• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
We've seen some of it already, like using the grappling hook to climb to the roof and then the multi-takedown in the temple and the fire bomb assassination in the PGW trailer. The leaked info also says you'll get access to various tools like Shuriken, Kunai and poison.

Basically expect a mixture of AC and Tenchu.
If it's going to be so grounded, then the ninja aspect of the game will probably be really brutal.

PSX would be a great venue to reveal that footage.

OP
OP
kostacurtas

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Some stuff I pick up from the livestream

-The game is a original work of fiction they are not rebuilding history stone by stone
-They game has a UI they just did not put it in for E3
- Everything you can see in the background you can go to such as a Pogoda and Mongol ships, you have the freedom to go where you want at your on pace.
-The game is grounded and realistic.
-They want to give players alot of navigational options.
-There alot of stories in the game that you may not find them all.
-Strong focus on minimalism for the graphics, you see the things that are more pronounce
Thanks, added.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
I never play games in japenese voice track, but might play with this just for that authentic feel.

5Twist

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely going to play the game twice in Japanese and English. I was impressed with the dub from the announcement trailer and the gameplay footage from the show.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I am so glad they went for a more historical setting and style, rather then going for the much easier to do fantasy trope like most every other action game set in the setting does outside of some RTS games.

This game looked amazing and easily jumped to one of my top spots next to Cyberpunk for games I'm looking forward to.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Everything sounds so good

The quests, grounded gameplay, open world, minimal hud, Japanese dub, the fact that they LOVE wind effects for the environment is going to be so good.

God please be next year release!!!

bro_naldo

Oct 28, 2017
At the end he beacame a bad ass ninja right?

day one! I hope they put japanese audio options in the game :)

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
Need to know more about the combat but this sounds good. Hope we get to see any towns in the near future.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
Jin aka Ghost of Tsushima needs to get on my n***a Jin level.
6eb7ca9653c2db1d9ee90237ae8c302c.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
The grounded combat is fantastic. Tired of supernatural stuff all other games do. It was so brutal and majestic...

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
- The game is grounded and realistic.

- You can play the game with a Japanese voice track.

Boo to realism, yay to Japanese voices.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I thought it looked stunning and all of these details are positive. I hope they can keep that art direction up for an entire open world game length.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Since this is an info thread here's some leaked info that came out a few days ago:

• Samurai were the most respectable people in Japan, people bow to Jin as he passes by on foot or horseback, but samurai were also feared; some women and children will attempt to hide or flee at the sight of Jin, while others will attempt to attack in order to prove themselves, or take some of the valuable gear a samurai would typically carry. This all helps to make the world feel alive and immersive. Not sure how often these civilian interactions occur.
  • Japanese voice over is a must for this game in order to truly feel like a samurai epic, but the English is superb (as many of you could probably tell from the reveal trailer.
  • Each outpost has a story behind it and a quest line, not just "take out these soldiers and you retake the village". Villages can be retaken by Mongols if you do not complete the quest line.
  • The game has two central towns (think Witcher 3), and many smaller outposts / villages.
  • There are NPCS who can help train you in the ways of the Ghost, as for a Samurai, it would be a completely different form, and dishonorable way, of combat. Don't expect Jin to be able to right out of the gate know how to throw shuriken, use kunai, use alchemy ( poisons, create potions, and explosives), use grappling hooks to get on top of rooftops, quickly, etc.
  • 2 major skill trees with many branches; which are way of the samurai, and way of the ghost. Samurai focusing more on sword play, archery, and defense, while ghost focuses more on stealth, alchemy, and agility.
  • Samurai skill tree is fully unlocked from the start, while ghost requires you to complete tasks in order to unlock a specific branch, such as working with an alchemist in order to learn poison abilities, or to create potions with strong effects.
  • You will be free to switch between samurai and ghost kits. Jin in full samurai armor won't be able to climb buildings (you can still jump, don't worry) or swim/dive, and would be fit more for a defensive, all out attack build. This can be balanced out however by mixing kits. You switch by going into any outpost / town, there you will also be able to sleep in order to pass the time, so if you prefer to tackle a mission at night as a ghost, or at day as a samurai, it's up to you. So for a more grounded approach, samurai is recommended.
  • Think of climbing buildings as a faster paced assassins creed. Tenchu style grappling hook makes it even faster.
  • You don't necessarily want to be seen in your ghost kit, as people may take you for an assassin and will sometime be hostile toward you. The game recommends you to be the ghost at night, but samurai at day. Some quests will only be handed out in your samurai gear, or only in your ghost gear, such as assassination requests. Double agent type of system and story to back it up.
E3 demo focuses on showing travelling on horseback from point A to B, showcases samurai combat and ninja (ghost) combat. Starts off with picking off targets very akin MGS or Tenchu, but goes full on combat Nioh/For Honor with different attack stances, the enemies are smart so you cannot just spam an attack, as they will block, or worse, counter you. Combat is graphic, depending on your slice, can decapitate (samurai were known for decapitation their foes so it makes sense), severe limbs. Rated M for sure. No bullet sponge enemies, one or two good strikes on a normal foot soldier can take them out, but you are also very squishy in your ghost gear. Boss fight at the end, but I won't spoil the surprise.

