• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hating EA is way more important than fighting bigots, of course!
EA is associating with bigots and paying them to be part of their platform promoting games. How is this not on EA and their awful gamechangers program?

It's not like they took the video down or "blacklisted" him over his shitty views (just due to some disclosure technicality he decided to start some drama about), that apparently have been known for quite a while.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This thread is a real ride man.

I am fine with paid content as long as I know it's paid content and if EA just wanted to clarify that it was paid content then no foul.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
EA's dumb af for this shit program.
Gggmanlives is also a proper shithead.

Boom.
The program lets them get the game into the hands of people who are interested in making content for it - videos, previews, cosplay, etc... while ensuring that their participation in it IS FULLY DISCLOSED... Isn't that what people want? This is literally a program that DOES NOT PAY PEOPLE, only provides them with the game or access to it - and requires you to mention every bit of your involvement in it.

This is exactly the kind of thing people have asked for in the past - transparent disclosure. People even got in trouble during the Apex Legends launch for forgetting to put the disclosure hashtag on their tweets about being at the early sessions. The program's a positive, they might want to make sure they check out the backgrounds of people they accept though...

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Is this a summary of how things unfolded? The last page has confused me.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The program lets them get the game into the hands of people who are interested in making content for it - videos, previews, cosplay, etc... while ensuring that their participation in it IS FULLY DISCLOSED... Isn't that what people want? This is literally a program that DOES NOT PAY PEOPLE, only provides them with the game or access to it - and requires you to mention every bit of your involvement in it.

This is exactly the kind of thing people have asked for in the past - transparent disclosure. People even got in trouble during the Apex Legends launch for forgetting to put the disclosure hashtag on their tweets about being at the early sessions. The program's a positive, they might want to make sure they check out the backgrounds of people they accept though...

The problem seems to be he put it out as a review. The original upload did fully disclose it was made possible by EA Game Changers.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway

I mean you have to disclose it or you get smacked by the FTC.
I'm pretty sure various marketing departments would love to not have that requirement.

The best thing would be to not influence the "influencers" (oh how much I hate that word) at all.

Conclusion

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Update (2/22/2019): EA has shared additional information with GameDaily related to the Gggmanlives Anthem video and the allegations that EA had it removed for negative content. EA runs two separate programs for influencer and content creator videos. Game Changers is the unpaid program (that will cover expenses to EA events), but as we know from the Apex Legends launch, EA also does directly sponsor influencers to generate content.

There are two separate watermarks that are used in these instances. For Game Changers, the watermark says, "Presented by Game Changers." That's the watermark Gggmanlives used in the past and told GameDaily was present on his original video (before it was re-uploaded). The other watermark, used when there's a sponsored content agreement and money changes hands is "Sponsored by EA."

EA has confirmed to GameDaily that it specifically requested that Gggmanlives replace the "Presented by Game Changers" watermark on the video with the one that reflects sponsorship, because that was the relationship for this content. He previously published another video from an event EA hosted in Tokyo with the Game Changers watermark that he says met EA's approval.

In a conversation on Twitter via direct message, Gggmanlives confirmed to me that he did receive compensation for this video, but claims it was under the Game Changers program (which EA told GameDaily in a comment earlier does not support review videos). As stated in the original story below, EA does not typically pay Game Changers more than a small stipend for incidentals when flying them out to events.

Gggmanlives has also tempered his assertion that EA has definitely blacklisted him. "I assume that relationship is severed now," he told me.

In his re-uploaded video and in a tweet pre-dating the re-upload, Gggmanlives is confident EA has blacklisted him. "I had to re-edit my original review for Anthem, because it was deemed too negative," he says. "And I guess on top of that, I've been added to the long list of blacklisted YouTubers."

Gggmanlives declined to share the contract he signed related to the videos or his correspondence with an EA PR representative in which he says that he was told to remove the video for its contents.

More here.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Soooooooo dude put the wrong labeling on his stuff but instead of just correcting it uses it stoke the flames of the EA SILENCING YOUTUBERS GAMERS RISE UP crowd.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why isn't his preview taken down as well? It says EA Game Changers, not sponsored by EA, which EA claims is the relationship.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
Dude was lying then?

Good to know. I personally don't have an issue with sponsored content if this kind so long as it is both disclosed and not not directly controlled by the company.

Hopefully people will get the correction that this dude is a liar trying to cover his ass and won't run with the narrative that EA is silencing reviews.

kingPaPi

Mar 28, 2018
Nyc/LA
I watched the orginal video when it dropped, and I'm pretty sure he mentioned the video was sponsored and the game was giving to him by ea.

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
EA has confirmed to GameDaily that it specifically requested that Gggmanlives replace the "Presented by Game Changers" watermark on the video with the one that reflects sponsorship, because that was the relationship for this content.

Wait, so they definitely were paying him for a review? Or have I read that wrong?

Seems the guy is either a complete bullshitter or has massively overreacted here too. Message of this story, don't trust influencers or the companies paying them.

