion with collision. Maybe he's just insisting that he never collided with Putin.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
Trump is definitely going down. Only a matter of time.

Trump will shift from "no collusion", to "so what?" mode. The Republican Congress would probably then prefer to hold the threat of impeachment over his head to force him to agree to all of their demands, than experience the humiliation of removing him. I think the US is stuck with him no matter what. It's not like he would ever resign.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump will shift from "no collusion", to "so what?" mode. The Republican Congress would probably then prefer to hold the threat of impeachment over his head to force him to agree to all of their demands, than experience the humiliation of removing him. I think the US is stuck with him no matter what. It's not like he would ever resign.
I think people on the right are going to start abandoning ship soon. Not his fans and base of course but other politicians that dont want to go down with him. 2018 elections coming up and who wants to be associated as the politician that backed the guy under investigation.

Oct 27, 2017
I think people on the right are going to start abandoning ship soon. Not his fans and base of course but other politicians that dont want to go down with him. 2018 elections coming up and who wants to be associated as the politician that backed the guy under investigation.

I suspect that the GOP won't actually do anything until after midterms. They have to have proof that abandoning Trump is a better bet for their re-elections, than facing the ire of Trump fans

Edit: Well, well... FOX is on the case of these dastardly judges who dare to adjudicate these (non)crimes! There's an added bonus that one judge is related by marriage to the rights' favorite Cuck, Paul Ryan.

(Warning FOX link) http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/30/paul-manafort-judge-who-is-deborah-robinson.html

Last edited:

Skullface

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But it's already amounting to something?

This is year one, and we've already got multiple indictments and the first guilty plea. People need to stop acting as if the fact that Trump wasn't impeached on January 21 means that he's untouchable.

Let me clarify, this will not end the Trump presidency. I'm not saying that as a defender of Trump either. I just don't think this is going to have the impact that folks think it will have. This Mueller investigation hasn't been cheap, and they need something to show for it. It won't be yhe big prize, however.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fairly sure this will amount to next to nothing.
It's so bizarre to live in a world where Trump's campaign manager gets indicted for Conspiracy against the United States and another campaign staffer literally admits to colluding with a hostile foreign government and people think it might lead to nothing.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
How long till one of these guys takes a plea bargain and starts talking?

I may be wrong about this, but this -is- a plea bargain. You never plead guilty unless you get something out of it; why not force them to beat you at trial?

He flipped.

Am I reading these documents right? He's admitted to speaking with the Russian government about getting dirt on Clinton during the campaign?

Isn't yhat the ballgame? Trump's campaign benefitted from treason, start the impeachment proceedings?

Skullface

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's so bizarre to live in a world where Trump's campaign manager gets indicted for Conspiracy against the United States and another campaign staffer literally admits to colluding with a hostile foreign government and people think it might lead to nothing.

I'll say this, my life won't change one bit if the Trump administration goes down or not. I won't be hanging on every headline praying for the worst.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll say this, my life won't change one bit if the Trump administration goes down or not. I won't be hanging on every headline praying for the worst.

Your life will change as a result of who is president. You may not notice it in the moment, but there's no escaping the change that has happened and will happen to society as a result of who is the president.

Skullface

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Praying for the worst means that Trump comes through this unscathed? If so, I'll be praying for the best.

The "worst" in my view would be that Trump conspired with Putin himself to "hack" the election.

Ok...?

I don't get the point of these post.

I can only account for my own thoughts, but what goes through my head is that regardless of the outcome, we all still lose. There seems to be a lot of excitement at the prospect of some very bad news.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The "worst" in my view would be that Trump conspired with Putin himself to "hack" the election.

I can only account for my own thoughts, but what goes through my head is that regardless of the outcome, we all still lose. There seems to be a lot of excitement at the prospect of some very bad news.

We already lost, sticking our head in the sand isn't better. We get better by acknowledging the problem and removing it.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I can only account for my own thoughts, but what goes through my head is that regardless of the outcome, we all still lose. There seems to be a lot of excitement at the prospect of some very bad news
No one hacked anything. Best case scenario is Trump is removed from the White House as well as possible. He's more than just an embarrassment to the US, he's an embarrassment to human beings.

BlackNMild2k1

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Am I reading these documents right? He's admitted to speaking with the Russian government about getting dirt on Clinton during the campaign?

Isn't yhat the ballgame? Trump's campaign benefitted from treason, start the impeachment proceedings?

It's not treason they would be guilty of. It's conspiring to violate election laws by taking a "thing of value" from a foreign national to aide in an electoral campaign.

And from what I read, the "collusion" itself isn't necessarily illegal, it's what you are colluding to do that usually is.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man

Well as someone whose gonna get deported next year, I hope his entire administration goes to jail for the rest of heir lives soon. I think that's the only thing that's gonna allow me to stay here.

Skullface

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No one hacked anything. Best case scenario is Trump is removed from the White House as well as possible. He's more than just an embarrassment to the US, he's an embarrassment to human beings.

