• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Routinely have a problem with that crap whenever I'm on mobile data, does happen on WiFi, really annoying waste of bandwidth.
You can post reports of browser hijacking in the Ad reporting thread in the announcements section of the forums.
There is a thread for reporting bad ads.

www.resetera.com

The Ad Reporting Thread

Hi all, Ads are how we're able to keep the lights on here at ResetEra and we've made it our mission to provide you with a pleasant browsing experience by partnering with agencies that focus on delivering good ads. The unfortunate reality of the online ad industry however is that it's really a...
Yeah, that's been going on for ages for this problem and nothing seems to be been done about it.

Treasure Silvergun

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 4, 2017
People are getting these NOW? Old site and Era are pretty much the only sites on the Internet I'd get this shit so regularly on mobile, I was basically forced to use another browser. Been happening on Era since at least spring 2018 and only got worse with time.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Over the last two weeks I've lost countless posts because of this intrusive shit and I just use era less. I don't mind the banners at all, but these full screen ads that don't let me click the page anymore are terrible. And one was for Bibles? That was so odd.

Deleted member 14313

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Use an ad blocker, if you are on Chrome mobile and it still doesn't allow ad blockers move to some other browser (eg Firefox). Don't just put up with bullshit.

Oct 28, 2017
Use an ad blocker, if you are on Chrome mobile and it still doesn't allow ad blockers move to some other browser (eg Firefox). Don't just put up with bullshit.

We're not putting up with bullshit. We're asking the people running the site kindly to make these ads go away.

I use Chrome. I'm not going to stop. I'd just stop using Era and that would be disappointing.

DonnieTC

Apr 10, 2019
Same here. Literal full screen ads where I have to close the entire tab, multiple times a day. Honesty this is the only site I regularly visit that has this and makes this site seem super sketchy. It's been going on for months (the frequency fluctuates), whoever is in charge of running the ads on this site needs to do better.

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I just realized....

The reason why we are seeing ads hijacking our current tabs, is because we are non-subscribers. Subscribers to ERA Clear Ads Removal will get rid of this.

Cat Dad

Oct 25, 2017
Or you can use an ad blocker if you don't wish to pay until this issue is resolved.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
The mobile browsing experience this whole week has been abyssmal. I have opted not to visit the site at all if I only have my phone at hand.

Turnbuckle

Oct 27, 2017
Kalamazoo, Michigan
I just realized....

The reason why we are seeing ads hijacking our current tabs, is because we are non-subscribers. Subscribers to ERA Clear Ads Removal will get rid of this.

I imagine mods/admins have ads disabled for themselves, making them less aware at how bad this issue is.

I've tried replying here half a dozen times this morning and keep getting redirected to ads partway through. So posting now before it happens again

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Yeah this has been going on again. Seems to happen every few months or so

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They've been getting worse by the day, the mobile site is nearly unusable at this point.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I don't even get ERA's main page loaded before the redirect ad kicks in. Switch your trash ass ad provider.

Nov 9, 2017
Sometimes I can't even post to this site on my mobile phone because everything is so slow from all of the invasive BS running in the background.

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's terrible. Started fulltime for me about 2 weeks ago. Can't browse on work PC so I'm pretty close to bailing.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just realized....

lol i know it's a joke, but today was so bad that I don't wanna browse Era anymore and rather go to Reddit for some stuff today.

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
Good to know my phone isn't infected. Yeah this has been happening to me a ton the last few days, and today especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.