• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
I missed the point?
They craigslisted the dog, and even lied about its health, and sold it at a discount rate, to cover a city dog tax, as far as I can tell. If they could not afford to take care of a dog is one thing. If they owed an unpaid bill to the city, but could actually afford to care for the pet, that's different. So it's a rule violation and an economic issue and nothing to do with the welfare of the animal.
You quoted me and claimed I'd support it.

I clearly said that all those costs are important to be able to cover BUT that its not reasonable to take away the dog because of one aspect that was not covered temporary for a couple of times.

Instead its important to support such families and help them to cover the costs temporary,

If its long term then one should question if the family is really capable to support and maintain a dog on long term (yet a system needs to help them.

Pugs are incredible unhealthy breeds. If you buy a pug you know it will have health issues. Be it nose, heart, lungs, eyes or any other organ. That breed is incredibly prone to health issues. It could have been that the dog was without symptoms before (if not the family didnt take him to the vet which would indicate that they cant take care of the dog), the stress of the move put him under so much pressure that he ended up developing health problems.

Last edited:

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
You quoted me and claimed I'd support it.

I clearly said that all those costs are important to be able to cover BUT that its not reasonable to take away the dog because of one aspect that was not covered temporary for a couple of times.

Instead its important to support such families and help them to cover the costs temporary,

If its long term then one should question if the family is really capable to support and maintain a dog on long term (yet a system needs to help them).
the 'yourself' was referring to the city. and I'm not sure how "important" those costs are since they seem to operate at a profit, and other countries don't think the dog tax is as necessary.

my support goes to a stuggling family before it goes to city debt collectors confiscating property to pay a tax.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
the 'yourself' was referring to the city. and I'm not sure how "important" those costs are since they seem to operate at a profit, and other countries don't think the dog tax is as necessary.

my support goes to a stuggling family before it goes to city debt collectors confiscating property to pay a tax.
If you cant afford dog tax, then you cant afford dog insurance. If you cant afford dog insurance, then you cant afford vet care. If you cant cover regulare vet expenses ypu infect other dogs with diseases. Also its questionable if you can afford dog food.

Im all for supporting families to keep their pets, for temporary problems there are short term solutions provided by shelters and rescues which need to be improved further but if the family has already used up all resources then there is sadly not much one can do.

If they cant cover the costs of a pet long term, then the pet might be better off in someone elses home. For its own well being.

If you cant even cover dog tax, how do you want to pay 2.000 $ vet bill?

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
so if you can't afford dog tax, you probably can't afford a dog.

ok germany, well played.