• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lagspike_exe

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Judging by the responses I guess I'm the only one who is hoping this isn't true since I would rather they completely focus on GoT2.

It could be the case that a significant part of the team was moved over to begin GoT2 pre-production, thus leaving part of the team with nothing much to do so they can allocate them to do an expansion while waiting for GoT2 full production.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Hype!
I just hope they add some new gameplay features and maybe open world activities
Loved GoT but it got dangerously close to overstaying it´s welcome with regards to keeping the gameplay interesting

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Sounds good to me. Loved GoT and would happily play even more. Can't wait to see what additions and refinements they make off the original.

Would be happy for them to use this as a kind of extended epilogue for Jin's story and then moving on to a new era and character for the second game too, though I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up being a side story before the end of the main story in GoT.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Nice, I'm in! Really liked the first game even if it was very repetitive. Wonder if we'll have a new protagonist in the expansion.

OCD Guy

Nov 2, 2017

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Wow, great news! Day 1 and hopefully there's a bundle with the base game because I sold it last year after getting the platinum.

May 18, 2018
Finally someone makes the thread. Sitting on this since last week was killing me!

7aef80677481eace481843f80970eddc.jpg

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Shawn was an advocate of this, and we see it more evidently in recent years in Sony's pipeline. There's a bigger interest in standalones.

www.gamesindustry.biz

Shawn Layden: "I would welcome a return to the 12 to 15 hour AAA game"

Former PlayStation executive Shawn Layden has called for the industry to examine the trend towards bigger and more expe…

"So how can we look at that and say: Is there another answer? Instead of spending five years making an 80 hour game, what does three years and a 15 hour game look like? What would be the cost around that? Is that a full-throated experience?

"Personally, as an older gamer... I would welcome a return to the 12 to 15 hour [AAA] game. I would finish more games, first of all, and just like a well edited piece of literature or a movie, looking at the discipline around that could give us tighter, more compelling content.

"It's something I'd like to see a return to in this business."

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
What's not to like?

I hope this is true. I loved GoT and will buy this on PS5 day one.

The nature of these 'Direct to DVD' style releases means they're considerably more derivative than normal sequels - which means my glaring issues with GoT will almost certainly not be addressed, we'll just get more of the boring same.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do like the premise of a bunch of smaller islands, mostly uninhabited, being used as a staging ground for the invasion of Japan proper. That would indeed set up a sequel where the Ghost must travel to mainland Japan to fight off the invading Mongols all while avoiding the nobility in the country who would see him executed.

I'd definitely grab that for my PS4.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It's the Island called Ike. It's located between Tsushima and Main land Japan

Right. Ikeshima = "Ike Island". I think Ed just spelled it wrong.

I do like the premise of a bunch of smaller islands, mostly uninhabited, being used as a staging ground for the invasion of Japan proper. That would indeed set up a sequel where the Ghost must travel to mainland Japan to fight off the invading Mongols all while avoiding the nobility in the country who would see him executed.

I'd definitely grab that for my PS4.

The Mongols never made it to the mainland in any meaningful capacity. The Kamikaze absolutely ruined their fleet before they had a chance to invade.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.

Hernan532

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 30, 2020
The second invasion was a joke, lasted almost no time at all, and was defeated by harsh winds. Making an entire game out of that would be silly.
That wasn't the second invasion, that was the first after they leave Tsushima. The second was a big fight and a lot of people died . And like he said was several years after the first.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
One of the things putting me off GoT is everyone complaining about the length and repetition. It's why I put Valhalla down.

Would be totally up for a more condensed experience to ease me into the franchise. Hopefully this ticks that box.

Lost Legacy was my favourite Uncharted game after 2.
It's like 50 hours to 100% Ghost, 20-30 for story. Valhalla is like 200 hours to 100%, I don't know how long the story is but I'm 70 hours deep and it's not in sight. They aren't really in the same ballpark.
Ghost definitely gets repetitive, to the point I'd say you should save most open world stuff for if you want more, but if you mainline the story it's fantastic when it gets going.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't involved with verifying the source mentioned in the article here but I can independently say that, yeah, I have heard this same info from another source too. Real.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
One of the things putting me off GoT is everyone complaining about the length and repetition. It's why I put Valhalla down.

Would be totally up for a more condensed experience to ease me into the franchise. Hopefully this ticks that box.

Lost Legacy was my favourite Uncharted game after 2.

Same here. I thought Lost Legacy was much better paced and more focused than U4. If Sucker Punch can make something smaller and less repetitive this time - i'm in.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Curious if it's Jin again - I wouldn't necessarily mind, but if it's akin to Miles I wonder if we get a full-on new protagonist, or a side character from the first game (like that one archer lady)?

Though I suppose it'd be a little harder to start from scratch character-wise and re-frame the narration for a smaller expansion pack.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
Announce this with a ghost of Tsushima coming to PC announcement and I will fucking SCREEEAAAAMMM

With joy!

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
The nature of these 'Direct to DVD' style releases means they're considerably more derivative than normal sequels - which means my glaring issues with GoT will almost certainly not be addressed, we'll just get more of the boring same.

That's one way to look at it.

Another is that a "proper sequel" isn't a 2-3 year turnaround, but rather a 5-6 year turnaround, which means that this 1.5 sequel actually makes it far likelier than the 2.0 sequel is a meaningful evolution from the 1st game.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
Curious if it's Jin again - I wouldn't necessarily mind, but if it's akin to Miles I wonder if we get a full-on new protagonist, or a side character from the first game (like that one archer lady)?

Though I suppose it'd be a little harder to start from scratch character-wise and re-frame the narration for a smaller expansion pack.
Yuna would be awesome. Further vengeance??

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, hope this is real, I could go for more GoT.

Gonna wait till we have more reliable sources before I get hyped though lol

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

I, and many other people, weren't bored for a minute by GoT. I rarely platinum a game, but GoT just had me come back day after day to just ride around and enjoy the gorgeous world and music. One of my favorite experiences of the last generation. Sad to hear you didn't enjoy it that much, but I think to many people this would be exactly what they wanted.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

Considering how well received GoT was I don't think many people have any issue with more of the same.

Nov 14, 2017
I'm not sure I'd call Lost Legacy or Miles Morales derivative other than them being in the same franchise as Uncharted and Spider-Man. I found them both to be great games with the high points at the same level as the mainline titles.