• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
**Evolving Stars Event**
Wed Oct 5 at 10am, to Tues Oct 11 at 8pm

- Evolve Cosmog for 25 candy. More opportunities to get Cosmog later.
- Wild Spawns: Kakuna, Pidgeotto, Poliwhirl, Kadabra, Haunter, Rhyhorn, Seadra, Scyther, Eevee, Swinub, Ralts, Duskull, Tynamo, Litwick, Helioptile
- Field Research: Stardust, Evo items, Mega energy
- 4 Collection Challenges for more Evo items
- GBL Evolution Cup

**Raids**
- Sept 27 to Oct 8: Yveltal & Mega Lopunny
- Oct 8 to Oct 20: Xerneas & Mega Manectric

**Mega Gyarados Raid Day**
Sat Oct 8, from 2pm to 5pm
- 5 extra daily Raid Passes
- Bonus shiny chance for Gyarados

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
The evolved forms in the wild is going to make this a great opportunity to use up some star pieces and make bulk stardust.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Maybe now I can finally get a metal coat so I can evolve my Onyx into Steelix.

1% chance of getting an evo item at a PokeStop (which I think is then divided among 5 different items) is absolutely ridiculous.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Maybe now I can finally get a metal coat so I can evolve my Onyx into Steelix.

1% chance of getting an evo item at a PokeStop (which I think is then divided among 5 different items) is absolutely ridiculous.
You get a guaranteed evolution item from your 7 day pokestop streak.

I'm constantly throwing them away having 20+ of each.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
One of the worst events in recent memory-- wild spawns are composed of non-shiny eligible pokemon and community day repeats, and a raid day featuring an old mega pokemon (and one everyone and their grandmother has a few dozen shinies of).

Evolving cosmog is nice because Niantic said we'll be able to get more (eventually in the "far future"), but otherwise such a disheartening waste of a week if it drowns out most seasonal/normal spawns like usual.

You get shiny Xerneas, if you want to bother with that grind, though. Also good for getting some extra dust. Several 2nd stage pokemon spawning, and a Haunter spotlight hour that you can really capitalize on with a couple star pieces.