• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No one managed to save the original video?

He's been anti-SJW since Firewatch review ("I'm glad that Firewatch doesn't have any sort of PC agenda...it's really refreshing to play a game with no political message or agenda").

Or it could go even further, but that's when his politics stuck out to me.

so a alt-right shithead manufacturing a controversy where there is none. Again. So predictable.

Take5GiantSteps

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
I'm sure Mike Ybarra loves this dude!

Streamer reviews should never be taken at face value.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I DO think his take was a bad read on the story of Firewatch because there are a lot of political undertones to the story and I very much liked that about it. But that doesn't make him Anti-SJW, and it's nowhere near the level of him being Alt-Right.
You sure about that?
78fslSK.jpg

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
The guy didn't comply with the EA Game Changers requirements and had to take the video down to fix it.

I wonder if all any of the people jumping to conclusions will admit they were wrong...

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
GGman or whatever is an sjw hating fuckhead. He doesn't deserve this or any other thread made about him. Let him and his alt-right buddies jerk each other off in the corner.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This world in which we pay people to play our games to try and convince other people to buy our games because we think the majority of people are literally 'followers' is so fucking weird.

SO FUCKING WEIRD.

(Using 'we' as in, game developers)

To be fair, people also actually buy and play games like anthem. They probably have a point.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Good on gggmanlives for revealing this. It's easy to call out a influencer-deal when you see one but this guy stuck to his integrity and EA looks like scum again. Good on them.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Ggg is a fucking piece of shit gamergater and has been for years. The fact that he has Stan's here who aren't banned is insane.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
EA dealing with a scumbag like this is the real fuck up. Don't give people a chance like this to succeed you fucking idiots.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
One thing that I personally see as a big NO thing, is that the video is titled as Review. As far as I know, sponsored content and reviews cause massive conflict of interest issues. Something everybody wants to avoid. On Battlefield and Battlefront, for example, we do not do sponsored reviews, ever.

But I do not know the background behind this particular case, sorry.

That sounds likely, a paid review is no review.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For inadvertently revealing the bullshit that is an EA shill program? Hell no.

I never typed that. What is it with people shoving words in your mouth when there is literally a post two posts above mine which reveals a compelling reason why someone would think this person is an utterly shitacular person?

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I never typed that. What is it with people shoving words in your mouth when there is literally a post two posts above mine which reveals a compelling reason why someone would think this person is an utterly shitacular person?
Why are you saying it as if I'm putting words in your mouth? I'm not, I'm just saying why I think you are wrong.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
This is what Epic games wants as well. Only developers can eventually give them a percentage of sales for pushing their game.

It's scummy and dishonest.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Nah, there's a pretty big issue with paying people to ignore faults in bad games and put out high-scores that get added to the general mix. If you make a shit game and pay people to review it well so that others are duped, go fuck yourself - honestly. Stick to your standard promo-videos, page takeovers and MPU's. By all means pay people to give a shit at all about your game, but that should be the extent of it.

The practice should be rejected at every turn, and this circumstance - if played out as described - perfectly highlights why.

Sponsored reviews won't get counted by Metacritic or Opencritic.

Ok, so this guy posted a review with a disclaimer saying it was part of the Game Changers program, which suggests he's being sponsored to review the game, which might give EA a bad rep. So EA took it down because that's not what the program is about.

Did I understand this correctly?

This is the most likely answer. AFAIK, Game Changers doesn't do reviews, so if this was labeled as a sponsored review it might have caused issues. Just a guess though.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
If discussion about gggmanlives as a Game Changer is suddenly not allowed because you spontaneously realized he is a bigot, why don't you change the OP then, or close the thread.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I've been skeptical about the guy even before. But right now, I'm not gonna even entertain the thought of believing his side of the story. That it was all about him being "honest" about the game. He probably has an axe to grind with EA and wanted to cause controversy so he framed them as the bad guys, EA is easy fucking target (not entirely without a reason). And will definitely get you more followers/subs.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Sponsored reviews won't get counted by Metacritic or Opencritic.
Still have eyebrows raised over the Gamechangers program and what exactly was the issue with the video, irritating that it's come to light this is attached to an asshole. That certainly helps keep the aggregates clean though, so thank you for the info. As it does happen to be tied to an asshole though, his side is even more muddied than before.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Because it's still not clear, as SkillUp says here. There is another Anthem Gamechangers video (A positive one may I add) still up on Gggmanlives' channel with the exact same disclosure as what was in his review and Lee hasn't clarified exactly why this video, despite having the same disclosure, was asked to be removed because it didn't meet disclosure requirements.

Edit: I accidentally created a threadmark when I was messing around with it to see what it is, how does one delete a threadmark they created?
Edit 2: How did I actually create the threadmark in the first place. It's not the most user-friendly system to figure out lol :(

Lol, as if the streisand effect wasn't what GGGman and SkillUp wanted from the beginning. This entire thing is an opportunity for them to build their base among the angry gamer EA BAD youtube crowd by fighting against the big bad company trying to silence them.

The takedown over disclosing the gamechangers program is a simple and easy way for GGGman to get back his 'cred' after his own community turned on him for a positive anthem preview (think about where we are when that is what happens), and SkillUp can make some more clickbaity thumbnail videos about this entire situation.