• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
If you plea guilty to a crime, let's say it is a Misdemeanor 2 crime, but after you plea guilty the charge is listed as a Misdemeanor 1 on the final Disposition. All punishments given in court adhere to the Misdemeanor 2 crime except for one punishment that you find out about later down the road. When asked why they raised up this singular punishment, they state because it was filed as a Misdemeanor 1.

How would you go about fixing this issue? If it makes it easier let's assume you plea guilty to a crime for a Misdemeanor and then after you plea guilty, they filed it as a felony despite that not being what you were to plea guilty to.

How do you get a charge that was improperly filed as higher than it was AFTER you already plea guilty changed back to where it should have been?

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Well I'm curios where this thread will go.

Sorry OP. I can only tell you how to deal with a lien on your property.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the weak and the wounded
91I+RmNhqdL._RI_.jpg
Its the Only way OP.

Rudolph

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado by way of Louisiana
For fools. Just like those who talk to police without a lawyer.

OT (comment hit a nerve) I mean your right but in my defense it would have definitely been worse if I tried to fight my misdemeanor I'm black in a conservative city man.

I mean shit I had to do the all alcohol classes and what I learned was that the white people that got pulled over for full DUIs where picked up by a friend. I had a DWAI for my first offense and they put my ass in jail for 3 days. You can't just say someones a fool because the rules work for you a different way than they do for other people.

Raven117

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Free legal advice on Reset...surely, this is a great idea.

FeliciaFelix

Oct 27, 2017
The sort of thinking that makes making a thread on a random site seem like a good idea... is why you got into the mess in the first place.

Short answer: get a lawyer
Long answer: get a lawyer you dense idiot

m23

Oct 25, 2017
OT (comment hit a nerve) I mean your right but in my defense it would have definitely been worse if I tried to fight my misdemeanor I'm black in a conservative city man.

I mean shit I had to do the all alcohol classes and what I learned was that the white people that got pulled over for full DUIs where picked up by a friend. I had a DWAI for my first offense and they put my ass in jail for 3 days. You can't just say someones a fool because the rules work for you a different way than they do for other people.

I wouldn't pay attention to that poster. They have shown a lack of basic understanding of law and reality in many threads related to these types of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.