• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the first 2 episodes. This is fucking Baki. So satisfying to see the brutality and violence of the manga brought to life. I enjoyed the first animated series a ton, but found it to be very tame after reading the source material. Can't wait for the next episode!

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Come on Netflix, put up the original episodes of the first two series to catch people up.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure whether I want to watch it as it airs or wait till Netflix gets it in the US. I admit I wish Netflix would work out a deal to get the episodes as they air even if there is a delay.

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Watched Ep 3: This shit is so fucking stupid and I LOVE IT.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Baki gives me almost the same feeling as JoJo's Bizarre Adventure does and that's why it's so good.

It's just this unpretentious and unironic sequence of fucked up events that are either frightening or hilarious and it's all amazing

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I've watched 3 episodes and it's awesome. Very accurate to the manga, completely uncensored, very fun.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Watched episodes 1 to 6. The fights are so bullshit so far I love it.

Last edited:

Ombra

Jan 22, 2018
How the fuck did I miss this? Grappler Baki is my shit (Endorphines!) I'm going to binge watch the new stuff I'm mad at myself for missing this thread :(

Hype! Netflix is not playing around. Hopefully this trend classic resurrection continues. Where are you Golgo 13, and Guyver?

Hopefully the Chinese market is paying attention because I got into Grappler because my love for Jademan comics. I'm sure a series based off their old stable I.e. Dragon Tiger Gate, A Man Called Hero would find success in the medium.

How is it possible everything you mentioned happen to be some of my top favorite titles of all time? You're like my taste doppleganger, and that makes you awesome.

Last edited:

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
This adaptation is fucking awesome so far. Watching it with brother who didn't read the manga has been really entertaining. I've been waiting years to see this shit brought to life.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok I've caved and finally watched the first six episodes. This show could be a huge hit for Netflix once it arrives in the US in a few months. I feel we hear so much about people complaining about Anime like those from the 80's and 90's and well this show is right up their alleys. That and the fact its got that Jojo's Bizarre Adventure level of outlandishness and insanity will help as well. The meme's write themselves.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have to say not only is great to get a new Baki anime but have it actually match the look of the manga and be well animated at the same time. The show actually looks really good and brings the manga to life.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say not only is great to get a new Baki anime but have it actually match the look of the manga and be well animated at the same time. The show actually looks really good and brings the manga to life.
That's one of the cool things about this adaptation that I'm really digging. I love seeing these character designs more closely resemble the manga. Itagaki's style over the years has really grown on me. This new anime just looks so much better than the original anime series, while staying very true to the source material.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
The fight in today's episode looked pretty rough with all that CGI :/

Still enjoying the series apart from that though.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
thing is a masterpiece. can anyone recommend the old Baki anime series? I only started with that one and even though I don't know anything about it I enjoy it.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
The problem with the old series is that it doesnt follow the manga closely, IMHO starting with young Baki was a huge mistake. and there are several scenes never adapted.

So far with the new series the only scene I'm missing is
Doppo visiting the "doctor"

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'd make any more series after this one but I don't know how well received this one has been. I'd love to see them at least cover up to Biscuit Oliva though it'd be amazing to see Pickle.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'd make any more series after this one but I don't know how well received this one has been. I'd love to see them at least cover up to Biscuit Oliva though it'd be amazing to see Pickle.
I really want to see the Chinese Tournament and Pickle. I hope this series is successful enough to warrant adapting the other arcs.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do I need to watch the previous animes/read the manga before digging through this Netflix adaptation ?

immortal-joe

Oct 25, 2017
As I said in the other Baki thread that just popped up: Season 2 of the old anime is one long tournament arc, and it stands toe-to-toe with the Dark Tournament from Yu Yu Hakusho thanks to its unpredictable madness. The animation is dated but works well enough to sell the impact of the hits.

immortal-joe

Oct 25, 2017
Doppo is less stressed looking for a dude to reattach his severed hand than I was when my phone's screen cracked and I needed a dude to replace it.