Smoshow

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the combat stays realistic. One or two blows and you're dead. Sam for the enemies.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I hope the combat stats realistic. One or two blows and you're dead. Sam for the enemies.

The leaked info above states that you're very squishy in full Ghost spec and attire, which makes sense since you're meant to be a silent assassin. If you want to be more defensive, then a full Way of the Samurai build is the one for you.

Kos Luftar

Oct 27, 2017
They need to get some help from ND to fix those walking and running animations. Characters in E3 gameplay looked like they were walking on a greasy floor.

jamsy

Oct 27, 2017
If you choose to play with the Japanese voices, will it be lip synced appropriately?

5Twist

Oct 27, 2017
Since this is an info thread here's some leaked info that came out a few days ago:

• Samurai were the most respectable people in Japan, people bow to Jin as he passes by on foot or horseback, but samurai were also feared; some women and children will attempt to hide or flee at the sight of Jin, while others will attempt to attack in order to prove themselves, or take some of the valuable gear a samurai would typically carry. This all helps to make the world feel alive and immersive. Not sure how often these civilian interactions occur.
  • Japanese voice over is a must for this game in order to truly feel like a samurai epic, but the English is superb (as many of you could probably tell from the reveal trailer.
  • Each outpost has a story behind it and a quest line, not just "take out these soldiers and you retake the village". Villages can be retaken by Mongols if you do not complete the quest line.
  • The game has two central towns (think Witcher 3), and many smaller outposts / villages.
  • There are NPCS who can help train you in the ways of the Ghost, as for a Samurai, it would be a completely different form, and dishonorable way, of combat. Don't expect Jin to be able to right out of the gate know how to throw shuriken, use kunai, use alchemy ( poisons, create potions, and explosives), use grappling hooks to get on top of rooftops, quickly, etc.
  • 2 major skill trees with many branches; which are way of the samurai, and way of the ghost. Samurai focusing more on sword play, archery, and defense, while ghost focuses more on stealth, alchemy, and agility.
  • Samurai skill tree is fully unlocked from the start, while ghost requires you to complete tasks in order to unlock a specific branch, such as working with an alchemist in order to learn poison abilities, or to create potions with strong effects.
  • You will be free to switch between samurai and ghost kits. Jin in full samurai armor won't be able to climb buildings (you can still jump, don't worry) or swim/dive, and would be fit more for a defensive, all out attack build. This can be balanced out however by mixing kits. You switch by going into any outpost / town, there you will also be able to sleep in order to pass the time, so if you prefer to tackle a mission at night as a ghost, or at day as a samurai, it's up to you. So for a more grounded approach, samurai is recommended.
  • Think of climbing buildings as a faster paced assassins creed. Tenchu style grappling hook makes it even faster.
  • You don't necessarily want to be seen in your ghost kit, as people may take you for an assassin and will sometime be hostile toward you. The game recommends you to be the ghost at night, but samurai at day. Some quests will only be handed out in your samurai gear, or only in your ghost gear, such as assassination requests. Double agent type of system and story to back it up.
E3 demo focuses on showing travelling on horseback from point A to B, showcases samurai combat and ninja (ghost) combat. Starts off with picking off targets very akin MGS or Tenchu, but goes full on combat Nioh/For Honor with different attack stances, the enemies are smart so you cannot just spam an attack, as they will block, or worse, counter you. Combat is graphic, depending on your slice, can decapitate (samurai were known for decapitation their foes so it makes sense), severe limbs. Rated M for sure. No bullet sponge enemies, one or two good strikes on a normal foot soldier can take them out, but you are also very squishy in your ghost gear. Boss fight at the end, but I won't spoil the surprise.
I remember initially, people thought this was too good to be true, but the last paragraph was quite spot on.

Clocian

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 23, 2018
Look at the leaves blowing around....whew

Definitely playing this with the HUD off

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I will be very disappointed if they don't redo the lip sync for the Japanese voice track, because I am totally using that one if it's done well

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sounds awesome.

Also lol at the first few replies following OP's slip up.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Sounds great! Very glad to hear confirmation that it is grounded and realistic. No supernatural stuff.

Please let us use a spear. Please let us use a spear. Please let us use a spear.

I like that you get to learn the "assassin" skills and whatnot, though I hope there's more to it than just a skill tree in a menu.

I like the English voice acting so far, but I'm definitely picking Japanese.

I wonder if they'll do anything new for Photo Mode, considering that they created it in the first place. Either ways, glad to hear we're getting it.