• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
wccftech.com

Ghost of Tsushima Standalone Expansion Ghost of Ikishima to Launch This Year - Rumor

According to rumors circulating online, a Ghost of Tsushima standalone expansion called Ghost of Ikishima is targeting a 2021 release
A Ghost of Tsushima standalone expansion called Ghost of Ikishima is currently in development, according to rumors circulating online.

XboxERA co-founder Shpeshal_Nick, who proved to be reliable in the past, revealed today that this standalone expansion in the vein of Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Uncharted: Lost Legacy is targeting a 2021 release. The leaker hasn't mentioned any platform, but it is likely this will be a cross-gen release, which is not surprising considering the main game launched on PlayStation 4. ResetERA forums member KatharsisT also added that it is going to be a single-player expansion.

Minions

Oct 25, 2017
All aboard the hype train. Day one. No brainer if you are Sony to greenlight this.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
XboxERA co-founder Shpeshal_Nick, who proved to be reliable in the past

Daenerys-Targaryen.jpg

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
The archipelago of Ikishima is considerably smaller than Tsushima, but that makes sense since it's a DLC and smaller maps are honestly more fun to navigate and explore. Very excited to see the reveal trailer.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
I hope this expansion-size sequels between main releases thing becomes the norm in Sony Game Studios (and already kinda is). Great way to fill the gaps, and sometimes with better results than the game it expands from.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
While this makes sense since Sucker Punch pioneered the whole standalone expansion thing for Sony... It's Ed, so I want to say it's not true just because, even if he's parroting someone else.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
For me it was probably my favourite games of last year after TLoU2.

Keep meaning to replay it on PS5 to get that sweet 60fps so if I can get some more SP content as well that would be fantastic.

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
Smart idea from Sony especially considering how well Miles was done.

I do wonder if its PS5 only though like FF7R:I and how much they will charge.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Hope it has a native ps5 version with improvements and dualsense support.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
I'm here for this. Also, wish TLOU2 Dark Sides was real as well. Love the idea of these standalone expansions becoming their own semi-sequel titles between the big releases.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I wondered how long will it take the thread about this to be made. Thats pretty neat. I wonder if it will include Legends mode in it with potentially new Ikishima levels.

I'll point out here like I did in the First Party thread, that I think we now can finally really say what was Sony's plan for PS5.
In essence it was to have a game out there for each of their own huge PS4 franchises (except for Uncharted) out there in the first year of the PS5 (before covid delayed a few key releases):
Miles Morales for Spider-Man
New full Ratchet & Clank sequel
New full Horizon sequel
New full God of War sequel
An all new Gran Turismo
Ikishima as Ghost standalone
TLOU Remake and Factions for The Last of Us Franchise (hard to tell when are those actually targeting, but if Jason is correct, then at least Factions was very likely supposed to release this year )
Death Stranding getting an expanded rerelease on PS5
Demon's Souls Remake for the souls fanbase
Sackboy as an LBP spin off
And then we also have two new IPs as well, Returnal and Destruction Allstars.
Of course there are also all the other Third Party projects, but I kept this to a First Part focus, also, this list is just massive.

The idea was to get the entire PS4 exclusive player base interested in getting a PS5 as quickly as possible by getting rid of all "obligations" quickly. This also of course helps the team get ground on their own next big PS5 release by establishing the tech and so on and will in turn help in the next big game. Sadly things didnt exactly go according to plan because Covid delayed a few projects like God of War and Gran Turismo and potentially Horizon out of the launch window, but this is still a staggering lineup and planning.