• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LinktothePastGOAT

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately, most of those will stay the same if Pence becomes president.

That may be the case but that doesn't mean trump staying in office won't hurt the groups I mentioned more than if he leaves. Pence wouldn't be in shape tiger anything done if trump is kicked out of office.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly expect Pence is caught up in all this. He is the Vice President, heavily involved in the campaign, and lied about his knowledge of Flynn.

Don't expect a Pence presidency
Okay. So a Ryan presidency? Most still stays the same. Most of those points are core Republican points.

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.
Just saw on Fox where they presented the Papadopoulos story and quoted this part of the indictment.

The government notes that the of?cial forwarded defendant email
to another Campaign of?cial (without including defendant PAPADOPOULOS) and stated:
discuss. We need someone to communicate that DT is not doing these trips. It should
be someone low level in the campaign so as not to send any signal.?

BUT only the bit bolded, and presented it as if the campaign had rebuffed the gesture outright, which is not what the full quote implies.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
^yeah I said in the big thread, I didn't believe they were bias before. I just chalked that talk up to politics.

Now, after today....I believe it.

And it's a damn shame.

What's wild is anyone can go and read the actual documents themselves.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
^yeah I said in the big thread, I didn't believe they were bias before. I just chalked that talk up to politics.

Now, after today....I believe it.

Fox News was always biased, but they've got way off the deep end after Trump became the nominee. It's truly astounding the lengths they've gone in the last year.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
Did you miss the phone call recording leak that has Paul Ryan on record about Trump taking Russian money?

There will be no Ryan Presidency
Okay. So you're expecting a situation where Republicans will impeach a president where no Republican will replace him to help enact their agenda?

Oct 25, 2017
Okay. So a Ryan presidency? Most still stays the same. Most of those points are core Republican points.
With their new Messiah gone, republican voters will be immensely demoralized. Plus they hate Ryan at the same time. Ryan will be terrible policy wise, but even then he's limited in what he'll be able to accomplish and there will be an immense democratic wave afterwords.

Trump is uniquely toxic to the foundations of our democracy in a way that Pence and Ryan just aren't.

Oct 25, 2017
Fox News was always biased, but they've got way off the deep end after Trump became the nominee. It's truly astounding the lengths they've gone in the last year.
Look further back.

I can't pinpoint exactly when, but I think someone at FoxNews has a little compromat of their own. Or did...

The network started selling Putins kind of strong man authoritarianism as a good. While judging Obama as peddling effete diplomacy.

It bred an audience receptive to Trump.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Look further back.

I can't pinpoint exactly when, but I think someone at FoxNews has a little compromat of their own. Or did...

The network started selling Putins kind of strong man authoritarianism as a good. While judging Obama as peddling effete diplomacy.

Yeah, their worship of Putin did come a bit earlier and it was fucking bizarre when it was happening so I guess the turning point may actually not be the nomination of Trump. That just highlights the turn.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
Look further back.

I remember this. They practically laid down the red carpet for a proto-fascist candidate and Trump rolled right in. "Moderate" and far right Republicans should be ashamed of themselves for helping to legitimize Fox News as a news organization. It really should be torn down and removed from Television outright.

Oct 25, 2017
Makes me wonder what he got people to say.

Damn... the movie about Stupid Watergate is going to be amazing. Part political thriller part Dumb and Dumber.

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Okay. So you're expecting a situation where Republicans will impeach a president where no Republican will replace him to help enact their agenda?

If Trump goes down because of this there is no way there will not be a new election. If Russia's involvement in the election is proven that's it.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
If this keeps up they should build a Stupid Watergate Prison for all these people.

Let them fight in the yard.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
If Trump goes down because of this there is no way there will not be a new election. If Russia's involvement in the election is proven that's it.

If he goes down, there is absolutely nothing in our Constitution to make a new election take place. It will go down the line of succession and nothing more.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017

There's no real constitutional basis for that, though. They'll go through the line of succession and we'll be in a holding pattern until 2020.

And we're stuck with Gorsuch for the long haul, too...

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DNa5-QwWsAAP9wJ.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
There's no real constitutional basis for that, though. They'll go through the line of succession and we'll be in a holding pattern until 2020.

And we're stuck with Gorsuch for the long haul, too...
Which showcases another problem with our Constitution. Right now, Democrats have no reason to push for impeachment, as the line of succession is just Republican after Republican forever. If the Democrats can get big wins in 2018 on the backs of "the President is a traitor" and they manage to retake the House or Senate, suddenly they're next in line behind Pence (and Ryan if they don't win the House), who might well be caught up in the investigation. If they blow their load now, you get a Republican in office through 2020 guaranteed (not to mention they don't have the votes, but if the evidence becomes so overwhelming that Congressional Republicans look to lose a bunch of seats, Republicans might be the ones to trigger impeachment proceedings just to come out ahead).

hendersonhank

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CNN confirmed that two of the campaign officials Papadopolous was updating with his Russian contact efforts were Manafort and Gates.

So, hmm.

Gates and Manafort facing decades in prison, I wonder if they might be inclined to tell the FBI who else in the campaign knew about these communications with Russia, and these "thousands" of emails damaging to Hillary that were offered? Two things that every single person connected to Trump has spent the last year swearing up and down (sometimes literally, under oath), were "fake news".

The fact that these are the three charged individuals announced today now makes a lot more sense.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
I was thinking...do we really want Trump gone? Wouldn't it be better to get rid of the support team and leave him there, considering his inability to get things done. What if the next person is more effective?

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reading the Transcript of his case he definitely has been doing work for the FBI. He was initially pursued with Perjury and a 2nd charge of Destruction of Evidence. For the plea they only went after him on Perjury

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's actually insane so much of the GOP was "never trump" and now they refuse to throw him under the bus.

If this was Hillary she would have been impeached months ago just for the shit trump is guilty of under the emoluments clause.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking...do we really want Trump gone? Wouldn't it be better to get rid of the support team and leave him there, considering his inability to get things done. What if the next person is more effective?

Pence may or may not be the next person, depending upon if he gets taken down by Mueller, which at this point isn't as unlikely as it used to be. But even so, just taking Trump down depresses turnout and literally tears the GOP apart. Even if Mueller doesn't get Pence, the after-effects of all this happening ruins the GOP for the next 4 years, minimum. Pence could (maybe) get get more done, but every step of the way, Trump will hang over them like a cloud. Every single Republican has backed Trump, and even if some are backing away from him now (Corker, Flake), they still stood next to him as a show of unity to get his base, against the Evil Democrats.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
The movie should be a dark comedy it's the only way the assholes that voted these idiots in would be able to sit through it without feeling ashamed and uncomfortable.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not so sure Pence is clean. If Trump Resigns, I would almost guarantee Pence would be strongly encouraged to resign as well by his own party.