• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
In a rain-drenched part of the world Jin has traded his traditional armor for a straw raincoat called a mino. This has both mechanical value and narrative value.

Dynamic time of day and weather.

If it is dynamic ToD and Weather, than he changes his clothes depending on the weather (in real time)? I don't understand this. And what do they mean by "rain-drenched part of the world"? Certainly it rains at some point in all areas of the world if it is "dynamic"?

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If it is dynamic ToD and Weather, than he changes his clothes depending on the weather (in real time)? I don't understand this. And what do they mean by "rain-drenched part of the world"? Certainly it rains at some point in all areas of the world if it is "dynamic"?
You will probably be able to change at will. I don't see them halting the pacing just for changing clothes. I imagine you have an inventory that you can access from the horse's bags and change from there. I think the rain world is similiar to RDR where you had a criminal town but it was always very rainy and stuff. It was dynamic there as well but it was rare for the weather to be sunny.

We will see though but that's how I think they will do it.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
You will probably be able to change at will. I don't see them halting the pacing just for changing clothes. I imagine you have an inventory that you can access from the horse's bags and change from there. I think the rain world is similiar to RDR where you had a criminal town but it was always very rainy and stuff. It was dynamic there as well but it was rare for the weather to be sunny.

We will see though but that's how I think they will do it.
Yeah I am guessing that is just a story outfit you get when you get in the area.

It fits the mood but we dont know what they of benefits its offer.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
The animation is still 10/10, timeless.

tumblr_nynlefEMul1ucpcboo1_500.gif

fe81eafc987475e4db92cbdb7a4e8abb.gif

This was the first really really good anime I ever watched (after being on Dragonball Z).

Samurai X was one of the best things ever. My favorite next to Samurai Champloo and Full Metal Alchemist. Don't watch anime anymore, but man those were the days...

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
The MC's stance, is that normal? Don't know much about it, but it seems kinda strange? Blocking stance is fine though.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
just found this video about Ghost of Tsushima analysis and it seems GoT may not have stance system?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjby2lQ2ngc

I also make an assumption that since the enemy (Masako) have stances, that we will also have that system, but Jin never actually change stance other than guard stance in the demo. normal enemies also never change stance so that may also only reserve to boss level enemies like Masako.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
just found this video about Ghost of Tsushima analysis and it seems GoT may not have stance system?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjby2lQ2ngc

I also make an assumption that since the enemy (Masako) have stances, that we will also have that system, but Jin never actually change stance other than guard stance in the demo. normal enemies also never change stance so that may also only reserve to boss level enemies like Masako.

There's a menu in the bottom right hand corner showing stance selection during the Ghost combat section while Jin is fighting the armoured guy, as he throws the smokebomb. The v/o also references it, saying some are fast, some slow and that you can select an optimum stance to defeat the enemy you're facing.