• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil and Russia are also included. Charts are based on retail sales and revenue.

A special cross-platform evaluation undertaken by GfK Entertainment for 17 countries has provided the answer to this question and turned up two absolute favourites: "FIFA 19" and "New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe". The football simulation kicked its way to the top of the half-yearly charts in the Benelux countries, Denmark, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden and the UK, whereas the remastered version of the classical platform game was the most popular in Austria, France, Germany and Switzerland.
games_hj01_2019.jpg

Last edited:

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Glad to see Days Gone here
Too bad Sony didn't provide any numbers

Oct 27, 2017
Instead of the obvious success of FIFA or even RDR2, Days Gone is the number one highlight for me here, it's the only exclusive with Mario, and also the only new IP in that list.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
so much for NSMBU being an unnecessary port, hm?

they need to bring SM3DW to Switch.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
And people wondered why Nintendo charged full price for NSMBU Deluxe.

If a game was on the Wii U, for all intents and purposes it didn't exist.

Tamazoid

Oct 28, 2017
And people wondered why Nintendo charged full price for NSMBU Deluxe.

I think it's more the bizarre stigma 2D platformers have. Because of the breadth of indie games on the market that are in the genre, people are of the impression they naturally shouldn't be full price.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017

Not that the 8 million units of Mario Kart 8 for Wii U are not impressive considering the low amount of Wii U owners but I remember the "all the people who wanted to play Mario Kart 8 already did that on the Wii U" comments before the Switch launch. And when I see that MK8 Deluxe is approaching 18 million units sold and it doesn't show any signs of slowing down I can only laugh about it.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand why is isn't coming this holiday season. What does Nintendo have for the end of the year?

These are all the Nintendo Published games for the rest of the year...

Astral chain- August
Darmon x machina - September
Zelda links Awakening - September
Dragon quest 11 switch ver - September
Luigi's Mansion 3 - October
Pokemon sword and shield - November

All coming out each month between now and November ...maybe they'll announce something for December lol ( pikmin 3 pls)

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
NSMBUDX is maybe the best 2D Mario ever, absolutely deserves the sales.

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
I wish the rest of Europe would be bundled together so we'd have some numbers from here to.
And I love how Brazil is chilling here in EU somewhere apparently. (Yes I have read the OP, it's still funny to me)
Had no idea KH3 was so popular in Spain tho!