Not everyone agrees with the sentiment. I get it, you're embaressed by Trump, and will cheer on every effort to have him removed. But is that what's best for the US? Maybe it is. But I'm not going to claim I have the definitive answer on that subject. My personal feeling is that guilty of some wrong doing or not, his removal would do irreparable damage.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Not everyone agrees with the sentiment. I get it, you're embaressed by Trump, and will cheer on every effort to have him removed. But is that what's best for the US? Maybe it is. But I'm not going to claim I have the definitive answer on that subject. My personal feeling is that guilty of some wrong doing or not, his removal would do irreparable damage.
Of course not everyone agrees with that sentiment. That's kind of the point of sitting on a message forum like this discussing things. That's kind of the reality that he's president.

His removal would probably do damage, but if he is guilty of these sorts of things then his non-removal would also do irreparable damage, especially if Russia knows that he's guilty.

I don't think anyone is hoping and praying that he colluded with Russia. I think people are hoping and praying that the truth is found out and if indeed he did then he is rightfully ousted.

What's best for the US should ultimately figuring out what the fuck happened. Whether that means Trump himself did it or not we now know some shit went down. Some real shit within the campaign.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
You live a fortunate life compared to other Americans.

It goes beyond whatever feelings of embarrassment. Donald's presidency is a complete shit show. What kind of irreparable damage would his removal cause?

Deleted member 8741

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Gonna shoot straight.

This is the exact logic that let's people like Harvey Weinstein and other people who do horrible things get away with it.

"Sure what they did was bad, but think of all the problems it would create if we came forward! Best not to rock the boat."

"You were abused? Sorry, that must suck for you. But what's done is done. Do you really want to drag this out and possibly lose a legal case? Think of your family."

All the while, "Didn't affect me. My personal feelings is that guilty or not it's not worth the hassle."

Honest and hard/damaged > lies and comfort.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
At this point there are really only two possibly assumptions of Trump.

Either he's the dumbest person in the world as almost everyone around him met with every possible Russian they could find at nearly any opportunity and he somehow had no clue.

Or he knew.

In either case I think him being removed is probably a good thing.

LinktothePastGOAT

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Must be nice to live in a world where trump and his policies are not directly impacting you. Where his staying as President won't do as much damage as him being removed.

I'm sure the LGBT community, minorities, those who depend on Obamacare for healthcare, those who don't want to see us goto war with another country and one who has nukes, where the environment matters, etc. would love to be in your shoes to say they're not going to be worse if he stays on.

Skullface

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You live a fortunate life compared to other Americans.

It goes beyond whatever feelings of embarrassment. Donald's presidency is a complete shit show. What kind of irreparable damage would his removal cause?

This is the only part of your statement I feel compelled to address. I'm hardly fortunate. I'm 29 years old and don't make enough money to pay the bills. I have no family to rely on, and have two children that depend on me. I did a lot of damage to my life in years past struggling with addiction. I blame no one for my hardships but myself. Tell me, who exactly am I more fortunate than? I guess Paul Manofort at the moment.

Edit: the heartburn this thread is causing me. I have to leave this thread. Genuinely sorry if I hurt anyone's sensibilities.

Secret Fawful

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Justice is more important than order. Always.

pestul

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand the logic that the investigation is an expensive one and that it won't lead to consequences for Trump. It already did today. It must go on.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Must be nice to live in a world where trump and his policies are not directly impacting you. Where his staying as President won't do as much damage as him being removed.

I'm sure the LGBT community, minorities, those who depend on Obamacare for healthcare, those who don't want to see us goto war with another country and one who has nukes, where the environment matters, etc. would love to be in your shoes to say they're not going to be worse if he stays on.
Unfortunately, most of those will stay the same if Pence becomes president.

Deleted member 8741

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is the only part of your statement I feel compelled to address. I'm hardly fortunate. I'm 29 years old and don't make enough money to pay the bills. I have no family to rely on, and have two children that depend on me. I did a lot of damage to my life in years past struggling with addiction. I blame no one for my hardships but myself. Tell me, who exactly am I more fortunate than? I guess Paul Manofort at the moment.

Edit: the heartburn this thread is causing me. I have to leave this thread. Genuinely sorry if I hurt anyone's sensibilities.

Wish you the best as you try to improve your life. Well done overcoming addiction. Those are no small things to struggle with.

And, I would encourage you to see how many areas of your life still allow you to not worry about the day to day realities that the presidency is incurring on millions (and it will affect you too).

While it's your call to bow out, I would encourage you to recognize that throwing out your opinions and then bowing out when you get pushback is basically just derailing a conversation.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm worried Trump is going to have an early morning temper tantrum and nuke North Korea.

I'm worried his nativist rhetoric becomes Death camps.

The day Donald Trump is ushered out of power is the first day I'll rest easy since this all began.

Whatever legal actions taken to expedite this process are welcome.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He's a guy incapable of consoling the grieving widow of a military member without it turning into LOOK AT ME scenario. If that doesn't embarrass everyone, they're too entrenched in their own partisanship to be of use anyway. And as I'm sure others have said, he's already doing irreparable harm. His removal would only improve things.