Nov 19, 2017
Another thread demonstrating gamers ain't shit. They damage gaming for me more than any corporation. Bigotry, uncritical thinking and the delusional belief of their persecution.
No surprise how this played out.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Glad the web could be untangled. Watermarks.

There are two separate watermarks that are used in these instances. For Game Changers, the watermark says, "Presented by Game Changers." That's the watermark Gggmanlives used in the past and told GameDaily was present on his original video (before it was re-uploaded). The other watermark, used when there's a sponsored content agreement and money changes hands is "Sponsored by EA."

EA has confirmed to GameDaily that it specifically requested that Gggmanlives replace the "Presented by Game Changers" watermark on the video with the one that reflects sponsorship, because that was the relationship for this content. He previously published another video from an event EA hosted in Tokyo with the Game Changers watermark that he says met EA's approval.

In a conversation on Twitter via direct message, Gggmanlives confirmed to me that he did receive compensation for this video, but claims it was under the Game Changers program (which EA told GameDaily in a comment earlier does not support review videos). As stated in the original story below, EA does not typically pay Game Changers more than a small stipend for incidentals when flying them out to events.

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
I can see him being confused and using the wrong watermark the first time around, but surely he wasn't genuinely flabbergasted by EA's request to change it? Unless EA is just that bad at communicating

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Cs0DCrO.jpg

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
people tried to make it so EA put down a "bad" review of Anthem, when in reality the problem was that this dude never disclosed he was given the game by EA themselves
So did SkillUp every clarify himself since I see a few pages back he was in "just asking questions" mode, while claiming EA unjustly took down his video?

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
So he threw a fit because they asked him to disclose he was paid for content. Honestly I really hope they actually blacklist this prick seeing he's a dick.

I dislike the game but EA did nothing wrong here for once

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Well that's shocking. Turns out gamergate isn't about ethics in videogames journalism.

I tweeted out the image from this thread tonight, showing his fairly recent homophobic and sexist "evil feminist" tweets, in response to the string between him and the guy from EA.

Gggmanlives replied to me, saying something like, "Imagine cherry picking old tweets to find something negative."

My mentions were immediately bombarded by what GamerGate goons, calling me a fag, cuck, autistic, etc.

These are sad, little people.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I tweeted out the image from this thread tonight, showing his fairly recent homophobic and sexist "evil feminist" tweets, in response to the string between him and the guy from EA.

Gggmanlives replied to me, saying something like, "Imagine cherry picking old tweets to find something negative."

My mentions were immediately bombarded by what GamerGate goons, calling me a fag, cuck, autistic, etc.

Notice he doesn't apologise or walk back his bigoted beliefs, he still holds to them so really the age of the tweets got no relevance.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Notice he doesn't apologise or walk back his bigoted beliefs, he still holds to them so really the age of the tweets got no relevance.

Yep. The response wasn't, "I've changed since two years ago. I was an asshole and I'm sorry."

It was, "What kind of person looks at old tweets?"

Listen, we all have something on the internet we regret. There's probably a forum that I said a homophobic slur on back when I was a teenager in the early 2000s because I was a stupid child who didn't understand that words do matter. But if you're a grown ass adult who was saying that shit within the last couple years, you need to look at yourself a bit.

Oct 25, 2017

And to think, there was a guy here a page or two back swearing up and down that this dude was not political and definitely not in a GG crowd. As soon as you actually dig up his shit, the attack dogs get sent out with his GG whistle. Wonder if that poster will come back and acknowledge the receipts he was so desperately looking for.

Sorry to hear you are being harassed, you don't deserve that.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
And to think, there was a guy here a page or two back swearing up and down that this dude was not political and definitely not in a GG crowd. As soon as you actually dig up his shit, the attack dogs get sent out with his GG whistle. Wonder if that poster will come back and acknowledge the receipts he was so desperately looking for.

No worries. It's always the same: 90% anonymous people on Twitter who don't even use their real first names. With cartoon or video game profile pictures.

I know that none of them speak like that to people in real life. Anonymity gives them a backbone that isn't really there.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK

I wonder too if ShadowAUS has changed his tune about Gggmanlives.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
The first pages are embarassing, people quickly jumping at EA throat and calling them evil company when they did the right thin. ERA sided with this guy only because: "HE SAID THE TRUTH".

Congratz ERA for your usual outrage.

Last edited:

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For inadvertently revealing the bullshit that is an EA shill program? Hell no.
Revealing what now lmao
You do know that the program literally tells you upfront what it is, right? He didn't reveal shit rofl.
Dudes a piece of shit gamergater that tried to manufacture controversy and get all the clicks from brainless morons willing to join in

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Well, damn, I liked the guy's vids and it's sad to hear he is a GGer (which considering his alias makes sense) and a shill.
Sorry man, but you got what you had coming.

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
what an utterly pointless and self destructive way of destroying your relationship with a publisher.